Doug Has Questions

do I get to stand on the boxes and get a trophy??? I’ve always wanted a trophy. They look so awesome on the shelf!!! :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

@anon84779643 ok, so how do you know you’re in a private message vs a regular and how do you start a private message. Sorry but the "bot’'s getting it tranny looked at.

3 Likes

I click on someone’s name and it will give me a sweet pop up… in the popup you will see the link to their recipes, when you were on… a brief description if the user has one up… and in the upper right side… a blue box that says message :slight_smile:

3 Likes

then you must be special. I don’t see that. I broke that tooo!!!

3 Likes

this is why the only person allowed to drive my vehicles is the crash dummy!!!

3 Likes

It will be there as soon as you get promoted in trust level @Caped_Conspirathist (the forum software will handle it when the requirements are met)

You actually should be able to see it

4 Likes

oh!! ok. (the crash dummy still drives my vehicles though just so you know…) btw, good evening, morning, afternoon, teatime!!! no???

4 Likes

Do a lot of reading… send me a pm… and keep posting up your funny posts, Doug…
Make this site your home away from home, you are in good hands… I love to watch you learn… You make being a newbie really cool :wink:

4 Likes

What is a wiki link?
Sorry I broke your discobot.
I really did try it. had it working for a moment or 2…

2 Likes

Thanks for saying being a noobie is cool (to me!)! Usually people get SUPER PISSED at me (ok, always, without exception) but on a side note, it’s the internet so they can’t beat me up… unless… they hunt me down and that’s a rather chilling thought…

3 Likes

If you’ve seen Robin Williams winging it… that’s me. Seriously. But he didn’t break stuff the way I do… hmmm… ok, so everyone has their special ability… :grin:

3 Likes

ok, so how do I link the nutjob I am to something relevant? I can actually talk about 3-4 things at once trying to pull it all together.

3 Likes

example: vg\pg content. Some websites say its ok to run 50\50 in a subohm and that it helps coils. I’ve seen flavors on LNW that are 50\50 - 30\70 depending on nic levels. Tried both… both drool in my tank… but found out that cotton is going bad in my tank too… also can’t put a new coil in correctly to save my life so that causes droolage… and my cat drools and growls at the door too… but does that last part have anything to do with this? they all drool.
… and are there specific tanks (other than top airflow RTA’s (which I’m trying to re-engineer or create a mod for a tank which will convert it)

2 Likes

with 50\50 and drooling, all I would have to do is use a thin substrate to go around the coil to slow the uptake of juice to the cotton. Not enough to cause an atmospheric issue when drawing on, just enough that would hold back the seeping of the thinner liquid while sitting. I know the product I’d use but can’t remember it’s name. That, or use some hot hobby glue to partially close up the ports of the cotton wick… but that would limit the wicking completely and you’d be stuck using the thinner juice.

2 Likes

Why not just add some more vg? make it simple, Doug…

yeah no… just add more vg… say a 60vg 40pg… in some tanks you can go higher like a 70vg/30pg…

If your juice is too thin, yes drool is a good word for it… which tank do you have again, I forgot?

2 Likes

the reason for the higher pg is the uptake of nicotine in the hit. the faster the uptake the more it feels like a cigarette. If pg is actually better for the coils, then keeping keeping them coated with it wouldn’t be a bad thing. I had thought of going 35\65 to see how that would work. the falcon sub-ohm ran 50/50 without issue. This king cloud beast I’m not so sure about.

Believe it or not I’m an engineer. the best knack I have is making or improving products.

2 Likes

The membrane I’m thinking of would slide over a coil like a condom. simple to put on, reusable, very heat tolerant, and chemical proof.

2 Likes

I think it’s even food grade. I can’t remember for the life of me where I’ve seen it. We used it some in the chem labs at college.

2 Likes

You are talking “throat hit” with this…

and honestly… one can not sub ohm without a lot of vg…

Well you could but your juice will run out in puddles…

I believe… that you need to stop comparing vaping to smoking. You need to think its a better manufactured vape, rather than a new way to smoke. Are you a dual user?

who said that?? :upside_down_face: both vg and pg are fine for coils… it is the additives in your juice that makes the coils crusty, worn out and not last as long…

Ok so you are using prebuilt coil heads… Maybe you should look into the real sub ohm tanks… rta/rtda types… so you wont be spending a ton of $ on coil heads… :slight_smile:

No need, again… adjusting your base will be the best way… you might be an engineer… but let me ask what did you engineer? buildings, cakes, or??? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The ratio of pg/vg should have no effect on nic uptake, make it 80/20 if you want (SMOK are designed for high VG mixes) - you may need to let it nap for a little extra time when using high vg.

I think you are mistaking nic uptake and throat hit - more pg will give you more throat hit but it will leak in certain tanks - big wicking holes in a coil means it will wick faster coupled with more pg means it will wick even faster and leak

Edit ah Smoky got to it first :wink:

3 Likes