Who uses the homogenizer

Dunno if it’s the same with you, but for me, having grown leary of so much BS marketing, I typically value trusted sources opinions higher than promotional materials anymore.
Not saying I had any reservations (AT ALL) related to the video linked by Guitarded…because it was not the typical marketing crap. It’s directed at the professional/scientific communities, and they typically have no need/tolerance for BS. :wink:

But yes, like you, a confirmation from a trusted source is ALWAYS welcome here too! :wink:

4 Likes

And THAT is all she wrote !!!

Agreed…

3 Likes

@Sprkslfly, @SessionDrummer,

Very much appreciate that my brothers. I’m with you all the way. Soooooo tired of marketing BS.

3 Likes

Well, I didn’t mean to appear as if I was DISCOUNTING the earlier vids above, but for me, with my buying dollar, now, I want someone I can relate to, who’s IN my circle of trust, and can tell me what something can do for ME. That carries a shit ton more than flashy, overproduced, fast-cut vids. Less is more.

3 Likes

yes thx @SmilingOgre for the video trusted source is always good.

to be honest I was nervous about buying the homogenizer … $200 was god hope the results are worth the $$$. But someone has to be the crash test dummy… and at least I did look at some of the pricey versions websites and vids they had … granted it was awhile back . also glad we got a lot of useful information out of this thread.

5 Likes

Bkackberry pinacolda on left and snobbery on the right.

5 Likes

Quick update to the video;

I received two extra “watsits” with the homogenizer that I could not identify. I discovered one is a tool to dismantle the generators and the other is a spare pfte bushing for the generator. I’ve yet to find a source for additional bushings but I have a few leads.

6 Likes

The Bullet Blender enables you to homogenize, disrupt, or lyse up to 24 tissue or cell culture samples at a time. Load the samples into standard polypropylene tubes, then place them in the Bullet Blender. I am also using this instead of the homogenizer.
I have always loved the ease of using the Magic Bullet, especially the way you can shake it to keep it going, but was concerned over the plastic being transferred into my food, since I noticed that near the blades, that part of the plastic starts to shear off over time.

3 Likes

I use it. Have not read the read the rest of this post.

3 Likes

Dan (GameChanger) is back on ELR as mrpipes and is selling some power homogenizers he’s had, maintained himself, but hasn’t used for a while, and he’s selling GCs again. He revived the old GameChanger1952 email after remembering, finding or resetting the Password and replied to a request I made after he left here and offered me some of that equipment. I have a small GC now that I purchased from someone who had both and we’re working for him to sell me a large GC. Here’s the thread where he came back…

I’m sure you’ll be as elated as I am to know he’s back, doing well enough to resume his work and selling equipment and GCs again.

5 Likes

I think you can be confident that it’s more than your opinion. I’ll put my 2 cents in and say that homogenizing has been the way to go for me, as well. Money well worth spent, imo.

7 Likes

I have a homogenizer, but I’m not gonna try and shovd it down every ones throat, nice that @mrpipes is ok and back in business :+1: but ppl can make up they’re own minds bout it…

7 Likes

5 Likes

Hes not spamming …He is actually talking about what the thread is about .

Leave the thread if you have issue with another member posting about the Homegenizer .

9 Likes

Won’t mix without it, always use it, it’s an amazing piece of equipment that has shaved off about 4 weeks of steep time with every mix, and I don’t care who doesn’t believe in them lol. I’m glad Dan is well enough to get back in the game (changer :smirk:)

11 Likes

I was skeptical about this homogenizer at first, and I did not want to spend money on something that I was skeptical about. My father-in-law has a small “fitting and turning” shop and I asked him to make me a homogenizer that connects to a Dremel so I could see for myself if it really works. Well, I made 2 new test samples of a mix I made 2 months ago. I homogenize one test sample for approximately a minute, the liquid turned all milky after a while homogenizing it, I put it in an ultrasonic cleaner for also 1 minute. After the homogenizing and ultrasonic treatment, I tested the new samples and compared them with the 2 months cured juice… well, the fresh sample with no treatment tasted like expected… the homogenized sample on the other hand tasted very close to the 2 months cured liquid, the color of the 2 months cured liquid was darker than the 1 minute homogenized sample…I let the homogenized sample cure for a week and my conclusion is that tis homogenizer works definitely to speed up the curing process, but letting the juice cure in a dark place for a short period of time after the homogenizing process, will make the juice taste like the 2 months cured juice. This is a winner for bringing the ripening time from 2 months down to 1 week. This is a great help for testing newly mixed, especially S&V mixes.

6 Likes

I thinks he’s been missing here for a month. I hope to see more Orgrish insights.

4 Likes

I wish I had one, that or a time machine

5 Likes

I’m sure we can bash something together.

4 Likes

Nothing to add. This thread is going along just fine. Most everybody seems to be on top of their game.

3 Likes