Medicine Flower Recommendations

Yeah! It adds kind of a thick cocoa butter feeling and taste when I’ve used it with creams. I haven’t done a ton with it, but I’ve used it right around .75-1% or so with good results.

5 Likes

MMM Butter go figure :wink: Thanks!

3 Likes

tip: after adding a small volume to the scale if it does not register blow lightly on the scale, the pressure of your breath will cause the weight reading to go up then back down to the weight of the small volume you have added.

tip: be sure you are mixing in a still environment with no fans blowing for the most accurate weight measurements.

remember though no measurement is exact, be happy, know the approximate weight of a drop and get close, a small error wont ruin the mix but just make it unique.

12 Likes

Does anyone have a solid % range on Black Currant and Mandarin MF?

I just ordered these from ECX and have spent over an hour searching and reading. Lots of thumbs up for Mandarin, but no real personal recommendations as far as I can find.

Thanks!

Edit: @jay210 I did see your notes on the flavor pages for these. Thank you! It’s noted that you were testing on 1.5-1.8ohm, though, so I’m not sure how that translates on RDA/RTA at .25 and .15ohms at 65 watts. I’ll be sure to add to the notes!

5 Likes

oddly enough, I’ve found that % guidelines posted by other mixers , using kit similar to yours ,generally work best for me as well! I’m thinking that probably the really crucial factor is coil temperature, which is usually unknown; however , I do know that the pre-built coils that I most often use are notorious for getting really hot…, as well as renowned for flavour.

well, whatever the reason, i honestly find no significant difference betwen my preferred percentages and those of various other folk . * shrugs*

:+1::grinning:

3 Likes

Is that because you like a little less flavor or because they’re upsteepers and you keep your juices longer?

5 Likes

I love a flavorful mix… It’s like I’m still learning some these extracts and I probably misjudged some of these from the start.

One example is the Banana MF. I always thought of it to be on the weaker side and mixed it at 1%+, but I find it shows up very well @ around .4% as a mixer.

Another example is the Watermelon. I started @ 1% and I’m now down to around .3% and it really tastes better IMO… less rind-y.

8 Likes

Heh. I hear you! I went the other way, started really low, enjoyed it really low, then pushed up the % and put myself right off watermelon! Now I know what the rind tastes like, I’ve gotta try to forget that before I use the stuff again! :laughing:

I’ve bought Cantaloupe (MF) now. Errrrr…anybody know if you get a rindy taste with that one as well? And what % it kicks in at? I’m kinda nervous to try it.

4 Likes

The cantalope may be a really really low, like almost lemon low. Whenever ive mixed it with other mf it totally took over. This was when i first started so i dont have any data, sorry. So i would start out at a drop or two and work your way up

I could be wrong since this was when i had zero experience though

5 Likes

Ah, you mean Vapor Depot. I had a word with them about the recommended % , and here’s the answer I got:

I’m putting any newsthat comes my way about these concentrates in my MF Suppliers thread nowadays. That news came in pretty recently (which explains why I didn’t answer at the time)

Dunno about Acacia, but the Wildflower Honey is available in the Botanic Elixir range. Personally, I’ve been using it at 2-3% . Haven’t tried it at 1% , but I’m guessing it would be detectable,

2 Likes

I LOVE LOVE honey, i buy it from all over the country where ever and when ever we travel. Do not buy that stuff, at 1 drop/30ml it was like having a fist full of flowers crammed up your nose and in your mouth, and not the nice smelling kind of flowers either. 1 drop in a 16.9oz bottle of water was enough to make me dump it out. I dont mind some florals in honey, which is odd because i mostly hate floral vapes, and i love Honey Bee (FLV) which many say they very much dislike. So when i describe what vaping Acacia Honey MF was like you might understand what i mean a little better.

Just typing about it brings it back and i can taste the awful, in my mouth, right now. Even that horrible coating feeling, bleh.

5 Likes

@Pro_Vapes, @woftam, @jay210, @fidalgo_vapes, @MorganHeff, @Ken_O_Where and all the others using Medicine Flower.
I just spent the last 40 minutes reading this entire thread! Great info here to say the least. I have zero experience with this brand but am wanting to try them. I have 4 flavorings currently on my shopping list that came from a few recipes i am wanting to try. Since I am going to order these 4, I would love to have some recommendations of your favorites so that I can bite the bullet and get a well rounded supply of favorites all at one time! Appreciate your recommendations!
So far this is my list:
Caramel (MF)
Lemon (MF)
Vanilla (MF)
Wild Raspberry (MF)

7 Likes

I’m on board with the MF idea too… @Sprkslfly speaks so highly of the Butterscotch that I got it. Should be in the mailbox today. And @Pro_Vapes recently published a (I think) 4 flavor all MF recipe that hits just 1.68%, which I am very interested in as well. I totally get the lower % mixes as I’ve seen that in some of my non-MF flavors already, so I’m following this thread too.

5 Likes

Other popular ones are

Orange
Butterscotch
dark chocolate

i do like their honeydew and banana … watermelon was good for a watermelon but im not a wtermelon fan ( for vaping ) oh ya grape it is another winner

you could also order the ones you listed and ask for samples with your order

6 Likes

My top 4 must haves are butterscotch, dark chocolate, watermelon, banana (absolutely amazing).

7 Likes

Orange is another enigma for me; haven’t found one that wasn’t either too harsh or too rind-y. Describe this one please…

5 Likes

I have not yet used it , i only list it bc its a popular one that @Chrispdx uses and recommends ,the other one i havent used is the butterscotch but its been praised by others as well

4 Likes

Mint is another good one. Very realistic. The kind of mint you would add to your Iced Tea or Mojito. Not candyish at all.

4 Likes

Personally, you can skip caramel. IMO there’s much better alternatives (and far cheaper) for that particular profile.

What I think are absolutely irreplaceable (from experience) and uniquely MF, are:
Butterscotch
Lemon

I feel the same about their dark chocolate, but I have not been blessed enough to verify this personally YET.

I’ve been testing both the MF Raspberry and Wild Raspberry for about two weeks now, and so far the Wild Raspberry has the edge. But both are up against several other raspberry brands/flavors, and I haven’t confirmed whether they’re worth the price difference. (Raspberry has been another one of “those flavors” [like coffee or chocolate] in that, it’s hard to find someone who gets the profile right. At least, IME, and IMO)

Orange seemed really good, but it’s exceedingly strong! Like 1 or two drops per 30ml.
So I have to revisit it.

7 Likes

great to make another convert! :grinning:

I’m with everybody else in adding Dark Chocolate to the list! That one is phenomenally good! As are the Lemon and Vanilla.
But rather than adding to my list of recommendations, let’s direct you a couple of other useful MF threads:

wherever you buy these, do

You might not get the flavour you want, cos it depends on what’s in stock, but both MF and Good Earth Beauty will give you samples of you ask, and probably other places will too , given that MF do send out free sample sizes to their resellers .

You could also try out some of the flavours in a diluted form (Botanic Elixir), which would be cheaper if you’re unsure. I very much recommend getting the Mint and the Honey in this form, cos they’re strong. Further info can be found n the threads listed above.

4 Likes