First time post!

No no: 6mg nic is 6mg per mL, so we calculate how many mLs per day or week you’d use at that strength.

If your tank holds 3mL, there’s 18mg nic all up, per tank.

100mg/mL is very strong so you don’t need gallons of the stuff, but you’ll probably want a few litres if you can get that much still.

You also don’t HAVE to buy a dedicated chest freezer: you’r normal food freezer will do long as you’re not taking the nic out to defrost then freeze again.

3 Likes

Ah that makes sense, I keep looking at recipes and forget that it’s based on 10ml, not 60ml. I have ordered the equivalent of 1L 100mg Nic and they are shipping a testing sample of 50ml 100mg.

3 Likes

so in essence, I could get almost 8 yrs out of 2 litters. God, then what do we do. Does Nic really freeze? I guess I thought it would be more just chilled, like vodka in the freezer. Does anyone really know how long it will last?

3 Likes

Yes: 2 litres will last several years.

Everything is marked per mL: commercial juices that’re 6mL are 6mg/mL and 100mg/mL nicotine base too.

Long as the nicotine base you order says “100mg/mL” on the bottle, 2 litres that will last you almost a decade.

Maybe get 3 litres just to be sure.

Maybe order a few if you’re in Australia before October advs keep them in a relative’s freezer or something.

4 Likes

Anyone? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You can fall down the deep dark hole of that current discussion right here -

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen an answer to that.

Seen plenty of people comparing the colour over time, but no actual nic tests ever seem to get done thi determine strength.

Seems a flaw in the whole shelf-life debate, …to not even test the nic content over time :smirk:

Everyone’s just eyeballing the colour - like their eyeballs can accurately detect nicotine concentration in a bottle of liquid :thinking:

1 Like

Could last 100 years unrefridgerated and everyone’s just freaking out IN CASE :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And no the base doesn’t freeze: it just gets much thicker in a freezer.

2 Likes

The problem is that because vaping has only been around 12 years or so, no-one has actually stored any amount of nic for extended periods. There is no hard data or recorded experiences past 5 years that I have seen (and even then, what I have read was anecdotal)

2 Likes

Really all I have seen far as testing goes is “that shit turned brown, therefore it’s bad”.

That’s it :slight_smile:

No actual testing of nicotine strength going on.

4 Likes

As well as browner, the (freebase) nic can get peppery and harsh. Once I switched to salts, problem gone :+1:

3 Likes

ok but I truly hate when nic starts to mix with Oxygen, the color does me in, yuk

2 Likes

Well then you’ll have to freeze it apparently.

Whether to open the plastic bottle at all or pour it into glass - that’s a whole other debate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes @Scotty, consider ordering some salts too.

2 Likes

my god, so then you have to thaw it out. Jesus Christ this is stressing me out and I haven’t even started to mix my first recipe! LOL But truly, has anyone ever mixed as well as a premium juice before? I know taste is subjective but you know what I mean. Anyone?

2 Likes

yeah, nobody really knows just how long it will be usable. those of us stocking up are basiclly hedging our bets.

3 Likes

I suppose it’s all we have now in USA. I don’t have any relatives in Oz, just business and employees.

3 Likes

I’ll be mixing as good as commercial in a couple more flavours :smirk:

You can mix as good or better, but you need to use GOOD flavorings.

2 Likes

How much commercial juice do you still have left?

1 Like