Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

@Skullblade789 FIRST things first. I CONGRATULATE you on taking on the Avatar Challenge !!!

Oooorah.

Secondly, I thought the mentioned recipe was @freshpies ??

Did you have have a creamy delicious custard up here ??

1 Like

Yeah, my stone that you put up, you silly bastard. You are running from greatness!!!

3 Likes

:1st_place_medal:

2 Likes

So can you help @Muth figure out why she can’t taste it on her setup?
She never reported back on it… :cry: and using a flat wire coil.

3 Likes

@muth If you look up “Stones and my Usage” I have a Custard Stone that will knock your socks of and give you an excellent creamy sensation that is to die for. There is a great custard taste to that one.

6 Likes

@muth

2 Likes

Sorry Smoky. I kind of moved on to other things but as far as the flat wire goes it’s great. I heard you say that you use it. Never knock something until you’ve tried it right? Every time I remove the DT I see the darn coil is still shining :+1: a clean coil is a tasty coil.

4 Likes

is fine Muth… its been such a minuet, and with everything I have going on… completely forgot too…

Crocheting a shawl and a baby blanket this weekend… next a hat and omg not to forget the “booties” for my sil… will be a new Aunt in October haha!! So of course we will be spoiling this kid of my brothers!! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

4 Likes

Congratulations! and yup, you are busy!

3 Likes

Does anyone know about CAP Buttercream? I’m trying to get a wedding cake frosting which traditionally uses buttercream. CAP is the only buttercream I have and it tastes kind of sour. I’ve had it about 2 yrs? I used it at 1%

2 Likes

It’s more of a buttery cream tbh.
Try Lorann Cream Cheese Frosting

3 Likes

We should have a custard recipe competition…

Just need some judges and 3 prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd place. :wink:

3 Likes

I’d like to sample that. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That sounds like fun, maybe have a special tag next to our name instead of actual prizes lol the problem is having a judge or judges that actually have all the flavors needed to make the recipes, or we could mail out flavor shots but then that costs money for shipping, and it’s custard so we have to worry about steep times…

3 Likes

And I have that from the recipe you shared with me awhile back. Because I just dove into the recipe I never SFT that flavor so didn’t know what it was like actually. Thx, I’m psyched to find out.

3 Likes

This isn’t for a particular mix but rather how can I make the caramels in my mixes more buttery? I bought Caramel Butter (WF) but haven’t tested yet. I have Butter (FA) but not sure if adding to any caramel will solve the problem. Any ideas, suggestions?

5 Likes

Cappella’s Golden Butter may help…? Maybe .5%?

On a parallel note, I had some difficulty the last time I made an actual, food, caramel recipe…

It was bland and seemed to be like what you’re describing: missing a buttery taste.

I added a little vanilla and a tiny bit of salt and it was perfect.

A little saline and a drop of vanilla may also be a possible fix.

I just looked at your stash…that sounds so dirty…lol
Maybe a touch of your favorite butterscotch?

5 Likes

Ok ladies & gents… I need some help…plz…
If y’all remember I had posted a pic of a bottle I made back in December…, it tasted pretty good so I jus filled my squonk & started vaping it… It’s missing a throat hit…, a lung… something…Idk, it just isn’t doing the job…, can somebody help me with ASAP plz? I really don’t wanna re-wic my shit again & vape something else…, this is quite alright., it’s jus missing something!

2 Likes

Sorry… the recipe is all TFA… 5% coconut, 1% coconut candy, 2% sweet cream, 3% bavarian cream & 4% vanilla cupcake

2 Likes

with all that coconut, and I don’t know the manufactures… really kind of hard.
That is a coconut cream. :slight_smile:

You could add any fruit, or even a chocolate…

I think its too much on the coconut, whatever you are using. :slight_smile:

2 Likes