Yihi SXMini SL v.2 Reviewed by SessionDrummer

Thanks out to @David_SXmini for sending this new v.2 SL Class out for review from Yihi SXmini. He also generously shipped out a G Class v.2, and that one is ON deck next. As always, you’ll always get the real deal here, with no BS, no fluff, and no unneeded stuff, just what you need.

YiHi SXmini SL Class V2 Box Mod Features (Detailed):

• Chipset: YiHi SX730
  • Single 18650,20700,21700 device
  • Wattage:5-100W
  • Atomizer Resistance: 0.1ohm - 3.0ohm
  • Screen size: 0.96" ips Color Display
  • Power mode: Wattage mode/Volt mode/Temp mode
  • Flavor mode : Soft, normal,Strong,SXi-EQ1,SXi-EQ2,SXi-EQ3
  • Max Charge:5V/1A, Type-C
  • Output Current: 3.1A-32A
  • Input Current: 1.4A-30A
  • Screen On Current: 45mA
  • Quiescent Current: 10μA
  • Power Down Current: 10μA
  • Output Voltage: 0.7 Volt
  • Output Current: 32A
  • Temperture control mode (dynamic and constant temperture control)
  • Size:89.142.9530.17mm
  • Weight:136G (net weight)
  • Reverse Polarity Protection
  • Output Short Protection
  • Low Resistance Protection
  • Battery Low voltage Protection
  • Battery overcharge protection

What’s Included:

• 1 SL Class V2 Mod
  • 1 User Manual
  • 1 Type-C USB Cable

Coming from a solid foundation in the DNA chipset, and not being as familiar with the Yihi chipsets, I always enjoy the opportunity to get to know them better. Typically I do not use TC mode, but did test it in this review, as well as Wattage, and Voltage Modes. Typically 65w DTL, and 15w MTL.

Who doesn’t love a box from Yihi ?

Factory Sealed …

Just what you need …

The paperwork included a User Manual, and Warranty Card …

Now rather than just gloss over this first surprise, I wanted to highlight it. This was probably one of the BEST, and MOST legible User Manuals I have ever received.

No poster foldouts with teeny tiny text that no one can read. I was going to link to the PDF from Yihi, but the English version wasn’t uploaded yet, so instead, I scanned it for you guys. Only for you guys …

Starting off at the bottom, the threaded battery cap was buttery smooth, much easier to manipulate than the previous v.1 version, along with a battery adapter if you were running smaller than a 21700 battery …

The battery cap was a thing of beauty, and could not be overstated …

As always, whenever I run a single batt mod, I always use a 21700 …

The battery compartment was very roomy, and there was plenty of room for the 21700. I was curious as to why it was soo roomy, but clearly the cap guided it home, snugged it up nicely with NO rattling …

Identical venting to the previous version …

Flipping to the top, there was a nicely polished 27mm top plate with a firm spring loaded 510 connection …

Yihi really cleaned up, and improved the aesthetics of this v.2 with much cleaner, less chunky lines, and some shadow badging …

The more curved design, felt really good in the hand …

Returning were the tried and true fire and joystick buttons, and a 0.96" IPS display. The display was no longer recessed, and appeared brighter and with improved color. The joystick also appeared to be recessed a bit more comparatively, and was actually an improvement over the v.1’s.

Quick Operations:

Turn On – 5 clicks
Lock/Unlock – 3 clicks
Main Menu – 5 clicks (when powered on), or hold joystick to the right for 3 seconds
Curves Menu – Tap joystick down
Return to Operation Screen – Tap fire button
Shutdown – 5 clicks, and choose shutdown/confirm

The Main Menu, and Nav System were cleanly laid out, and easy to use. This included Shutdown, Mode, Puff Counter, Tweaks, Stats, Temp Units, and Screen Timeout …

I spent the majority of the test in Wattage Mode, which is the default mode on startup. There is a LOT of information on the main usage screen, but nothing you don’t need. Battery bar graph, Curve Selection, Battery Percentage, Puff Counter, Power Mode, Resistance, Curve Graph, Voltage, and Current …

In Volts or Watt mode, you can choose Soft – Ramps up from 75%-100% power, Neutral – 100% Power, and Strong – Ramps down from 125%-100% Power.

There are also 3 User Configurable Curves. There are 20 bars (0.5 sec. each), adjustable between 0 and 150% Power …

Voltage Mode …

The Basics of TC. From the Main Menu change to TC, and choose the coil type …

Choose Temp Modulation, Dynamic – Slight temp variations, Constant – Strict Temp …

You then have to Read (or RE-Read) your coil resistance, and Lock it in …

Then you are ready to roll. Once in TC Mode, you can tap the joystick button twice, and choose between: Cold, Cool, Normal, Warm, and Hot presets. These are also further adjustable if you want …

Testing/Usage:

Because I own a v.1 SL Class I was able to compare / contrast the two, and I think this one was much improved over the older version. I liked the smoother, more refined look and feel of this version, along with the curved accents. This not only made the mod look better, but actually feel better in the hand. The fit and finish were first rate, and all of the threads were smooth, and provided a snug fit. Both the fire button and joystick worked flawlessly, with just enough tactile click so you could tell, but not hard to push, or loud. No rattles of any kind, and it just felt like a high end mod in the hand. With the improved screen and flush mounting the visuals were also improved from the previous version. Despite NOT being a huge TC’er, I actually had no issues figuring out, and setting up some SS coils, and it performed great, using the default curves. In wattage mode (my preferred mode), it worked perfectly, with fairly fast firing, and the Boost Modes (Flavor Modes) did make a difference, with my preference being Strong. I had no issues whatsoever during the test, and I was LOOKING for them, including any fluctuating battery levels, or resistances, but there weren’t any to be had.

When in wattage mode, I ran typically around 65 watts for DTL, and 20 watts for MTL, Overall it seemed to be pretty easy on the batts, and also pretty efficient with more run time that I had been used to, or expected. Hard to find faults with this one, and about the only two things I could nit-pick would be the slightly tighter threads on the 510 connection, and a little added effort in removing the battery cap, but even those, were nit picks at best. All in, a REAL improvement, and upgrade to the SL Class v.1.

Pros:

• Classy looking
  • Fit and Finish
  • Bright and colorful display
  • Efficient battery use
  • Easy to use/learn nav system
  • Feels good in the hand
  • PC and Android Apps (not tested in this review)
  • Great Flavor !!! ---- Just kidding …

Cons:

• Extra effort to remove battery cap, due to slimmed down aesthetic styling
  • Slightly tighter threads on 510 connection
  • No Round Robin Power Adjustments
  • No 5 clicks Power Off

Conclusion:

I don’t know about you guys, but whenever I see or hear of an “Upgrade”, or “New and Improved” I am fairly skeptical, and always debate if it is worth upgrading or not, whether or not it’s REALLY an improvement. Well this one I can safely say IS. It’s not that the SL Class v.1 was bad, but let’s just say, this one IS better, and noticeably so, from the feel in the hand, to the display, to the overall design aesthetic. It felt and looked more “high end” IMO. I didn’t get around to testing this one using the SXi-Q Software or Android App, but if I have any issues later, I’ll update this review. Modern, and clean looks, USB-C charging, and PLENTY of adjustable settings should keep most everyone happy with this one. Sure, sure, it’s a one-batt mod, but a damned fine one at that. Thanks again out to @David_SXmini from Yihi SXmini for sending both this, and also the G Class v.2 out for review.

Colors:
Mystic Grey, Holy Silver, Gunmetal Tang, Fire Red, Copper Brown, Black Tang, Black Silver (Reviewed)

Linkage:

SXi-Q PC/Mac Software:

SXi-Q Android Mobile App:

Yihi SXMini Team:

As always, if you’ve actually made it ALL the way down here, I salute you !!!
Thanks for giving up some of your valuable time, and checking out this review.

Bonus:

S.D.

17 Likes

Great review @SessionDrummer :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks very much @Rocky02852, I appreciate it brother.

4 Likes

A well done review, i now know more about this mod than the ones im using right now.

5 Likes

Wow, thanks a lot @Ken_O_Where. I’ve been chatting a bit with David from SXmini, and he’s put a LOT of work into the re-designs, and clearly knows their products inside and out. In a conversation about TC, he said a lot of the feedback they got (in general) was that people didn’t want to use TC mode because it was too hard, frustrating, or complicated, so they worked on that. I’m ONE of those people, so I can get that. “It’s easy as one-two-three” !!! Well, pretty much, hehe, they DID make it fairly hassle free.

What’s fairly interesting is …

• Quiescent Current: 10μA
  • Power Down Current: 10μA

Wow. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You were busy on this one. Thanks for your time on it. I for one really never cared for the single battery mods only because having to carry extra batteries, yes. I do have a few. (Still new) but the looks on them are looking better

6 Likes

Thank you @Fordf150_Angelo.

Very much agreed.

6 Likes

Well done brother! :clap: very detailed, in-depth review.:pray:

5 Likes

Thank you very much @HouseofPain. Stay tuned the G Class v.2, which is on deck. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hey @SessionDrummer I know this is a relatively old review, but did you use the mod long term? How does it last in real life usage (finish, usability and battery life) I am thinking of getting one but not sure as they are a bit more expensive here. It has similar software to the DNA one yes? Cheers.

3 Likes

The fit and finish of the SL v.2 has/have been great. I still use it sometimes daily, and many times run it (like I’m doing now with the FLAVRZ flavors), and it doesn’t quit …

The software is comparable to DNA, and typically, now that I’m done testing, I just set it and forget it in wattage mode. Battery life is above average, and I always run a 21700 in it.

4 Likes

Thanks mate, still not 100% sure if I will get one but now I know the option is there. I am downsizing my Vape Gear (and our possessions in general) due to upcoming unforeseen accommodation issues so am trying to set myself up with good 21700 mods for my Berserkers. I have another “normal” black Thelema Solo on order (that will make 4 - 2 x black, 2 x SS) and found a Thelema Solo DNA100 which I bought last night. Will wait and see if that is enough for the moment… :man_shrugging: :smiley:

2 Likes

My colour choices are…

Mystic Grey
Copper Brown
Holy Silver
Fire Red

I think Holy Silver may be the go…

2 Likes

Bought Holy Silver one and now there will be nothing else for a fair while.

3 Likes

Yet another @SessionDrummer “made me do it” thing. Currently rocking two of these mods now as they are a great size, take 21700’s, are quite efficient with the battery use and look nice too.

I have not set them up through the PC software as yet, but in wattage mode they work really well. My only con with them so far, and it is a minor one for me, is if you put them on a slanted surface at all they want to fall over as they basically just sit on the battery cap. Apart from that, quite a good little single battery mod…

5 Likes

Great looking pair you’ve got there @Ianc13. Glad they are working out for ya. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@SessionDrummer @Ianc13 arghhh! Now I have to have one or two! Thanks a lot guys! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::triumph:

4 Likes

They look great @Ianc13! I also find many single battery mods tippy, even on a perfectly horizontal surface. How do you find working with that rollerball/joystick?

You really should check for firmware updates.

3 Likes

I have not had any issues with the joystick @big_vape and use it to play with wattage and curves a bit.

All my mods are single battery but these are the only ones that tip easily for me. :man_shrugging:

Yes, I really should I guess, will put that on tomorrows list of chores… :smiley:

4 Likes

Talk about timing @Ianc13 . I just came across this post you ought to read. Apparently no firmware upgrades and TC … well just go read.

3 Likes