What Ya Vaping/Mixing Today? (Part V) 2021 - 2022

@SquirrelSmash here’s a mix that is a WIP. I don’t usually do this but since you were nice enough to lurk around my stash I may as well share. I’m shooting for dark, sweet and gooey but need some kind of bite to cut through or else it just remains a sweet globby mess. It’s already been through some changes. I thought of just adding VTA Light Rum.

10 Likes

I hear ya, i try to mix one of mine and one of somebody else’s every other day.

I have so many custard recipes its krazy. These days i am much less likely to mix something more than once although my lemon pound cake has been an adv since i first made it last year. Right now it seems im on a huckleberry and eggnog kick, mmmm.

9 Likes

Maybe you can introduce me to your Lemon Pound Cake because I have problems with lemon flavoring although I love lemon bakery and especially lemon pound cake in RL or lemon poppy seed muffins for example.

8 Likes

Here you go, me lady:

If you dont have MF lemon you can sub whatever strong lemon you like.

There are few cakes i love more than lemon cakes, sooo gud.

11 Likes

Oops, this slipped my mind. I’ll have a ponder tomorrow - it’s my movie time now.

7 Likes

I gotta say, it’s pretty exciting when the King of Custards likes a Nog recipe i wrote! Thanks for the encouragement, Ken_O!

Any tips on how to make it more thick and eggy, if I were to try another version? I think you have the thick/eggy department on lock, given your predilection for Custards.

7 Likes

Its an excellent mix, i already finished the bottle i mixed after i got home. I heated and homogenized, then heated the bubbles out, 100*f and vaped it the next day.

One of my favorite thickening go tos for custard/creams is still Cheesecake LA around .5% but it brings a moderate sweetness. If you have Custard (NF) .25%. I used Eggnog (VSO) in my last mix and dayum, me likey. It isnt as spice heavy as FLV and is nice and creamy, of course i added some Custard VSO just in case. Bavarian Cream LA is another good one but adds a vanilla note.

Personally i would release it as is and thank you for sharing it.

8 Likes

Mixing up some Milk N Honey recipes today (go figure)…
Off the shake this one is delicious, gonna give it a week or 2 steep…

9 Likes

Testing this one tonight:

Ive seen a lot of 3-4% usage for Huckleberry and even at .6% im thinking it is to much. Very realistic Huckleberry with light florals. I may have to back off on the Blueberry as this is a Huckleberry eggnog. So my thoughts are drop the BB by .05% and raise the Eggnog maybe .25-.5%. Really good vape so far.

Going to mix two tonight, first one is by @SquirrelSmash:

And the second is by deb:

Daaayum, dont they look good?

12 Likes

Thank you Ken. I have everything 'cept the MF and the Flapper Pie. This bewitches me because every time I’m shopping flavors I’m wishy-washy about the Flapper Pie. Guess I be wishy-washy no more.

6 Likes

Mostly it is a custard meringue pie with little crust. What lemons do you have? Im nearly out of Lemon (MF), had a 5ml glass bottle for i dont know how long, crazy potent.

Tonight, i mix this tonight, yum.

3 Likes

I haven’t used Black Mile before, though the rest could create goop (Though not as bad as Gwyneth Paltrow’s version). I think keeping the Molasses low, skip the candy, maybe aim at 0.35% for the R&R and I’ll think which of your tobaccos matches the best.

Though the universal bakery or cream tobacco go to will do: Soho (FA).

4 Likes

Not many since I haven’t liked the profile in eliquids:
|
[Lemon Cake (Inawera)]

[Lemon Lime (Cap)]

[Lemon Sicily (Limone Sicilia) (FA)]

[Sour Lemon (VTA)]

4 Likes

You also have Bergamot which can be used at low doses in bakeries. I remembered your stash (A will avoid the silly joke).

5 Likes

Not quite the same flavor but it should work around .2-.3%. I use the MF to reinforce and backup the LMP as raising the LMP will impart the pie crust note.

I suppose it is more of a Lemon Cream Cake.

5 Likes

This tobacco is in the black and mild pipe tobacco family; very satisfying dark tobacco with notes of caramel, dark chocolate and a touch of licorice (very faint).

For an adder tobacco I was also thinking in the nutty department: 555 Gold, Soho, Burley. Or Havana Dry (FE): mellow, earthy, fairly dry, woodsy, light nutty note. Or Sweet Tobacco (PUR): nutty (cashew, walnut, pecan), golden grahams, slightly woodsy.

I suppose a number of those tobaccos would work in a helpful way. I didn’t have the candy in there at first. Since Black Mile has caramel notes I experimented with trying to go big on caramel but that only contributed to what was already there. I needed counterpoint not uniformity.

Thank you for pitching in. Idk whether to chuckle or be insulted that you compared my mix to Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop. How dare you :rofl: !

6 Likes

Yes I wish fizzmustard would release a recipe of that or any of his old line to be honest. They all look super.

5 Likes

I distinguished you from ‘it’. I would never compare a fellow vaper to that Stepford psychic vampire fearing snake oil sales-creature.

7 Likes

@Ken_O_Where
Will you use Aged Bourbon Cream? Do you like the flavors that a whiskey imparts like coconut, caramel, vanilla, cinnamon and brown sugar as in American oak barrel whiskeys? Or the drier European oak imparting say toasted almonds, nutmeg, vanilla and toffee?

I only mention this because I’m surprised I don’t see much of FA Whisky being used. Yes, at first mix the alcohol element is present but after a week or so of steeping it falls away leaving the underlying flavors. But in a more refined way than using an outright almond, nutmeg or vanilla for instance.

6 Likes

You forgot to link to a post @Muth, though for me a cream is a final not to blend: That’s why I i like variants of my main flavours.

Blending is not blending 90% of the time - it’s layering flavours.

2 Likes