Yacht Vape Eclipse 25mm Dual RTA Reviewed by SessionDrummer

Having JUST reviewed Yacht Vape’s Single Coil 24mm Eclipse, I wanted to follow up directly with this one, so I could better compare the two. Because they are similar, it may seem somewhat redundant, if you’ve just finished reading my other review, and I’ll try to showcase the differences between the two.

Yet another colab between Yacht Vape and Mike Vapes. According to Yacht Vape, due to the great success of the 24mm Single Coil Eclipse, and requests for a Dual Coil version, this one was born. Topping in at a whopping ONE mm larger, and somehow squeezing in a second coil, I DID want to see what was what. Let’s get into it !!!

Yachtvape ECLIPSE DUAL 25mm RTA Features:

• Collaboration with MikeVapes
  • 25mm Diameter
  • 6mL Bubble Glass Capacity
  • 4mL Straight Glass Capacity
  • Quarter Turn Top Fill System - 2 Fill Ports
  • Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
  • Stainless Steel Tank Construction
  • Postless Build Deck - 4 Deck Based Terminals
  • Side Secured via Flathead Screws - Hidden
  • Single or Dual Coil Configuration
  • Positive Peek Insulation
  • Dual Slotted Airflow Control Ring
  • 810 Widebore Delrin Drip Tip
  • Threaded 510 Connection
  • Available in Stainless Steel, Matte Black, Gunmetal, Matte Stainless Steel, Gold, and Rainbow

What’s Included:

• 1 Eclipse DUAL RTA
  • 1 User Manual
  • 1 Screwdriver
  • 2 Cotton
  • 1 Spare Bag
  • 1 Coil Lead Guide
  • 2 0.32ohm Fused Clapton Coils
  • 1 Bubble Glass
  • 1 Extra 810 Drip Tip

Dual or Single Coil Options …

The diameter only increased by 1mm from the Single Coil Eclipse …

Same 5 part design …

I liked the almost retro styling of the box …

Same presentation as the previous model …

The extras were slightly different than before, most notably including flat head screws (and driver), 810 only drip tips, AND a MARKED coil cutting guide !!!

Almost identical 5 part breakdown …

Gold plated 510 as before, with a recessed retaining screw …

Identical clean body lines on the top and bottom …

The airflow is where things started to get different. 12 honeycomb ports per side …

As in the previous Eclipse the airflow ring was easily adjustable, and came to a full stop at either end, but now it ranged from fully closed …

To various honeycomed options …

To FULLY opened, which bypassed the honeycomb ports, and also allowed for screw access …

Nice non-blingy appearance as before …

Two different styles of tips …

Super solidly held in place …

Partial turn to release cap as before, and now only two filling ports …

Domed and pancaked as before …

The airflow in the deck was re-tooled using 3 upper round ports, over a oval lower port. They all pulled from the same plenum, and were not seperately fed …

The side view showcased the juice flow ports into the deck …

A closeup of the shared plenum deck airflow ports …

Hehe, repeating here, but I’m glad they marked the coil cutting guide this time …

Cut the included coils down to 8mm and started loading …

With only an increase of 1mm from the previous Eclipse, things did get a little tight trying to manage both coils in the deck, but it wasn’t overly difficult …

After pulsing to remove the hot spots …

The juice wells were fairly wide and deep …

As was the case for me before, I did have to trim down the thickness of the provided shoelace cotton, as it was too tight to reasonably pull through the coils …

Cut the tails JUST enough to hit the bottom of the juice wells. I also raked, and thinned them to prevent packing …

Once correctly raked, and thinned the tails were easy to situate …

Adding some sauce …

Fully sauced, and threads clean …

With the dual gi-normous fill ports, even my Cosmo bottles weren’t an issue. The capacities were increased to 4.0ml (flat glass), and 6.0ml (bubble glass) …

Testing / Usage:

Much like the single coil Eclipse, this one was very well built, gasket-ed, o-ring-ed, etc. While there were no cosmetic issues on this one, there were some defects on the spare screws included. Admittedly it did take a little effort to squeeze in the two 3.0mm I.D. coils into the deck, and as mentioned, the cotton did have to be trimmed down to fit into the coils. The styling, and clean lines were identical to the previous model, and equally appealing to me. No flooding, dry-hitting, or leaking were present on this model either. All in, another solidly designed, and built RTA.

Pros:

• Improved flavor over the single coil version
  • Improved (larger) deck screws
  • Same great styling lines from previous model
  • Quick release top cap
  • Non-descript, stocky appearance
  • Improved airflow options from previous model
  • Single or Dual coil options
  • Increased capacities from previous model

Cons:

• MFG defects in spare screws
  • Increased effort to manage coils due to space limitations
  • Included shoelace cotton needed to be thinned before inserting

Conclusion:

My FIRST thoughts upon testing this was, “OK, now we’re cooking”. As is often the case for me, I noticed a marked improvement in flavor in comparison to the single coil version. I had rated the previous at about an 8.5/10 in flavor production, and this one increased that to about 9.6/10, which is pretty damned good. I honestly did not think it would be as noticeable, but it was. Doesn’t mean the single coil version was bad, just that this one, took it UP a notch.The flavor, and saturation OF flavor were simply improved over the previous model, and I’m glad Yacht Vape and Mike Vapes came up with this one. Increased capacities while maybe not huge, were still an added bonus. The quick release cap will depend on your own likes/dislikes, and I had no issues with it coming off unexpectedly. I was curious how in the hell they slid in a second coil option, while only increasing the deck size 1mm. They did it, BUT, it comes at the cost of some fiddling when you get two coils in, and trying to square them off.

Without repeating redundancies from my previous review, it’s safe to say that if you only had to choose ONE Eclipse, this one will probably be the one. Much improved flavor, more airflow options, and the same clean styling lines as before. This one, turned out to be a short, stocky, flavor chucker !!!

Colors:

As always, thanks for sharing your time, and hopefully this helped showcase some of the differences between this, and the previously reviewed single coil Eclipse.

Bonus:

S.D.

11 Likes