Best and Worst Mods and Why

@authormichellehughes, love that the port is at the bottom. looks like a stable unit to sit on a table. do they make them anymore? you use RTA’s right? do you use any of the store bought coil units? Who makes Supertank? can you still get them? If so, what kind of store bought coils do they use?

2 Likes

@authormichellehughes, the SMOK tank is to glitzy for me. Is it a SMOK tank? I’m hearing a lot of bad stuff about them.

2 Likes

sorry if I;m tagging people wrong. just say, “fucking noob!” lmao

2 Likes

Doug - it is super hard to follow your questions since they sort of pop up in random spots but never mind.
The coils start leaking once the cotton gets old generally means time for a coil change

5 Likes

@JAWS1 I have that same tank except mine is a falcon II. No clue what the difference is. I had the falcon I in the same color too

2 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Doug Has Questions

@Caped_Conspirathist this decade haha as in since the start of this year :joy:

3 Likes

I’ve been using an eleaf ikon since they came out. Since they quit making the amitt 25 I’m still in search of a new tank.

4 Likes

@JAWS1 oopssie??? lmao

2 Likes

I have a wismec luxotic 200w squonker while being awesomely cool and completely unbreakable I just don’t like carrying it around. Cue the teslacigs 80w regulated tube. Why do I like it? Because it’s damn sexy… Also it’s regulated that I love. I vape at about 65w which on my combo (vapefly brunhilde) gives me tonnes of flavor and a nice pleasant cloud to sit in. Even with my luxotic I rarely passed 70w anyway. The downside? Yep battery life especially as I’m running 2 bad boy coils on an 86w tube mod. Look it has other modes that last longer but I love it so much changing a battery 3 times a day is no worry for me.

2 Likes

Hey Doug :slight_smile: No it’s Tobeco and they are getting harder to find. They do make an RTA Supertank Tobeco but I am just learning how to put the pre-built coils in so I don’t know if the RTA from this is as good as the tried and true Sub Ohm tank https://www.elementvape.com/tobeco-super-sub-ohm-tank this is the one I still use.

3 Likes

Part of it is my vaping style has changed, going from mods to squonking. It’s my preferred style. Also, like so many of us here, once I find something I really like I tend to get a couple more. I know that all regulated mods will give out eventually. I’ve been lucky as in over 3 years now, I’ve only broken one mod. I dove headfirst into the rabbit hole. I’ve stopped descending at this point, but I sure have collected a lot of stuff over the past three years.

7 Likes

@woftam, I thought I thanked you for the cotton information? if not, TYSVM!!! all of this really helps! and it’s giving me tons of modification ideas to make better tanks! just simple add-ons to existing tanks. things that will make them semi-top airflow tanks and other ideas too! If I do make alterations, I’d post how-to’s for free or make 'em for people in the forum! Free too. I’m an excellent McGuyver. I can usually impress people. That damn engineering degree might pay off after all!!! Imagine that?!?!? :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

6 Likes

I love my SMOK X-priv! My first one with the Vaporesso NRG 5ml tank. Vapes very cool air, nice on my throat.
I don’t like my SMOK X-priv 2 deluxe, why is ghosting on me, sometimes when you look at the screen it flips to the menu and back, a couple off times. Then I try to sut it off and it won’t, I have to take the batteries out. I’m so affraid it will quite on me soon and I only have the thing for about 3 mounts or so.

6 Likes

My worst mod is the Aegis Legend. Waterproof??? Mine’s sitting on the counter from getting soaked inside just because I tried to wash it ultra quick. I have had to take it apart an I know how to add gasket sealant. That damn software update port… It’s never been waterproof. It’s where any liquid can get into. I’m about ready to take it apart and caulk all the way around it on the inside. Even if it means getting caulk of the circuit board!

It wasn’t a cheap mod either. It’s still more expensive in places than my Valyrian II.

I didn’t like the Wisemec Active but it wasn’t all that bad. This Aegis is driving me nuts!!!

4 Likes

Thanks Doug that’s made my mind up on the Aegis :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Englishguy the only thing stopping liquids getting into the software update port is a rubber plug. I’ve had to take mine apart regularly. The port for software updates will also charge your batteries. The micro USB jack has absolutely no waterproofing sealant around it inside. It’s ridiculous!!!

I owned mine for a week before the tank leaked and juice got into it. the front buttons have no rubberized seal around them either. buttons can be made with filament seals (nitrle glove rubber glued to the button and frame). That way the buttons flex and you’d never notice it. I can hold mine under water for as long as my Vilyrain II and they’ll last as long as each other for waterproofing.

Sad isn’t it? I have to modify my mod to make it waterproof? :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

@Englishguy

It’s been sitting there like that all night. Water literally POURED out of it!!!
The batteries were drenched!!!

2 Likes

And everybody always says it’s recommended to use an external charger because you will wear out any plugs and the port itself. Not only that, but you have to rely on the charging settings from the mod that are non-adjustable unlike on a decent external charger (so you might even damage your batteries too). A mod doesn’t have any temperature sensors for the batteries so it could even become quite dangerous. ONLY use that port for charging in emergencies.
If you’re going to keep charging your batteries with your mod, you will get problems with other mods as well. This is user error, not a problem with the mod.

If you’re having issues with your mod, and that happens even with the best and most expensive brands, you should take it in for warranty - repair or replacement. The Aegis Legend is a good mod that will last most people for years.

=> This device is not meant to be taken apart because you will destroy the mod or at least not make it waterproof anymore should you be able to put it back together.

11 Likes

I can make it waterproof. I have better gasket material than what was used in the unit when it was built. I need to get something to seal off the port area. It’s wide open around the port itself. I cant believe they left it open like that! I mean you can pour water straight through the device!I have to get that sealed up. Once I do that, there won’t be this nightmare issue anymore.

2 Likes