Buyers Beware

Is there a complete list of all the vendors listed in this thread for easy viewing? That way I dont have to read every single comment on here. Not lasy,just that there is alot of comments to go thru & I think it might be important to keep an up-to-date list in a single comment or thread with maybe a very brief (as in a few words) to what their issues are (aka bad customer service, lies, doesnt follow thru with policies,etc) & keep it pinned somewhere (possibly) so we can access it easily when we want to check out a vendor we may have never dealt with or heard before.

Just a thought. :blush: If there is such a thing,can someone please show me where its at?

7 Likes

helloo_ do i recognize the picture?

Yes, I found a thread here, someone looking for focal and someone said theyre hotecig now.

I found focal while looking for sold out drippers.

I emailed several of their addresses and even email hotecig about the sitaution but no answer. paypal said theyre giving them ten days to resolve the situation or they’ll reverse the payment (thankfully). i got really worried about the whole thing, not being that comfortable with the whole online thing in the first place.

the starnge thing is the order status on my account changed to cancelled= reversed by paypal then changed to shipped. idk what’s going on. but i’ll give it till next week and check back in with paypal if i don’t receive anything_ the order i made is from a european warehouse so it shouldn’t need much time as it’s not intercontinental.

i guess i’d understand a shutdown shop not having the personnel to fix the site and prevent autoprocessing_ but theyre up and running with a new domain and just left the first running that’s just annoying.

there’s a 24hourshipping label on the thing i made too, so even if they deliver it’s not exactly an honest contract. i only ordered this as my order from the states was stuck in international shipping limbo, i might not have ordered if it didn’t say quick shipping…

ah well, live n learn

4 Likes

Got this on a scan for Sourcemore after finding something I wanted to purchase:

Similar message for Vapesourcing:

5 Likes

@100_VG Can you make sense out of this scan? You’re a computer geek. Silhouette, Idk what to say about this. I’ve been ordering from them without issue (to my knowledge). How did this scan come about? Did you initiate it? I have several items in my wishlist and now I’m concerned. I can’t remember, is Paypal or credit card used?

2 Likes

I’m not clear on what the issue is. You placed an order that never shipped? FWIW, I never ordered since they’ve become hotcig.

2 Likes

My husband found a mod he wanted the other night, so because I hadn’t ordered from them before (or Vapesourcing which also had the mod) I decided to run a scan, which I normally only do to see if their site is up to date. @muth I’m just putting it out there, I can’t tell if it is actually compromised or not, the results were a little concerning though so I just didn’t order.

Used Sucuri Sitecheck

4 Likes

You make a good point. Many forums have vendor reviews plus a chance to connect with a vendor rep to discuss problems and get them fixed. We should have that, too. If it’s already here Idk where it is.

3 Likes

Do we know each other?The name sounds familiar.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting. Now I’m concerned too. I went to Sucuri’s website and it sounds like they take referrals. Sourcemore might not even be aware that they could have backdoors or other forms of security risks. Since I’m a customer and have dealt with them before maybe I’ll mention it to customer support. Darn…I’ve gotten some good deals there but also don’t want to take a chance. I just had my credit card hacked. I use Paypal on Sourcemore but still.

2 Likes

I had a card compromised last year (Feb or March) and I’m 95% certain it was due to an order with Sourcemore, so I am highly inclined to trust the assessment of the results posted by @Silhouette.

Kudos to Amber for checking before ordering!
It’s something I need to put into practice (now that I know about Sucuri)!

I didn’t have any problems with the order, and got what I ordered promptly and without issue. But as she said, that doesn’t mean they’re not oblivious to the distinct possibility (probability IMO) that their site is compromised.

All I can say is, I won’t ever order from them again. Or VapeSourcing now that I know they’re affiliated.

5 Likes

yes, well, i have no idea what’s happening now, it says cancelled by paypal, then it says shipped. i ordered and realized the site hasn’t been updated since december, as in still showing offers from then and has older gear. apparently it can happen if there’s no one there to take the orders that a site autoprocesses. they also didn’t respond to emails and calls… we’ll see_ i had a panic for a minute but PP’s timely response was reassuring. still anxious to delete my data, an unsupervised site is the only thing worse than a working one for privacy i imagine.

second: what’s your handle at ecf? think i recall the image from a while back_

3 Likes

Same handle, muth.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. I will definitely contact them. Whether they care or not I can’t control that but, at least, I can say I’ve warned them.

3 Likes

Muth, FWIW I was paranoid about making my (one, single) purchase from China (from 3fVape). I spoke with the Paypal folks about my concerns, and (IIRC) they indicated that (if the vendor allowed such an optional Paypal approach in making sales to customers), I could alternatively elect to provide my email address (specifically associated with my Paypal account) to the vendor. That particular approach would seem to be an “end-around” any surreptitious on-web-site “back-doors”. Seems like not a lot to ask ?

2 Likes

Yes, thank you RK. I do use PP when given the option. This still leaves the question of being compromised in other ways with the information provided for placing an order. Your name, address, email, etc. And as much as I like to trust Paypal, they too are not impervious to hacks.

And also FWIW, I’ve never had an issue with 3FVape or Fasttech.

2 Likes

Well, such sentiments (if PayPal appears inadequately reliable) might convince me to just quit ordering.

2 Likes

Email sent to Sourcemore warning of their possible site risks as detected by Sucuri. If they reply I’ll post it.

2 Likes

Heh, heh. Good luck with that. They must surely realize that any “discouraging words” coming out of them could (quite easily) end up splattered all over internet forums such as this ? Bad for business ?

2 Likes

The fact that vape forum members are discussing the possible risks of doing business with them should spring them into action. I certainly hope so. I do find that Chinese businesses hold themselves to high ethical standards. Much higher than ours. I’ve had various communication with the top Chinese vendors and have found all of them to be respectful of their customers and business. They value each customer and each customer’s dollar that comes out of their pocket and into their own. Afterall, that’s what good business is all about :wink: :moneybag:

2 Likes

Just making a point that nothing on the internet is 100% Guaranteed. I’ve surrendered to the fact that I’m being watched, followed, spied upon and all the bots in cyberspace know what color underwear are in my top drawer. Matter of fact, an IRS agent told me he could find that out, too, if he dug deep enough. That was the lovely audit I had years ago.

2 Likes