ELR Recipe Contest..Rules/ Criteria

4 Likes

Ooo I like the use of the Philadelphia Butter cake and Ultimate Brown Sugar in this. I may have to remix my only attempt at a Pineapple Upside Down cake to try that combo.

Burnt Sugar (OOO) 0.75
Pineapple Juicy (TPA) 3.00
Sugarloaf Pineapple (VTA) 2.00
Toasted Marshmallow (TPA) 1.50
Vanilla Cupcake (TPA) 6.00
Cheesecake (TPA) 2.00
Scorched Caramel (VTA) .75
Cinnamon Danish (TPA) 1.25
I really liked the combo of Pineapple Juicy, Sugarloaf Pineapple, Scorched Caramel, Burnt Sugar, and Toasted Marshmallow in my remix it created an almost authentic grilled pineapple. Though the cake layer in my version was lacking something.

10 Likes

This is what I’m puffing on atm

10 Likes

That’s actually a really good flavor for a pineapple upside down cake. I used it in a peach crepe recipe with (WF) Angel cake and (WF) Crepe. It worked great for adding a bit of a toasted note to the Crepe as well as adding a darker syrup feel to the peaches (WF) Peach Pie and Cream.

7 Likes

I havent tried it but remember years ago there was a sc tobacco with heavy smokey pineapple and light on tobacco. Maybe like sc island tobacco

6 Likes

@SessionDrummer I absolutely agree 100%! and pairing it with SSA Caramel Biscuit is an absolute winner, I added a touch of CAP sweet strawberry and it was amazing!

6 Likes

How many recipes made it to the contest?

9 Likes

25 total with 1 being D I S Q U A L I F I E D…So 24 in the contest

12 Likes

Lol i had the picture in my head of you guys trying 500 plus recipes. 25 not too bad

8 Likes

Wow, what a turnout :+1:. And they all look amazing!
What a crazy night last night with all the last minute recipe submissions, it literally came right down to the wire!
Thanks all that submitted recipes, this will be tough as they all look very well thought out, we have some really good mixers in this community and it really shows!

12 Likes

Lol…I have entered a lot of Contests over the years put on by flavor Companies or YT personalities and they have about 20ish entries everytime…25 im proud of , with the limitations and our first one…

14 Likes

You guys got lots of vaping to do. Go easy on the nic

5 Likes

Na! That’s what’s makes testing worthwhile. :thinking::joy::joy:

8 Likes

This looks like the one I made in RL that I took to a party. Actually it was rectangular and very big. I thought I’d have at least one slice I could bring back home. Not gonna happen. All gobbled up and it gave me the confidence that maybe I can bake! I have no desire to turn it into eJuice, though.

7 Likes

Thank you @fidalgo_vapes @Rocky02852 and @Ken_O_Where , this was a great idea, for all your hard work and firm will to make it happen.
Could be an idea to tag the recipes title once they’re made public, and/or make a separate post with the link or something like that, so we have them all in one place and searchable on the recipes side.

11 Likes

Recipe also must be kept Private until Dec 1st…If you choose to make recipe public after Dec 1st please use #elrmixingcomp1 after recipe name.

They did mention in the rules that we do this ^^^^^^
:blush: :+1:

9 Likes

Yes I saw that, but still I think that to have them all in one place on a new post (this one is already huge) is a lot better (who’s going to search #elrmixingcomp1 on the recipe side? and it’ll disappear in no time…) and as it says: "*If you choose to make it public" and that is correct, it’s your recipe, but at the end of the contest, as in every contest, you have a list of them all and have the exposure they all deserve, there’ll be be so many great creations.
Prob they’re going to talk about them on YT anyway, I think… But it’s just MHO. :+1:

8 Likes

We will do that for the judging

11 Likes

So 25 recipes equals 25winners

You know what would be cool?
If elr had a landing page to display all of the recipes

9 Likes

Someone created a thread so people can display recipes. ELR recipe contest- Winter holiday desserts.

7 Likes