What Ya Vaping/Mixing Today (Part III/IV) 2019/2020

Works for me! Point being yes, there are those out there that work best in tiny numbers.

6 Likes

Might be better to add base to the lemonade mix, FLV wild melon is strong; I seldom go higher than 1%. As far as the others I’d recommend getting INA shisha strawberry or FA strawberry juicy to pair up with the TFA strawberry ripe. Same with blueberry, pair up with a second blueberry. More often than not it takes several like fruits to make a whole.

8 Likes

Im not saying a thing… Lord help me if someone took me all wrong… :slight_smile: :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks for all the primo responses guys! That makes a ton of sense, I’ll definitely make up a new mix and try out FLV Wild Melon at 1% and try combining multiple brands of berries and things to see how they go! I need to do another order and get things like the Juicy Strawberry or Shisha Strawberry, at the mo I have TFA Strawberry Ripe, CAP Sweet Strawberry and TFA Strawberry. Also need to grab another Blueberry I think I only have the 1! I can definitely tell now that I have overused the Wild Melon heavily :joy:

On that note I may try reducing the FLV Lemonade as well and see how that comes through, in my initial mix I only used LA Lemonade then found another recipe that combined both at those percentages as well as suggesting FLV Wild Melon @ 4-5%, hence my starting points lol. But am very glad to have opinions of more than 1 mixer here to help make it better!

Thanks again all!

EDIT:
Also just want to add that I primarily vape nic salts 50mg/mL but am looking to try out 25mg/mL and see if that is satisfactory. At the moment I trial run 0mg/mL or 3mg/mL for test batches then generally only make up a Nic Salt batch once its somewhere I’m happy with. Really glad I’ve been doing this because I doubt I’ll end up vaping the Super Melonade knowing what I know now! Put some commercial Fuji Apple (Apple, Strawberry and Nectarine from my taste buds) in my pod last night after I emptied out the heavy melon mix and can still taste the Wild Melon lingering today :joy: just realised I have a CAP Blueberry I could pair with the LA.

10 Likes

And, thank you! I’m digging them, so far. Need a few more days to steep out before I really have an idea.

I’m really glad you brought this % thing up. Your mixes should start improving and cleaning up pretty quickly.

The advice @Letitia gave about adding base to your already made liquid is solid. It’s a good way to see what happens with lowering %s. Might try this:

Grab a 30ml bottle. Start a new recipe in the calculator and make it 20ml, then make a recipe like you normally would, but don’t add any flavors. Mix that up. Thats your unflavored base, at your usual ratios of nic/vg/pg…Then add 5 grams of your high-% liquid into that. I don’t know what the ending %s will be, but the nic strength will stay the same and you have a very diluted version of your recipe.

Someone else may have a better way, I’m just spitballing. Good luck!

6 Likes

There are a number of “hurdles” in the first steps in DIY. One of which is finding out how to look at other people’s recipes “in the proper frame of mind”.

A lot of different things enter into the creation of a recipe. Some of the largest of which are;

• how far removed from smoking the creator of said recipe is (in other words, how much of their taste buds are left/have they recovered.)
  • Whether they vape on MTL or DL.
  • do they use salts or regular nic.
  • are they a ‘super-taster’ (more sensitive taste receptors than the average person).

And many more…but the thing is, ALL of these factors intermingle. So the best thing you can do early in is try and find recipes with the flavors you have, and try several variations of “the same recipe”. In other words, take a 2 or 3 flavor recipe, and look for matching recipes by various users, but where they use very different percentages. (This is an alternative to actually doing your own single flavor tests [which we refer to around here as SFT’s], which is my personal recommendation and preference.)

But find someone whose recipe works for your taste buds, and where you are in your current skill level, and follow those who align with your preferences. :wink:

SFT’s will always serve you best, but not everyone has the time or dedication (or desire to understand things to that level). But as long as you find what works for you, it’s all good! :wink:

8 Likes

Ok so after almost 30 years of smoking I got her to quit. This is the first of my creations I made her that she loves and is now an everyday vape for her.
Ashleys MY LOVE: https://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

2.33% Blueberry Extra (TPA)
3.33% Blueberry, Wild (TPA)
9.00% Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)
5.00% Watermelon (TPA)
1.66% Whipped Cream (TPA)
2.10% Dragonfruit (TPA)
2.50% Watermelon Candy (TPA)

Please comment if y’all can be nice and give some pointers. I’m still testing flavors and playing like I’m a chemist. Lol
I’ve been off and on mixing for 4 years. But I’m still a newbie

8 Likes

@Plunderdrum mix on the road all the time. Lol
Truck drivers life with my wife. Lol
Sorry I know the thread is old but I’m new to elr.

7 Likes

I will definitely give a diluted mix a go! Will most likely make a new mix or two as well with lower percentages and see how they go. Once I find one I’m liking I’ll remix that with my Nic Salts. I think diluting it is a good idea but am also looking to see if I can get that Wild Melon working in tandem with the Pink Lemonade, as I’ve found a Pink Lemonade I was happy with and got a Niv Salt juice of that one made up to vape on, but thought I’d love to add some melon to it. Can anyone suggest what are the best Melons to work with, I prefer watermelon above the rest and dont mind candy!

6 Likes

Thanks man, that makes a lot of sense and I will definitely try that out as well. Having multiple varied recipes of it made up to work out what tastes right seems like a good approach, at the moment I’m trying to make 3+ juices a day aside from weekends to keep the stockpile growing and keep learning more, I’d eventually like to be as knowledgable as some of you and be able to work completely without a recipe and just think up a flavour combination and be able to mix that and have it taste good! I’ve still got a long way to go but trial and error with some good advice always seems to do the trick :wink:

Also RainbowBright that mix for your girl looks DELICIOUS!

Thanks team!

8 Likes

@sjcloudz thank you. She really enjoys it. I’m trying like crazy like you to be as good as others.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Juicy…

4 Likes

https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/diy-flavor-chaser-one-shots-reviewed-by-sessiondrummer-testing-now

4 Likes

I am loving this one, but I’m finding now I want to add some sort of sweetener to it, which I would rarely use.
The glam I added flv sweetness and the balls I added sweet coconut on the 2nd attempt.
Just tried it will equal parts MB Apricot and that seems to be working well initially.

7 Likes

You really have to take a step back from the concept that Manufacturer X works best in the range of Y to Z%. There are flavors that are incredibly strong from just a single drop in a 30ml mix, just like there are flavors that you can add and add and never reach that strong flavor that you’re after.
Flavorah in general is an ultra concentrate company (less than 1% needed in a mix) but they do have weaker flavors as well that are recommended at higher than normal %, some even as high as 7%.

Intended Use: …Because of its high potency, we recommend to mix from 0.25-5% solution, depending on the flavor and profile desired…

But that being said, there are quite a few of their flavors that work best even below 0.25% and a few that can be pushed even higher than 5%. The above is just general recommendation and it depends on the specific concentrate, your use, your taste buds, your equipment and what flavor profile you’re after.

And that’s not just valid for Flavorah but for any flavor company. If you take Flavour Art for example, it’s generally speaking a super concentrate company (2-4%) but take Blackberry or Cardamom for example, a single drop in 30ml may even be too much for what you want and e.g. Forest Fruit may even be used at 10%.

It pays off if you research a little bit before buying and using your concentrates so you have a good idea what you’re working with and not just waste your concentrates and miss all the finer flavor notes that you could get out of them. In the end though, what counts is your experience. If a flavor is recommend at a certain % but you enjoy it much higher or much lower, then just go for what you like and disregard what anyone else says or thinks about it.

10 Likes

Said very well. Rare is it I take flv lemonade over 1.4% but then I layer that with lemon at .4%. This will not fade or diminish in taste.

Wild melon… notes on it here are so skeward… It is an African horned melon. Excellent for keeping drinks wet if used between .12% and .4%. Used higher than that, from .6% and up, you will get a jellied melon taste.

All flavors have what is called thresholds, where their intended flavors work well based on the description of that flavor. When flavor “pushing” happens, it can warp the flavor, loosing notes from anywhere, top bottom, sides and the middle. Its best to pay attention to what your mouth is saying to you. If you follow along, you will be able to detect and adjust. :slight_smile:

I also mix like with like… I keep the ultras with other ultras and so far I have yet to miss out…

6 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

Hey all, was about to mix up this as a redemption round to last weeks Super Melonade flop, then looking at the ratios realised I could potentially try it without the LA Lemonade no? The only issue I see in doing that is that the INW Raspberry may take too much dominance and I’d have to up the FLV Lemonade to 1.5% or something. If anyone has any input here that would be helpful, just curious as to whether people think itd be worth mixing without the LA Lemonade in it or not. I could always do both just only have 7 or so empty bottles left till my order arrives

Pink Melonade v1.1

• LA Lemonade 6%
  • INW Raspberry 2%
  • INW Cactus 1%
  • FLV Lemonade 1%
  • FLV Wild Melon 1%
  • FA Lemon Sicily 1%
  • CAP Super Sweet 0.5%

In the mean time I am scheming up a simple Dragonfruit concoction that I will probably mix and post up today, just hunting through recipes for some inspiration on flavours combos.

4 Likes