Best DIY E-liquid Recipe of the Year 2016

You failed to mention that on occasion you will go for a weenie.

8 Likes

I mean a chipolata is nice but occasionally only a foot long will hit the spot you knowā€¦:kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Keep up the good work, Wayne :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been thinking about doing a competition mode - thatā€™s a fun thing :smiley:

13 Likes

What would you guys think about doing something like this at ELR. ā€œBestā€ is truly subjective at best. I donā€™t make decisions based on ratings (hearts) here on ELR, but sometimes sort the list by that. We could run polls, etc. Nothingā€™s perfect, but it might bring more people into the fold, stir some competition, and encourage people mixing the highlighted recipies ??

4 Likes

Thanks Wayne. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love criticism thatā€™s constructive and honest. All too often Iā€™m met with mixers from other communities who donā€™t associate with anyone outside of their bubbles, speaking down on what I do just for the sake of it. So when I see comments like yours theyā€™re much appreciated. The reason I didnā€™t advertise too much is because Iā€™ve tried before and was met with disdain and disapproval. So the only places I really advertise anything is on my own channel or website.

8 Likes

You as well Lars. I think a ā€œcompā€ mode is such a great idea, though weā€™ve found it comes with its own set of problems (mixers are a testy group). Overall though, I think a respectful amount of competition and sportsmanship goes a long way in a creative field.

11 Likes

I understand what you mean. Some mixers stay in their bubble because gaining acceptance in some of these other forums is nearly impossible. Too many rules and boundaries that limit personal growth. A lot of vapers/mixers stick to where they started and defend them like soldiers. The vaping community is a fickled bunch. Sometimes you just have to get in where you fit in.

9 Likes

Thank you for posting this video!

1 Like

I have watched a lot if DiyorDie videos. There are some things you can learn about a person by watching and listening. There are several things about Wayne that canā€™t be denied. One, it is obvious that he loves the community, his girl, and his dog. To me he is an educated young man that still has that thirst for knowledge. I would say, he is humble and gracious and has some business acumen. All in all a pretty likable fellow.

• Of course he is going to promote his channel, why wouldnā€™t he? He is an ELR brother, the people that take advantage of his knowledge are our DIY brothers and sisters
  • Okā€¦ nowā€¦ Yes, yes a good old fashioned cook off would be pretty cool. A vape off? I donā€™t know
3 Likes

Interesting concept for a mixing comp (except for the judges who will run out of ingredients trying to test them allā€¦).
I havenā€™t watched the video in question (yet), although I have watched a number of Wayneā€™s videos and am a subscriber of his channel.
What I wished to comment about is a remark concerning that restrictions were placed upon the competition he had. If a specific vendor company was sponsoring the event, I can totally see why the event was limited to flavors that that vendor sold. Also, I could see how specific rules could be laid outā€¦ say, no more than 6 ingredientsā€¦ or 10ā€¦ or not less that 3. Whatever. It would be like someone on here making up a poll and then getting pounced upon for only having 6 options or not including something that someone might have wished to see on the poll.
All in all I think itā€™s pretty silly and some people just have too much time on their hands. I like the Griffin (25mm) tank and if I started raving about the best tank ever madeā€¦ or Smok is the best companyā€¦ etc I would at least hope I wouldnā€™t get slammed for not including where I purchased it at, or what coil I was using.
What I think Iā€™m trying to state is:
Why wasnā€™t the post surrounding how @Wayne_Walker held a successful mixing competitionā€¦ how he had some fun and those that played in the event had a good time (at least I hope they did)ā€¦? Scary how someone tried to have fun and there is always someone else trying to fault them for it.
It just makes others afraid to open up and chat about anything in fear of some anonymous voice to start yelling from the sidelines.

9 Likes

In the video, there is mention of community impact about the chosen recipes. Most of which I never heard of. So I went looking for where that community is but I donā€™t see one. You have a link?

2 Likes

I got my flavors in today so I can make the no.1 recipe from DoD 2016. Iā€™ve been dying for a good Fruity Pebbles type mix. I will be making this mix to the letter. Hopefully this will be the oneā€¦

Pebbles by NotCharlesManson

Ingredient%
Black Cherry (FA)0.75
Blood Orange (FW)1.5
Cream Cheese Icing (LA)1
Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA)3
Hazelnut (FW)0.5
Lemon Lime (CAP)2
Meringue (FA)2
Sugar Cookie (CAP)4
Toasted Marshmallow (TPA)1
Vienna Cream (FA)1.25

Flavor total: 17%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Notes from NotCMā€¦

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/4c2se0/recipe_pebbles_my_white_whale/

4 Likes

please let me know im very interested , i have the breakfast sampler from RF SC in my cart which has the trix and fruity pebbles flaves im hoping to make a SC cereal

1 Like

Okay, this recipe is posted as a SnV so I will post my thoughts as a SnV. For me this is more of a Citrus vape, than a cereal vape at this point. Itā€™s definitely tasty with the orange on top and tasting very pleasant. Iā€™m not getting any harsh notes from this mix. I was concerned about the 3% GC Clear Tpa maybe being harsh, but itā€™s being masked by the citrus note. As for the cream notes, Iā€™m not getting much if any creamy feel. The crunch or cookie type nots are also very faint right now. Hopefully these notes will increase as it steeps. As these are notes from a SnV point, this might steep into something beautiful. Iā€™ll find out in time. If I had to rate this as a cereal vape right now Iā€™d give it a 6/10, but as a citrus vape 8.5/10. Overall Iā€™d say good job NCM.

Edit: I mislabeled my bottle with yesterdays date this was made today 3-3-17. I vaped this about 20 min. after making it.

7 Likes

how do you make your labels ???

2 Likes

After asking about label makers, I followed @Ken_O_Where and purchased this label maker. It has performed flawlessly and Iā€™m very happy with it.

3 Likes

I havent had any issues with mine either, very simple and straight forward software.

1 Like

damn thats as easy as 123 , and cheap i didnt know they were so compact either i always thought you had to use a computer thank you very much spending freeze has officially ended today

2 Likes

I tried that Mango alot of different ways with no success. Yucky!

2 Likes