AliExpress?

I’m reading this a bit differently. It seems that the seller is asking for your understanding so that there isn’t money being lost by everyone…he maintains that the corresponding sku code was wrong so he selected the items requested in good faith and it kind of wasn’t his fault that they were the wrong colour.

I think from the rules also the return would be at your cost so he is suggesting that the best thing to do is to put up with it rather than lose money. Possibly you could have asked him to refund you a % of the original cost for the inconvenience.

5 Likes

Did not want to go this deep but all the options are not acceptable.
“Thank you for contacting AliExpress.
Please kindly understand that our mediation is on the basis that you provided enough evidence for your claim. If you failed to provide sufficient valid evidence eventually, AliExpress Case Management Team could not consider your claim as requested.
Regarding your dispute about the order<66439513995787>, Aliexpress can provide you two following options, and we kindly invite you to choose one of them:
Option 1) 20% refund without returning goods. (We checked the information and supportive evidence you provided for this dispute, your claim about color problem is accepted. According to the problem of the order, we can provide you this partial refund option. If you would like to get a full refund, we suggest you to choose option 2.)
Option 2) Return the goods for a full refund.
a). Return shipping cost: Please kindly note that if there is no agreement that seller pay the returning shipping fee, according to the return policy that seller set for this order, buyer may need to pay for the returning freight; thus a partial refund as compensation would be a better choice if you would like to keep the product that still has certain value.
b). Return Address: If you choose this way, we will ask seller to provide the returning address. Please be aware that the returning address must be confirmed or provided by seller. If you send it to a wrong place, you will be responsible for the loss.
Please let us know your choice or other remarks within 3 calendar days. If you fail to choose or reach an agreement with seller before the deadline, we will close this dispute directly according to the option 1. If the seller provides valid counter evidence as response, we might update options you could choose.
Note: If you have already settled the dispute with seller, please kindly give a response in the complaint center so that we can be informed and follow this dispute based on the settlement.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and great cooperation.
Best regards,
AliExpress Case Management Team”

5 Likes

So. The vendor seems the wrong color, and the host site (AliExpress) is cool with that? (I’m ignoring the 'but we’ll get you 20% back" bullshit)

Did the vendor’s ad say anything about “items subject to availability”, or “may be substituted at seller’s discretion”, or anything similar?

Just trying to make sure I’m following correctly…

4 Likes

Obviously I meant sends.

4 Likes

No aliexpress isn’t ‘cool with it’ it is just being logical. The original seller probably had a buyer pays return in event of dispute rule on a purchase like this.

So the mistake here is with the buyer who didn’t read the purchase conditions correctly. Plus the accidental sending of the wrong colour because the boxes were mis labeled in the stock of seller.

Alie express doesn’t allow for a resend other things/different colour product in a purchase like this so a full refund and a repurchase is necessary to sort the issue out. This could have been done but IMO the better solution was as suggested as the partial refund could have funded a second purchase whilst retaining fully functional original products all be it with the wrong colour.

I hope that makes sense…I certainly don’t see that that makes ali express untrust worthy or not worth dealing with :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Please don’t make assumptions.

I was asking the OP for clarification of the facts. In the hopes that no one jumps to a conclusion.

Quite the assumption. Even if it is often the case, part of the point here is (as mentioned above) that such details are important.

What I’m most interested in is whether or not the failure in resolution was on the part of the vendor, or host site, or purchaser.

If I purchased something from Amazon (both a vendor, and a host site (depending on the purchase)… It would not matter who made the error*. It would be refunded, or the vendor would be forced to send the correct product. This includes the correct color if the user was allowed to specify, as long as there was statement about the vendor having the option to substitute as necessary for availability clearly listed in the ad.

In the USA, anything that is sent to an individual is considered a gift, if it is not specifically ordered.

The onus is on the entity soliciting the product, to provide the CORRECT product and that includes color. In the case of the host facilitating the transaction, their obligation is to enforce adherence to the policies in place.

IMO, we still don’t have enough details to know who to ‘blame’. So you have no need to defend the host or the vendor. Much less ASSUME that the user was at fault.

5 Likes

corrected for the omitted word… (in bold and caps)

4 Likes

Heey…definitely not making assumptions here but I was definitely covering all the different elements that could have lead to the situation.

Sometimes in these kind of situations some human kindness and understanding is needed (not necessarily this case though as it isn’t necessary to read the facts stated as assumptions)

I don’t think that comparing ali express to Amazon in terms of what is going to be done is pertinent either because well they’re two completely different companies.

I’m not trying to attack anyone here at all :slight_smile: I merely wanted to point out with the facts that were available that the outcomes/suggestions in this case were fair and proper according to the rules which are freely available for all to read. If you read the original process the fault is either with the buyer, seller or both as I stated. It certainly shouldn’t be seen as an attack on anyone :slight_smile:

Maybe are expectations are too high/unrealistic to do business globally with a completely different culture :slight_smile:

5 Likes

For anyone following, my package arrived in Miami on the 19th and is due for delivery on the 21st. It shipped on the 9th from China… so it looks like it might be just shy of 2 weeks shipping time + a 20 day pre-order wait time.

11 Likes

Thanks for this update PV! Happy to hear you will be getting it soon! That’s not bad on shipping time, or pre-order wait time…I think I might just do the same!

4 Likes

If the mod checks out, I’m ordering 2 more myself while the price is low.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-300W-Lost-Vape-Triade-DNA250C-TC-Box-MOD-w-DNA-250C-Chipset-Max-300W-No/32901032799.html

8 Likes

Yes, absolutely! From all I have read about the Triade DNA250C, it is well worth the price that is advertised at most places, from $150 to $170, give or take some, which is why for $107, it is too hard to pass up. Which color configuration did you order?

3 Likes

I ordered the black and red. I already have 2 DNA250Cs… The Triade and Paranormal. So this recent order will give me a total of 3. They are hands down the best mods I own.

6 Likes

That’s what I hear! I have been following this thread:

And I have been wanting one ever since! I have never owned a DNA mod, but I am tired of mediocre mods that do okay, but don’t last that long. However, being a full-time college student for the last 5+ years, and still a full-time student now, with three kids, it is hard to afford the mod I want. That is why when you made this thread and mentioned how you found the Triade DNA250C for such a great price, I said to myself “Thank you Pro_Vapes, you sir are a freakin’ saint!” because you found the deal that I need, and you became the guinea pig for me, because I never would have ordered this not knowing anything about AE, because $107 is just too much for me to risk! Now I just gotta wait for you to get your order to make sure its all legit! Lol!

But for real, thanks for letting me (and the rest of ELR) follow your buying experience with AE!

4 Likes

see beneath
how to delete a post?

2 Likes

sry formatting of my prior post led to a chaos

Q is:
is it SIGNIFICANTLY different

2 Likes

I’ll be sure to give my thoughts as well I ordered the black n red kevlar triade 250c from heavens gifts and I’m using a drag1 ATM. Should be in my hands in about a week

3 Likes

Damn you! It’s all your fault I just got a squonk set up.

6 Likes

I got my mod today and it’s original… 28 total days from order to my mailbox… including pre-order wait time. I’ll set it up and try it later tonight.

19 Likes

I be looking for them!

3 Likes