Diablo Styled RTA Thoughts and Review

Lol. I have been watching the Simpsons and they have the crazy cat lady on there. Dunno ‘bout some of the shit rattlin’ around up there sometimes ;).

2 Likes

All three styles are good tanks Patty. The difference isn’t just in the amount of juice it holds though. The 5ml has larger juice channels and more airflow. The ones you can buy over there have even less airflow than the 2.5ml ones sold by the same guy over here that is selling the 5ml. So all three are slightly different in performance and not just juice capacity.

2 Likes

Ill order one and it is what it is when i get it.
They all seem to work , so in for a penny, in for a pound. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I had a couple of clones without the airflow ring.The vape was just as good on the two without the airflow ring.
To fill I would cover the slot with my thumb and pointer finger whenever I would unscrew the top to fill.Try to hold so that you cover the slots completely from the time you unscrew the top, fill your tank and start the threads on putting the top back on.As soon as the top is threaded a turn or two flip it upside down and wait until the air bubble is against the base of the tank.Then screw it the rest of the way down and that should stop any leaking.
Anytime I have a top fill tank that leaks this usually helps.Hopefully you can just add more wick when you rebuild to make it leak free.I was using rayon when I had the tanks and never had that problem.After I found the 1:1 clones I gave the first two clones to my nephew and he is having that same issue and he uses Japanese cotton and wicks much looser than I.

Well thank you. Just as you said that a little light came on lol. I will try that next time.

I just tried it that way and wala, perfect fill. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Sillyrabbit, this is a drawing I drew up for someone the other day having leaking issues with the Griffin. I fought leaking tanks it seemed with every build I did. Then SthrnMixer gave a tutorial in this thread showing how he wicks. He first shows how he rolls his cotton at reply 22. Then if you go to reply 50 he shows how he trims the cotton. When I read that my wicking started getting much better. But I still had leaks every once in awhile until I started paying attention to the area between the wick and the posts and the chimney. Try to spread the wick out to form a wall blocking off any gaps between the posts and the wick. And also between the wick and chimney. Make sure no wick is hanging out over the air channel also. If you do this I swear you won’t have leaks. I can take the top off of my Diablos, Griffin, and any other top fill tank and let them sit there and no juice leaks out.

I have a theory why this works. If you don’t get quite enough wick in the juice channels the positive pressure inside the tank finds the area of lowest pressure and will push the juice through trying to equalize the pressure in the tank and inner chamber of the chimney. If you have the gaps closed off so the juice can’t go around the wick the only place it can go is up the wick, basically forcing juice to the coils. Call me crazy if you want. But I tested this by deliberately leaving the wick very light in the juice channels on my Griffin one time. It still worked fine. I never get dry hits and I never get leaks.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m sure it’s how I got it wicked. I noticed it had bid juice channels. This was my first time wicking this one. Next time I will do it different. And as far as the griffin I got coming , I really can’t wait to get this one. I waited on buying one. And then there it came. 25mm top airflow a bigger build deck. The cats meow I would say. At least I home. I love my tfv4s I got that triple Clapton coil rba deck in it. The wicking was a trick. But it don’t leak either. Well it did at first. But it quit

1 Like

See my airflow ring is just a flat ring like on the right. It don’t have the sides on it :rage:

1 Like

After reading all of this I broke down and got one. Got the smaller 2.5ml from the Ebay guy. The 5ml was only a dollar more, but I wanted the airflow control. I’ll probably buy the larger one once I get a taste of the one I bought. Can’t have too many, right?

2 Likes

I think you will be well pleased with the El Diablo style tanks. The airflow ring is handy but not necessary by any means unless you prefer a tighter draw.

The wicking is pretty straight forward , I just make sure mine touches the bottom of the well without hanging past it.The 2.5ml version that seller has is an exact copy of the original so it has a slightly smaller channel milled in the side of the build deck than the 5ml version.

I use the same size coils on both versions but I use a tad more rayon in the 5.0 because it has larger channels milled in the side.If I use the same amount I have a hard time getting the chimney screwed down on the deck as it will try and get caught in the threads.I just built my 5.0 but here is a pic of the large coils and you can see the smaller channels.
I will also include a series of pics to hopefully explain better what I am trying to describe.it isn’t hard by any means but it is different than most decks I build on.
You want enough material to cover the juice slots and cover the opening at the bottom.Much like @LordVapor depicted in his graphic.
I hope this helps to give someone an idea on where to start.

2 Likes

I left out the most important pic showing the length of the wicks!

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll come back to all of this once it arrives.

1 Like

Ordered today. Now the waiting game. :yum:

2 Likes

Where from, mate?

Ordered one from ft.

1 Like

Damn, I don’t know if I can wait a month for shit to get to the uk.

I need a new tank and can’t decide between the new griffin, Diablo or the moonshot.

1 Like

Theres some real nice attys coming out lately. Decisions decisions!!!

2 Likes

I think the one from FT is different than all three of the styles that I have.

Hahaha typical. Ahh. It is what it is my friend. It will show up as a surprise in a month.
In the mean time I’ve got 3 aromamizer’ers coming, the special edition, v2 and the supreme.
Trying to get hold of the billow v3 and the alleria. Hard to get in the uk.

1 Like

You are accumulating some nice tanks there I hope. Can’t wait to see what you think of them.

2 Likes