Can someone be allergic to PG

@anon84779643 Wow, you are always so helpful! Plunderdrum told me to get an American Weigh LB-501, so I did. muth just told me that you work at Flavorah, and now you mention that you “had a hand in the creation of that additive, Pucker Tobacco.” I wish I had the pallet and taste buds to be a Mixologist, but I don’t and I’m not, and probably never will be. But your explanation of how FLV Flavorings work will certainly be helpful. I’ll buy some FLV Irish Cream and experiment with it, starting at 0.12% as suggested.

I’ve seen that said a number of times. 0.12% is quite low, so now I know better how to experiment. Your drops per gram will help there as well. My ELR Calculator is set to grams for Pdrum’s juices, so I’ll have to set it for drops for this? Or just use your 1 drop = 0.02g, 2 drops = 0.04g, and 3 drops = 0.06g or 0.12% and use the scale on grams?

Or use Christian’s USP VG Testing method, then add the nicotine in the calculator once I have the flavoring percentage I like worked out. Sorry, but I’m new to this.

Wow, you guys are all so helpful! Thanks for the frother link! I hope the thinner attachment will fit into my bottles. That one looks like what Christian used.

I see you’re “The Steam Crave Guy.” I recently bought a Glaz RTA V2; my first Steam Crave product. Gotta say that I love the glass chimney and bubble glass. Huge build deck and great flavor!

4 Likes

Only do this if you’re using authentic FLV bottles, or if you measure your drops per ml yourself to see if the bottle you got from a reseller is actually 0.02g per drop!

And, only if all of the bottles used in your recipe have the same gram per drop as each other.

4 Likes

I do not work for Flavorah, 100… :slight_smile:

I am an affiliate, wholeseller and retailer.
I do not have any shops but I can pick up anything needed for anyone, within the USA.
I also sell shots of my recipes, by bottle size. :slight_smile:

I do grams, however, my settings are a bit of the unusual as I do take advantage of the drops per ml box, found when you set it to drops.

[most just ignore it and the default won’t cover it at 35dpm when there is 50 drops in a ml. :slight_smile: ]

Otherwise, your weight on your scales will not match up with what the elr calculator says… I will figure out something on my tutorial and repost it up again.

As for Christain’s vids, he has it straight from me. Remember what your drop weights, .02g then try a drop or so in 10ml bottles. I like to let mine steep, I do not use a frother, time is the best for steeping. Doesn’t take long… fruits overnight, creams nuts and tobaccos between 3-5 days… :slight_smile:

We all have to start somewhere, and at least you are willing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@100_VG it fits into small 10ml LDPE bottles with no problem.

1 Like

And how would I know any of that? I guess you mean to count the drops in a ml, then weight it? I guess my 10ml cylinder might be accurate enough for that? Either that, or maybe drip into a 3ml luer lock syringe with the needle removed and the hole blocked, so it doesn’t fill up the needle and then drip out of it? Tare either one and then weigh the 1ml in the cylinder or syringe? I think the 10ml cylinder might be easier for that.

Or can you suggest a better way? Maybe tare a bottle on the scale, then see how the individual drops add up? But I would have to start with an accurately measured 1ml for that, wouldn’t I? Guess I need some help with this, please.

I guess muth was wrong.

Thanks, I’ll remember that. :+1: By anything, do you mean anything FLV, or Anything?

Thanks. Could you post it here, please?

OK, but what about his tasting single flavorings on the back of his hand after dripping into 10ml of microwaved VG, or using a frother when his 10ml bottles aren’t microwaved? That’s how he figures (or figured) his measurements. Or at least, his starting points for single flavorings. Sounds like you prefer the steeping method. Maybe do both, use his method, but also let some other 10mls steep? Just trying to learn the best way to do it. Thanks.

Absolutely, I am willing. With you and Pdrum on my side (and the others who join in now and then), I can’t go wrong. Thank you SmokyBlue! Thank you @Plunderdrum! And thank you @SessionDrummer!

Thanks!

4 Likes

Try my site, now that I have my tutorials up. If you have more questions, just ask… I do not mind going into more detail, but I hope a lot of my notes can help you out :slight_smile:

FlvFan Site

Flavorah. What I test from my lab, changes so nothing is stable.

I tried that before with my Solo Taste Testing thread. It’s why I leave my tutorials on my site… :slight_smile:

A lick to see what the flavored base is like, is just that. You can lick your juice, it won’t kill you… but it is just a lick, it’s not vaping. It can give you an idea of the juice, but if you’d rather not lick, you don’t have to.

As far as microwaves, there is a note on that too, on my site. I don’t froth FLV as the molecules and compounds, along with your nic, really do not need to be beaten to hell, and allow air to be forced into a mix, as it distorts the taste of the juice. You are more than welcome to experiment on your own, but if you can at least be a semi-decent taste tester, you will notice a difference between frothed and not frothed… microwave or not.

More than welcome here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In All About Mixing Flavorah Flavorings, under Steep Guide, I see “SNV or ~3 days,” “SNV or ~1 week,” “SNV or ~2 weeks,” & “SNV or Longer.” What does SNV mean, please? Might be good if that acronym was spelled out somewhere in there. If it is, I didn’t see it, nor anything that looked like what SNV might stand for. Thanks.

So those flavorings are still in development stages?

Just read through that, too. Stopped after reading quite a few comments and replies.

Thanks. I was just curious. I’ll do it your way, as in Solo Taste Testing. I haven’t ordered the frother yet, and now I won’t have to. Do you agree with Christian’s 10ml VG microwave procedure, or just stick with the recommended steeping time in All About Mixing Flavorah Flavorings?

While I have you, for FLV Irish Cream in All About Mixing Flavorah Flavorings, it shows a Starting Mix Point (%) of 1.00%, but here, you told me to start low in testing at 0.12% and work my way up. Would you please explain the difference to me? That’s a pretty big difference.

2 Likes

Shake and vape… means you can vape it and vape it. I prefer to wait a few days…
I guess some need to vape immediately :wink: common term… found here on site…

if you read here:

You will find the link to the vaping abbreviations :slight_smile:

?? Flavorah is ready to use.
I work for a lab that creates flavors for a few industries, including vaping.

My response to this can be found here:

https://flvfan.com/steeping-ultra-concentrated-flavors-microwave/

Here I go:

The first rule of business is what? To make money. Flavorah has starting % amounts, and so does a few of the other companies. That is their starting points.

Your job is to find out on any flavor you purchase is:

Where you can start to taste, and where it tastes good to you. :slight_smile:
That way you get to know your flavors, and… you will know how a red apple might sit with say black tea.

Any flavor company has a job and that is to sell a product to make $.

Again… if you do your job, finding if you like a flavor, or where to mix it at, falls on you… they can only recommend as everyone tastes things different.

Hope this makes sense :slight_smile:

With ultras, start with 1-2 drops in 10ml and work up. it pays to do it early on in your flavor collecting so you do not bog yourself down. Take notes, and have a read thru my site… link is above :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What does that mean, Smoky?

3 Likes

Each manufacture has a way of processing their flavoring. If you pay attention to what you are vaping… well no… not pay attention but it is more like an aftertaste. Every single manufacture has it, even Lorann :slight_smile:
It’s something I can pick up in a juice.

3 Likes

Thx, I get it. It might be what happens to me with some flavors/brands. It’s frustrating when 10 people recommend a good flavor and it tastes funny to you. Maybe that’s why?

3 Likes

It depends on what you mean by funny, Muth…
This is more of a background/after taste, does not effect the flavors taste at all…

2 Likes

Okay, this is what I mean. Sometimes I get what I call a chemical taste either as an after taste or along with the flavor. That’s the only way I can describe it and maybe that’s something different but whatever it is I don’t like it. Sometimes it comes in the form of burnt, perfumey, flowery (when it’s not supposed to be a flower). It’s not easy for me to describe that well.

3 Likes

To me, that sounds like flavor pushing or over flavoring.
Like the caramel coffee you tried the other day… gave you a bad taste…
You used way too much of it. That one needs 1-2 drops to try it out in at least a 30ml, with some time for it to steep.

Anytime you are getting off-tastes like that, check how much you are using.

btw, I can not even find it in the database, so hard for me to see who all else has used it and their amounts either. That should be a big tip off there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Sprkslfly, do you know anything on the flavor: caramel coffee (SC)?
I can’t find it on site.

2 Likes

@Rocky02852 says it tastes like crap, too. He pointed out to me where it’s in the flavor drop down menu. If that helps. He recommended the Cappuccino (SC) which we both like very much. I believe the percentages were similar.

3 Likes

Probably because it’s sold as Caramel Mocha?

Not sure if there’s another…

In the ELR database, I found

3 Likes

Well apparently not with the one you have. :stuck_out_tongue:
The SC can be potent.
If you have not tossed it out… give yourself a few months to recover, and try it with just 2 drops in 30ml.
You might end up liking it by then, if you are willing to play with your flavors. Won’t know unless you try :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@anon84779643 Correction: he pointed out the Cappuccino. The Caramel Mocha (SC) might be a new flavor, IIRC, and that’s why not in the base.

3 Likes

I dont think it is new, I could be wrong.
I thought I had it years back, to be honest.

2 Likes