What Ya Vaping/Mixing Today (Part III/IV) 2019/2020

You are very much welcome, and yes it does. It took me a bit to figure it out a few years ago… and between the solo taste factor and adjusting your drops… FLV is just beautiful. Happy to have you find it out @sjcloudz… some I just can not reach because they refuse to even try. I wish everyone could see the light on how one does things, can and will make you a better mixer :slight_smile:

It does and it will make you crazy to see your juices only improve, knowing this works! :slight_smile:

You will have to adjust those, as flavors do have thresholds. It can mean the difference of so so juice and juice you just wont ever put down again :wink:

Try your solos first… from 2 drops and work up (10ml bottles) and then look at what you used before then. It will make a difference.

3 Likes

Honestly it makes so many things that made me wonder what I was doing wrong make sense now. Last week I mixed up a 10mL Red Energy by SC 3mg/mL thinking I was using 5% as the base when it would have been closer to 2%, no wonder I went and tipped a heap more flavour in and it still didn’t do what I wanted :joy: gotta have an open mind with any craft I believe, and I’ll happily take advice from anyone whose been mixing their own juice longer than me which isn’t hard!

Went through earlier today and fixed up a heap of flavours that would have been off, that all fell under the “yum, but I want more flavour” category now I’ve sadly gotta wait for a few of those to steep as they were mostly bakery & cream combos. Also fixed the ratio on the new Pink Melonade mix and the Dragon Berry, as well as adding all my concentrates to the flavour stash on here! Now gonna play GTA V for a bit while I scheme up what to do next. I’m almost out of the my 50mg/mL Pink Lemonade pod juice so am deciding what flavour to make next for pods, may even do another batch of that with improved drops/mL and see how that goes. I’d imagine it would be divine, that was one of the ones I was actually happy with while using the 20 drop /mL so I cant wait to see what it would be like at the correct drop/mL ratio.

Do you think 50 drops per mL is a safe assumption for every brand or does each brand have it’s own kinda safe zone? Probably should ask that before I go mix up some more lol.

I’ve also been reading up about Malaysian juice quite a bit, there is a brand called Fantasi that’s been in NZ for years that I didn’t realise was Malysian but I always liked the flavour profile and noticed it was a bit different than most stuff I get that’s either locally made or USA/Euro import. More “cooling” sensation and much brighter flavours. Am thinking of doing a couple juices that aim to do something like that, so have been sifting recipes that include both WS-23 and Sweetener to try achieve something like a commercial style malaysian inspired e-juice, with correct nic ect of course as I’ve read a lot of the malaysian stuff seems to have minimal nic. Is there another place in the forum used more for rambling like this or is here appropriate?

3 Likes

It works for all flavor companies… :wink:

I would suggest to try each company out by using 10ml bottles and a scale…
Count your drops till you reach a ml… then you know.

2 Likes

Once I have more spare bottles I’ll prob do something like that but with the graduated cylinder, easy to check a mL on those things as long as you got the filler in the bottom. I only have a 50mL graduated cylinder that’s graduated from 5mL upwards so usually go 5mL of base then flavour + nic then base to top it off, or in the case of nic salts the nic goes in first up to 5mL then flavour and filler from there.

2 Likes

Absolutely NOT.

This is one of those areas of DIY that (if it’s important to you) you’re just going to HAVE TO verify for yourself to learn the reality of.

Remember the old adage: “Trust, but verify”?
This is one of those things/times/cases.

With everyone (speaking all-inclusive here; manufacturers, vendors, end users) using different size and types of bottles and tips, there’s going to be instances where they are the same (or similar), but they can also vary WIDELY.

Look at the factory original bottle that FA Italy uses (find a pic online with an open lid if you don’t have one personally. Then compare that with a tip on a bottle from River Supply who rebottles. Then compare that with the ‘Pip-Tip’ that FLV went to for a while (and are still in many mixers inventory). Or the factory original bottles from Capella. Etc etc.

Now, I’ve verified the differences for myself, so I don’t have a horse in this ‘race’. And it’s also why I use a method other than drops (and I won’t get into that volatile subject either).

BUT, I am saying that not all drops are equal size. They WILL and DO vary depending on the dispenser they’re coming from.

4 Likes

I assumed as much. For now I’m just mixing drops for personal use till my syringes arrive then will measure flavours syringes and have a good method for everything else.

3 Likes

Well, that’s part of where my experience came from. chuckles
And without rehashing history (or opening ‘new controversy’ over an “age old” topic), I’ll say that drop size/count varies even between syringe guages, and then again between blunt tip vs injection tip! (surprising, I know…but curious minds want to know and all. :wink: lol)

I get those who mix by weight (scale), and I get those who mix by syringe, and I get those who mix by the drop.

The key takeaway though is to remember that they all serve different masters (goals). As long as it’s doing what is desired, it’s not that big of a deal. But, if you don’t know or understand why, it can muck things up pretty quickly sometimes.

4 Likes

I was thinking of using graduated syringes to measure flavour, not count the drops so to speak. As long as its accurate enough for my own taste that’s the main thing, though drops I can see why they would vary between different liquids but 50 per mL is a good estimate then just adjust by taste sorta thing.

EDIT:
Accidentally got like a couple drops of water mixed into a mix today is this going to hurt it? I rinsed out my graduated cylinder after mixing then after I’d tipped that out I had a moment and saw a little bit of liquid In the bottom, thinking it was ejuice I tipped it in with the mix then realised it was water. Hopefully not harmful or anything, was pretty keen to try this mix out! Inspired by HICs Orange Tic Tac x Fantasi Orange Fanta. Using the Mad Fruit because I dont have a Soda base and didn’t want to use Lemonade, so took that one from the HIC Orange Tic Tac.

Double Orange Ice:

6% FA Orange
5% FA Mad Mix (Mad Fruit)
2% FA Mandarin
0.5% TFA Dragonfruit
0.5% INW Cactus
0.5% CAP Super Sweet
0.5% WS-23

60/40 VG to PG ratio.

Got the Orange and Mandarin that dont really need much explanation and the Mad Fruit is explained above. Then the Cactus x Dragonfruit combo to blend the Orange & Mandarin nicely with the WS-23 and the sweetener to add that touch of a cold, sweet drink to the mix. The percentages on the Orange, Mandarin and Mad Fruit are double to HICs because though delicious, his flavours come out quite subtle to me and subtle isn’t what I’m going for with my juices, though he knows what he’s doing a lot better than me! Will most likely halve this batch, then dilute one half while topping up the 0.5% additions back to 0.5% that way I can see how the flavours interact at the recommended levels as well as my increased levels. Always learning haha, cant wait to get an RDA or something so I can try more flavours in a short period of time. My sub ohm coil currently has Cream flavours locked Into the cotton so I cant vape much other than desserts through it without ruining the experience at the moment.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Por fin conseguí Absinthe TPA, para poder probar

4 Likes

TOC’S Chai Tea Latte :

0.80% Black Tea (Flavorah)
0.40% Brown Sugar (TPA)
0.50% Cardamom (FA)
1.20% Eggnog (Flavorah)
1.80% French Vanilla (CAP)
0.50% Sweetness (Flavorah)
1.00% Whipped Cream (Flavorah)

Flavor total: 6.2%

Not sure if I’d call this a Chai Tea Latte really but it’s good to me. I couldn’t add cinnamon as usual, and I think it needs it but still a pretty decent vape. Used the cardamom for ginger, replace cinnamon with nutmeg hence the eggnog, which also works as a cream along with the French Vanilla. Very light on the brown sugar for me because it overwhelms everything to me if I don’t.

4 Likes

Question for everyone. I just go in ws-23 from bcf. Is 0.5% a safe place to add a touch of cooling or would 0.25% be better? I will be adding to a cucumber with spearmint mix and an orange mix with cream.

Noting that I am flavor sensitive to mints. My spearmint flv level is 1 drop/0.02grams to a 15ml to get a slice of mint when mixed with cucumber.

4 Likes

If it’s the first time you’re working with WS-23, just start with a drop (or 2) in 30ml and test… It doesn’t need to steep so you can shake and vape it and build up to where you want it.
It’s impossible to take it out if you added too much and it’s pretty potent stuff.

7 Likes

I like living dangerously and typically don’t single flavor test. Lol. Maybe I’ll do a drop in 12mls. Lol.

3 Likes

It’s not like a SFT where you mix different % and let is steep. It takes 5 mins to find out what strength you need if you have your un-ws’ed mix ready. It’s like putting salt on your fries. It’s not going to get stronger or weaker when you let it steep and it doesn’t alter your flavor profile either.
But put too much and cold polar blast is all you’ll get.

6 Likes
2 Likes

A question you answered yourself… buttressed by @anon28032772. Easy to add more, really tough to remove extra! :wink:

3 Likes
4 Likes

This is called I’m bored as crap and too lazy to come up with real ideas so I threw a whole bunch of stuff together and called it PIED now that is BORED

TOC’S Pied

2.80% Flapper Pie (SC) (WF)
1.00% Golden Butter (CAP)
1.00% Lemon (FE)
4.00% Lucky Shot (OSDIY)
0.50% Sweetness (Flavorah)
2.00% Whipped Cream (TPA)

Flavor total: 11.3%

6 Likes

@Pro_Vapes Do you think these percentages are correct today? Or would you change something?

3 Likes