What Ya Vaping/Mixing Today (Part III/IV) 2019/2020

I dont see FLV Raspberry in your mix at all… you hiding it??

If you do have flv raspberry, take inw out and run the flv at .6%

I’d also drop the lo lemonade and run flv lemonade at 1.2% or 1.4%

6 Likes

My bad, I’m not long awake so typo’d the FLV Raspberry, I am yet to order that sadly. Was meant to say up the FLV Lemonade to 1.5 or so. Will get it in my next order to compare to the INW. Will edit now. Thanks a ton @anon84779643, will give that a try today! I also wanted to add a Strawberry into this but none of the ones I have seem to be fitting, I have CAP Sweet Strawberry, TFA Strawberry Ripe and TFA Strawberry.

4 Likes

I’d say you’re right, may want to back that powerhouse back down a few notches.

5 Likes

Will start her off at 1% and add a drop if needed, if it’s too strong next round will start at 0.5%. I prefer being able to taste things though so will start at 1% and see where shes at :slight_smile:

Thinking I’m gonna do a basic Dragonfruit and Strawberry as well, no creams to start with so I can shake and vape and see how the percentages are working out. Then might play around with some creams or something added in. Thinking as a starting point I’ll go

TFA Dragonberry 7%
TFA Strawberry Ripe 3.5%
CAP Sweet Strawberry 3.5%

Nothing too special but will help me judge percentages on those flavours and try out how the 2 Strawberries help each other out. I must say my DIY strategy has become expensive with the Corona Virus slowing / stopping chinese shipping, I was gonna use import pods to get the price down but am currently paying $20 NZD for a 4 pack to taste each flavour, its either that or buy a heap of coils for my sub ohm and then keep cleaning the tank.

3 Likes

@sjcloudz

From: https://diyordievaping.com/2018/05/01/noted-ep-47-raspberry/

5 Likes

@SessionDrummer so should I start her at 1.5% based on that?

3 Likes

@sjcloudz if you look closely Inawera actually has 3 Raspberries. I’m not sure which one(s) you have to guide you.

2 Likes

@SessionDrummer it’s called Inawera Raspberry Concentrate. I’m thinking that’s the Raspberry Malina 0.5%

4 Likes

Alright, you probably have the Malina. DIY’s info is pretty correct for strengths, and if you’re using Malina, 0.25-0.50% might be a good starting off point.

2 Likes

That’s my favorite, and it’s good, but VERY strong.

3 Likes

@sjcloudz I know @anon84779643 has her favorites, but I have another one to offer you. It may just alter your thoughts on what you USED to know about Raspberries.

5 Likes

Will have a look into that WF Raspberry soon, just got me gloves on for a quick mixing session will report back stat :smiley:

3 Likes

WF wonder flavors

those are MF Medicine flower :slight_smile:
yet another ultra

5 Likes

Hehe, please do continue, do not stop and order anything, I just wanted you to be aware that Medicine Flower makes some of, if not the BEST fruit flavors out there. All natural extracts, nothing artificial. Higher priced, but they are dead on accurate, clean, and Ultra concentrated.

6 Likes

Ah yep that’s my bad, I saw the Raspeberry Wild flavour without seeing the brand and assumed WF! But will check out the MF brand in general, sounds top notch :slight_smile:

So I’ve just mixed up batches, 1 of the reworked Pink Melonade and 1 of the Dragon Berry. I must say at the lower percentages I can actually smell and make out more flavour profiles than I could with the melon heavy variant. Also, am astounded by how good Dragon Berry smells for a first attempt, need to get a trial in on that asap. Just giving them both a warm water bath to mix properly as my VG is quite thick and I haven’t premixed the PG/VG to homogenize it yet.

EDIT:

Here is the recipes to the Dragon Berry & Pink Melonade mixes!

Pink Melonade v1.1

• FLV Lemonade 1.5%
  • FLV Wild Melon 1%
  • FA Lemon Sicily 1%
  • INW Raspberry Concentrate 0.5%
  • INW Cactus Concentrate 1%
  • CAP Super Sweet 0.5%

It is missing the Strawberry flavours I wanted to add in but I figured that adds 1 more complication that I can factor in later but right now I’d rather dial in the Raspberry, Watermelon and Lemonade then see what would be nice to add in. May have overused the Cactus by accident also because it flowed out instead of coming out in drops, so I immediately pulled it away as to not get too much more than I intended to go in.

Dragon Berry v1.0 (simple)

• TFA Dragonfruit 7%
  • TFA Strawberry Ripe 3.5%
  • CAP Sweet Strawberry 3.5%

This one is super simple but smells absolutely divine, I cant wait to try it! Again another one where i considered complications like Blueberry, Raspberry, layered Creams ect but I will try them all in later variations. I quite like a creamy flavour but I also love juicy with no cream, so I have constant cognitive dissonance on what to do and just have to mix one and try the other later lol.

4 Likes

So I have absolutely 0 knowledge about rebuildables and am just starting to read up on them now, but am wondering are these a good option for DIYing because we try so many new flavours? Seems like a better alternative to me stocking up on new pods and going through a $5 pod per flavour. I know this is probably the wrong section but I haven’t fully worked the site and its sections out yet

EDIT:

Also realised a few of my mixed are off because I’d been mixing off the idea that 20 drops = 1mL even though I knew in my head that all liquids and bottles will be difference then saw in the FLV recipe book they suggest 50 drops = 1mL, so I will be getting myself a set of 1mL syringes with needles over the next few days to alleviate this problem. Silly me I’m slapping myself over how I could have done this since I started DIY (not long ago). I would like to mix by scale but that’s not an option for me at this current point in time due to my personal legal troubles having ultra fine scales in the house doesnt help my case lmao. Hope someone starting out can learn from my errors before they get too far Into it hence my sharing :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I may have finally made a SB recipe of my taste :slight_smile:

Sweet, bright, creamy

6 Likes
6 Likes

haha!!! Sorry @sjcloudz… not laughing but this is just a shout out… 50 drops do = 1ml
if you choose drops in the elr calculator instead of grams… the box does pop up on every single recipe to input that 50 drop per ml and I can promise, it will change your recipes… (for the better!!)

Just happy to see it there in the book now. I have been saying this for years now… and looking at recipes with the elr standard drops of 35… and knowing every single recipe I see of all flv is off… I can only giggle… a few have learned this from me, but if I can get everyone to at least try… It will keep me happy too… I wont have to laugh on recipes any longer… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Am glad you second that, I was using the 20 drop per mL until then and damn does the 50 drops make a difference! Now I’ve got a few flavours I basically need to go back through and add an extra 1.5x my original drops to make them where they should be and it makes a lot of sense in terms of where I expect the flavours should be verse where they actually are at 20 drops. Some of them will be super flavour heavy if I was already happy with them at 20 drops but I definitely need to try them all for what they should be lol

3 Likes