What is Best Marshmallow and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

I need to re-order Marshmallow and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream both were from CAP any recommendations on if I should buy from a different company on both?

2 Likes

Liquid Barn
TPA
for vanilla ice cream

order a small amount in case you get the dreaded pepper note , which i do unfortunately but if you dont your in for a treat , even with the pepper note you could taste how good the two flaves are it is a small percent for those that get that note

FA
TPA

are the two marshmallows i use the most they are different the capella is good as well but if i were to choose two it would be the two which i named

3 Likes

FA & TPA got it !
Thanks!

3 Likes

How did you like the CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream? It was good, but had a weird note to it that wouldn’t steep out or go away, no matter how low of a % I used. Sad.

2 Likes

I’ve used both TPA and CAP VBIC to very good results, but I feel the TPA version is a bit richer. With marshmallow, I usually go with TPA or Flavor West. TPA being a little bit stronger but by adjusting the FW up a little (usually 0.25 - 0.50% more than you would use with TPA) I get the same result. TPA toasted marshmallow is a good one as well that I find works very good with graham cracker flavoring.

7 Likes

You took the words right outta my mouth lol

2 Likes

the dreaded pepper note is what concerns me

2 Likes

@Steve-o_54 I believe Marshmallow is a very personal thing hehe, as many people I talk to have their own favorite. I’m torn between FA and TPA right now. As far as VBIC I can’t detect the “pepper effect” that some people get, and after having tried most of them, hands down Liquid Barn’s is the stand out IMO.

3 Likes

Thanks appreciate it!

1 Like

Liquid barn is the best VIC I have tasted and I have just about all of them. It’s actually quite amazing, since I kinda hate all their other flavors, hehe. BCV carries it now, if that makes it easier. My ONLY complaint, is it needs about 4% (or more) for a nice thick VIC. Other than that, the shit is tits!! :wink:

4 Likes

@DarthVapor couldn’t agree more. I’ve gone quite a bit heavier than 4% without issue. I’m sure you can go too high, I just haven’t gotten there yet. Thanks out to @Ken_O_Where for the heads up on this beaut.

2 Likes

personally i wouldnt let that stand in your way , grab 10ml of each , the ones who taste the pepper are in the minority…

3 Likes

Im a huge fan of LB Vanilla Ice Cream & TPA’s Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, also TPA’s Vanilla Bean Gelato is a great flavor as well When it comes to Marshmallow, I find Flavor Art’s Marshmallow to be probably the most authentic MM, however i haven’t been through each and every MM on the market, but FA CAP and TPA are definitely my top 3. I will add also that TPA’s toasted MM has a great MM taste to it, go figure, a lot of MM out there really dont taste like MM, i have found a lot of them tho bring weight and sweetness to a mix.

3 Likes

I haven’t found a solid Ice Cream yet, but Marshmallow NF (Nature’s Flavors, available at diyvaporsupply.com) is awesome. It has a very authentic flavor, probably because it’s an extract. Also a nice mouth feel that, so far, hasn’t become too thick, dry or powdery. But, has a hint of powdered sugar coating to it. I’ve been using it at .5-2% up til yesterday when I mixed it at 4% in a recipe to get a real MM.

This one is super awesome tasty on 24hr steep, but I know I’ll need to give it 4 weeks minimum to make sure it doesn’t turn into a deleted scene from Ghost Busters!

2 Likes

If it’s and extract…marshmallow nf…does it mean that it has sugar in it?

Marshmallow. A marshmallow is a sugar-based confectionery that in its modern form typically consists of sugar, water and gelatin whipped to a squishy consistency, molded into small cylindrical pieces, and coated with corn starch. Some marshmallow recipes call for eggs.
Marshmallow - Wikipedia

2 Likes

Extracts, as far as I have read, extract flavor not raw ingredients. I could be completely wrong, though. I haven’t done deeper due-diligence. Suppose it’s time to hit the lab reports. These are NF, though, not MF, so they are based in cane alcohol.

3 Likes

Fixed the mf vs nf. Auto correct is a pain in the butt. Funny how I have all these vape terms saved in the phone dictionary.

4 Likes

I love LB’s vanilla ice cream, but before I got it, I used (TPA) vanilla bean ice cream and gelato, I’m not a pepper taster.
For a complexer ice cream I use (HS) French vanilla ice cream.

Marshmallow, I use (pur) marshmallow, (cap-silverline) whipped marshmallow and (tpa) toasted marshmallow.

I tried others but they never satisfied me, wish WF or VT would come out with one.

4 Likes

I know you use non-pg flavors due to your wife’s pg allergy, but have you ever tried LB VIC?

2 Likes

Not yet, still haven’t purchased any pg-based, except Bacon OOO for a friend.

2 Likes