WHAT Has Made You Smile Today?

Neighbors on the 2500 block of East Monmouth Street in Port Richmond had been trying for an hour to rescue “Princess Momma,” a cat who somehow got stuck at the top of a utility pole.

Verizon worker Maurice German was on the scene and used his bucket truck to rescue the animal.

But, a Verizon spokesman told Action News that because German’s good deed violated safety protocol, and was actually pretty dangerous due to the electrical lines in the area, the company had no choice but to suspend him.

That suspension is three weeks without pay.

NOW, I guess Verizon had to suspend the guy ?? Can’t have everyone jacking up the bucket trucks near power lines I guess but Phila backed him up with a GoFundMe page !!!

https://www.gofundme.com/heroes-come-in-all-forms

12 Likes

Driving in American Truck Sim - it’s apparently 1:20 scale and the 3 hour drive from Roswell to Socorro took 15 or 20 minutes so yeah, feels right. I’ve been all over New Mexico, tho never lived there, and at that kind of familiarity it was, in fact, really familiar, it felt quite a lot like driving thru NM.

But, what made me smile was more specific: Dripping at red lights! XD

Saftey Note: Only drink drive in fiction. And maybe not even then XD.

Update: Fracking “Post ED” Van just pulled out in front of me at a light with a right turn and I had to slam the breaks. +2 realism, those Fed Ex guys do this to me fairly often (okay EVERYONE does this to me fairly often. I hate driving; it’s so dangerous)

5 Likes

Made a tamper from thread derail parts :laughing:

9 Likes

Gotta love these two. Real rocket scientists.

9 Likes

Humans need to stop breeding. :confounded:

5 Likes

@MisterSinner

10 Likes

Classic :+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

Awesome…dildozer hahahahaha:crazy_face:

3 Likes

I (possibly) just bought a GTX 1070 graphics card for 80 USD including shipping.

That’d be really neat.

It’s also ebay, and literally 5 out of 5 of my last purchases from ebay were never delivered, the wrong thing, or an outright scam. So. . . . I mean, I did buy this one from the US instead of india or china. We’ll see what comes in.

But my r9 290 is old, and kinda a giant space heater (and summer is coming around again) so, worth a shot.

6 Likes

I’m stocking up. Decided to spend a certain amount on vape supplies once a week. New atomizer coming and more flavors. Next week vg and pg and nicotine.

5 Likes

Nice score and hope it pans out!

5 Likes

I woke up, and it made me smile.
Now that might sound strange, so let me explain.
About 15 or 20 years ago it was “predicted” that I would die on 29th March 2019.
Now I don’t normally even listen to crap like that, but for some strange reason it stuck in my head, and even became a bit of a joke between my wife and I, and I said that on the 30th April when I woke up I would wave my private parts at death, and I did.
So that is what made me smile today :smile::smile::smile:

16 Likes

Warm weather!

16 Likes

A PWM and a beer. Your manliness has impressed me.

5 Likes

Ya it has a 510 pin connection=)
Thinking about THC as a way to quit alchohol ???

6 Likes

Not sure if it will help with alcohol but just from my experience, about thirty minutes ago, I’m high AF. I’m not sure I want to even get off the couch to get a beer. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

Attack of the killer 30ml gummies!:ok_hand::1st_place_medal::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I only killed 2… watch your backs!!

7 Likes

giphy-8
Works for me =)

6 Likes

Rotfl…:thinking:

5 Likes