Custards ... You're favorite custard mix and maybe a recipe?

Start low. Try 0.5% at first. I can’t imagine using more than max 1.5% of it in any recipe, but opinions vary. It’s strong, needs a bit of a steep, but damn is it ever good!

1 Like

I haven’t gone wrong so far. I read to use 1 DROP per 7 ml. That is a good picture in my brain because my tanks are often 6 ml.
I have been vaping single flavors of Medicine Flower. At least 2 of my 4 ADVs have MF in it.
I mixed some single flavors up to steep… 5 drops in a 30 ml bottle.
Until I figure out a problem I am having, do not buy them from RFW like I did saving $3.
Green Apple has zero flavor. Are they old? I’ll keep you all posted.
Joya

3 Likes

I don’t mix by drops. For now I test all MF flavors at 1% as a standalone unless I get a feeling it should be less as with the Mandarin. Always figure how much is a drop? It varies but grams tends to be more consistent. Also, I’ve diluted a number of the MF flavors I have making a 10% dilution in PG. So now the amount I will use with them will be even more precise.

1 Like

I am so glad you took the time to write about how you mix and dilute because my preciseness needs a lot of improvement. If I were mixing for anyone besides myself, I’d be a big mess. And this is coming from a precise and organized type person. I’m just new, new, new. I did get a scale (finally) and I haven’t done any mixing or used it yet. I sure need to though. Keep saying it’s on my ‘to do’ list but I never get to pulling all of it out. Excuses, excuses…but I always start doing everything else first like cleaning the house, then I don’t want to do it when i’ll get interrupted by my 9 y/o granddaughter when she comes home from school. What I need is a cart with wheels and shelves so I can keep all my containers on it and just wheel it out using the top when I’m ready to mix. I’m keeping my eye open at yard sales ect.

1 Like

Don’t feel bad, I’m the same way. I am super organized and ‘detail-oriented’ with everything else, but I’m pretty lax with mixing compared to most. I think you’ll be surprised once you use your scale a couple of times at how quick and easy it is and how quick it is to clean up. You can join the “Why didn’t I do this sooner” club with the rest of us. :wink:

4 Likes

Exactly. I’m going to start a new thread. It should be good see you there… Eliminating bad videos.

1 Like

@JoJo I’ve been using scales for the last 3 weeks, before i was using syringes.

Scales makes it so much easier and less cleaning.

Just need an invite to the “Why didn’t I do this sooner” club lol…

2 Likes

Ken, how about do us a favor. Next time you do this, add the MF “drops” and see what the weight is. For a 30ml bottle at 3 per 10 I’m going to guess around 0.8%, but it would be cool to find out what you come up with! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

shop around before you buy direct from MF…i bought some MF flavors, original packaging, for less than their sale price.
i think it was raw food world or something like that

2 Likes

Next time i pull out the scales tho i cant promise that it will be soon, i almost never use them.

1 Like

Anyone has any tips is covering the butyric taste of vanilla custard v2 from Capella i tried a ton of stuff without any luck and i cant resolve to use v1. Anyone!

1 Like

The best suggestion I have to cover it up is place the bottle in the trash and use V1. I understand this doesn’t help much. But I don’t think it can be done. I have tried V2 in a few recipes and I just don’t like it at all.

4 Likes

I don’t subohm so maybe I don’t get the same flavors you guys do but FA custard mixed with V2 custard works for me. It’s my ADV and I always have a bottle steeping.

Toc’s ADV Custard (Clean) : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/441982/Toc%27s+ADV+Custard+%28Clean%29

3% Brown Sugar Extra (TPA)
2% Caramel (FA)
0.5% Coconut (FA)
2% Custard (FA)
0.1% Sucralose
8% Vanilla Custard v2 (CAP)
2% Vienna Cream (FA)

Flavor total: 17.6%

4 Likes

I think @LordVapor said it best lol [quote=“LordVapor, post:72, topic:20675”]
place the bottle in the trash
[/quote]

1 Like

I have found that after a 45 day minimum steep the taste is gone to me.The taste doesn’t come close to V1 though even after a 60 day steep IMO. I do wish you luck and please let us know if you find anything that helps.

2 Likes

I have juice I made in mid October with V1. I can vape it. But having a few thousand milliliters of other juice on hand, I choose not to. Because I can still taste it.

1 Like

I agree with you 100 % , V2 even without the butyric taste will never IMO taste as good as V1.I don’t know why @Ohm_Sweet_Ohm can’t resolve to use V1 but the only thing I have founds that helps is time and lots of it.
The fact remains however that he stated he can’t resolve to use V1 so throwing it in the trash isn’t really gonna help much is it?

1 Like

I am sure it is a diacetyl issue. But yeah, I understand what you are saying. But to answer his question, “is there anything to cover up the butyric acid taste”… to me that is his only option - in my opinion.

Some people are ok vaping V2. Those that don’t like the taste of it won’t like the taste of it after a longer steep more than likely. Without knowing the conditions he is dealing with as far as steep time and percentage used amoung other factors, and based on my use of it, I answered his question.

In my opinion the whole diacetyl fear is based on circumstances and concentrations that were far more dangerous than our little vapor clouds. To be standing in a popcorn factory all day, day in and day out, breathing diacetyl rich butter vapor is far worse than the conditions we see as vapers. I for one don’t worry about it at all. And in fact, the more warnings there are on a recipe the better to me.

But, I understand people wanting to vape risk free. To each his own. One could always use FA custard instead. It is a very good custard to me. I have fallen in love with the FLV/Cap V1 combo, but I could easily vape a recipe with just FA custard and be just as happy.

6 Likes

That is really good. I’m glad I spotted it. When I saw the brown sugar, I new I wanted to try it. REally good. I’m going to mix some up. I just used drops x2 in a tank using steeped single flavors. Maybe this will be the recipe that I finally found a particular use for the FA Custard. Was that proper English? I don’t think so…but you know what I mean.

2 Likes

I hope it works for you!!!

1 Like