What to watch out for

I’m fairly new here and I’ve been addicted to mixing as soon as I started last month! I’ve been reading and watching videos and a little mixing. So far my first couple juices have turned out pretty good. Now today I ordered more concentrates and a few mixing necessities.
I have a question for everyone: Is there anything that I should beware of or watch out for with DIY…ing? I noticed that some concentrates have warnings such as sugars or alcohol on the label. Can anyone tell me what that means for DIY please.

2 Likes

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavors/warnlist you might want to check this out Shelly

3 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

You’re welcome any time

Hi @Shelley_12… If I could offer any advice I would say to you, don’t limit yourself to just the standard vendor purchases. It seems to me that most new mixers purchase mainly the big 3 vendors concentrates only, (TPA, FW and CAP). During your research also include FlavourArt, Flavorah, Inawera, RealFlavors and Medicine Flower. These are considered Premium Concentrates and they are more costly than the big 3. But at some point,(usually later in your mixing learning curve) you will be curious about these vendors offerings. IMO you should include at few of these early so you will be building a diverse flavor stash.

11 Likes

id second that , if i could start all over again id try to learn with the premium flaves

5 Likes

The warning list steve put up is a great reference to check when ordering. Also great advice from Pro_Vapes I can’t stress this enough. As a beginner you’re not quite sure how much you’d like to invest in this hobby I get it but if I had to do it all over again ( and I would ) I’d buy quality not quantity ingredients. I didn’t get named Flavor Queen overnight :wink: Def the big 3 have flavors I still buy from today but I found I really started to grow once I got into buying premium concentrates.

Also pace yourself …this is hard I know I’m still learning to do it as well. Hype flavors come out and yep somebody is guna buy them if you wait you’ll be able to save yourself the few bucks. I was a guinea pig for an enormous amount of yucky flavors over the years oh well somebody had to do it …right !

Best thing your doing is asking :sunny:

10 Likes

Boy I agree with this. Some of these premium vendors weren’t around when we came up, but now that they are, I’d say the sooner you research these premium vendors the better. You can save yourself a lot of headaches and $$$.

Round 1 of my Stash Cleansing. I still have a couple rounds to go…

5 Likes

I am right w/ you been cleaning and trashing ALOT of the oldies they are just sitting in the way of awesome new premium flavors :wink:

4 Likes

I’d just hate to see new mixers start down the same path as us. There are truly some awesome premium flavors out there that not researched by newer mixers. I wish there was a premium starter package of must have premium flavors supported by the top norms.

5 Likes

I agree that is why we worked hard on the research list because we were fed up w/ crappy flavors lol ! Hey you may can get something started w/ one of the vendors to put together a premium line kit ! Good thought :sunny:

7 Likes

LOVE this idea :+1:

4 Likes

I don’t no of any vendor that carry all the premiums we use. That sounds like a local project. I kinda took a little bashing about this post because of the message it sends. My thoughts were the vendor choices was a bit narrow for the top recipes for a entire year. Some people saw it as me being critical…

8 Likes

I personally didn’t think either one of your guys were too critical of the whole thread I actually thought it was portrayed as inquiring and earnest to be truthful.

I may just be one sided and that isn’t my intentions but I don’t see to much of a challenge if it has barriers so no you in my mind were most likely saying what others were thinking :wink:

I wonder if BCF or ECX would be up for it even Gremlin has a good mix of everyone.

7 Likes

Thank you so much for the tips! That really actually helped alot!

2 Likes

I thought it was excellent advice because coming into this new there so much to learn! I’d rather avoid the pitfalls if I can. I notice I could go a little crazy ordering flavors but I’m trying to stay small until I figure out what my taste buds like. I’m glad I posted this BC now I think I’m going to wait on a expensive mixing device until I have more experience. I’m glad that people are sharing what they know :smile: Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

ELR is unique that doesn’t put limits on anyone here, except to be respectful of others. It’s very hard to be banned here and speaking your mind is acceptable. I think ELR is shunned by some other forums and we need to do more as far as our contribution to the DIY world is concerned. I’m a member of several DIY forums, but I walk a thin line there and haven’t been truly accepted by any. They seem to have cliques that run the show and they really limit who they let in. So when someone say user stay in their bubble, it’s not from trying to expand to other groups. Nobody or group know all there is to DIY and sharing knowledge, not opinions is best for the DIY community.

6 Likes

I agree versatility is key as well as having an open mind. There is no one size fits all. Togther we stand strong and learn from one another.

6 Likes

Watch out for too many good deals, it could lead to poverty.

9 Likes

This didn’t come out as intended. I in no way had any adverse feelings about my interaction with @Wayne_Walker. I just felt some of the later comments from some of the members here missed the mark of the concerns I really tried to express.

6 Likes