Fix My Mix - Bring your trouble recipes here!

[quote=“scifoc, post:645, topic:136031”]
Could use some help with this monster. Got everything except the apple the way I want it. It is good but the apple is very faint. Any suggestions?

@scifoc you have some pretty good responses so far. Looking at your mix, and you stating you’re still light on the apple, it appears that maybe the custard, and def. the LB VIC are drowning it out. I love FLV Apple Filling, and use it a lot. Maybe push that up to 1.5% as that’s got to be the base note. I’m surprised that even the Fuji isn’t breaking through as it’s quite bright. You could try replacing the LB VIC (which I love BTW) and sub in some TPA Vanilla Swirl to go in the same direction without being as heavy handed, or drop the LB VIC a little. I don’t have FLV Fried Dough or WF Caramel Butter, so I don’t know how much influence or masking they offer up. Many people add FA Apple Pie for two reasons, low for crust, and higher for more (somewhat) apple as a thought. And (almost forgot) @Hippy_Vapes likes to add in a smidge of FA Apricot and Marzipan to kick the Apple up a notch or two.

4 Likes

Funny. I have FLV Fried Dough, and my first thought was it’s got to be dominating other components. But sci said they’re happy with the other aspects of the mix, so I didn’t comment. But, I found it to be strong (and quite present) even at only 3-4 drops per 30ml. YMMV

I do think others are right about the apple. It should be pushing through like gangbusters at the listed percentages (it should be more than enough IMO anyways…)

3 Likes

Yeah so I used 9 drops. Maybe cut that down. I have only had it steeping for about 2 weeks. Maybe I need to be patient.

5 Likes

2% fuji sounds like a lot to me. Then VIC LB is a bit of a heavy hitter hear.
I found the 0.5 fuji + 1.5 Stark FA to be a very satisfying partially cooked apple base in

The caramel might also be helping even though I’d be tempted to start lower
You could use cinnamon/dragonfruit as in

and or a literal drop of cardamom if that’s your thing. I use tons of the stuff in real apple bakes.

5 Likes

Here’s a bubblegum I may try depending on feedback if it would turn out good. I thought about sour tpa at 0.5 but am holding off on that for now. Would this work? I included a small amount of rose candy for a slight floral undertone to it.

Screenshot_20190424-153715

3 Likes

Maybe instead of starting a new thread with each recipe you could probably discuss it on this helpful thread

Or here

7 Likes

I think the bubble gum with get muddled by the mallow. Just a thought. If you are adding it to smooth things out because you have already mixed this then drop it down to 0.25 or 0.5…since it will also fight with blue rasp cotton candy

5 Likes

I have bigger problems right now. Yikes! I was making 300 mls of a 25/75 blend. When it was time to add the VG I picked up the PG bottle instead! Now I have 300 mls of pure PG (including the flavors, of course). Is there a plausible fix?

3 Likes

Make like a 3000ml mix. Lol. That’s a rough one.

3 Likes

Where did you get that figure, lol? Do I need to call Einstein from the grave to figure this out :laughing: I’m determined to fix this. I can’t stand waste!

2 Likes

Add approximately 900ml vg gets you pretty damn close. Or keep it as a stone and mix it with 75% VG whenever you want to make a batch. Pretty simple. Just going to get sick of the flavor after awhile I imagine :wink:

5 Likes

More flavouring will be needed.
If you realy like the flavour and will use it all then make a 1200ml recipe.
To make life easier subtract what you added flavour wise then only add flavours.
When you want a bottle 75% vg and top up from flavour bottle.
The vg pg will be a bit off depending on flavour percentages in recipe. If flv 3% recipe dont worry, if 20%flavouring you may need to make the batch even bigger.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your solutions. I was getting advice from three vaping forums. From that I was able to come to my own conclusions and figure out the exact percentage that I needed to add. I won’t get into the math (God forbid, not now) but I made my first batch from the botched original and it’s smelling nice. I’ll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again. You guys saved my recipe.

3 Likes

Hi all,

Looking for a little advise on a recipe I’ve put together.
It’s just a tester I’ve called it cherry Coke if you look in my recipes. I’m not sure on how to add the link on this post, so take a look if you don’t mind and have the time.
It tastes a little chemically and bitter. I’m looking for suggestions on whether steeping is required or other flavours could be added to balance the taste or alter the percentage of some of the flavours.

Thanks in advance and appreciate those who take their time to help and advise me on this issue.

3 Likes

@Phil_Critch you just hit one of my triggers, cherry !!!

I’ve never had a cherry coke that I liked, EXCEPT for one using all FA flavors.

I would suggest using FA Black Cherry and FA Cola, and use them @ 1:2 (1 part Black Cherry, 2 parts Cola). You could start low at maybe 1% BC and 2% Cola and move up from there if you need to. Also leave out the sweetener first, just to see what’s what.

As far as your mixed results,

That could be from the flavor profile, or mixing it too high, or both. I’ve damn near killed myself trying to get a good cherry anything, and I think the FA Black Cherry will rock your Cherry Coke, and I’ve also had stellar luck with FW Cherry Crush. I think for the Cherry Coke profile, the FA would suit it better.

5 Likes

Cheers for the advice mate

4 Likes

Sorry for my lack of knowledge lol. Is TPA, Flavour Apprentice?

2 Likes

Yes @Phil_Critch sorry about that. I always use TPA for the name for some reason.

2 Likes

Does the cola syrup require steeping or is it good to go from the off?

2 Likes

A Black Cherry is perfect for Cherry Coke, and I think FA’s is the best. Their Cola is also one of, if not the best Colas. Start with them low at first, as their stronger than TPA.

2 Likes