Some input Ideas to make this awesome site more...well AWESOME

I think @JoJo had some fun :wink:

4 Likes

So jealous right now haha!!! I have already noticed some flavors in my stash with warnings I did not know I hadā€¦already helping me outā€¦Thanks again!!

and im gonna try and read the thing about numbering a few more times and see if I get it HAHA jk :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ROFLMAO Look at the doggy!
EEDIT: sorry I forgot to add I love that name because I DO want to look at that cute doggy I just cant help it!!

You mean the dog on my Avatar? His name is Klyde. Klyde is my creepy smart dog. He learns new tricks in less than an hour. He can catch a frisbee better than a wide receiver from a 2 story porch. He can catch a piece of chicken in his mouth from 7 feet across the room in a lob - or line drive style (without missing). He can shake, do a high five, sit stay rollover and leap through a hula-hoop. He grumbles and snorts like a crabby old man when he wants something. If he needs water he brings me his bowl.

The downside to having a dog this smart is that he is an a**hole. Pretty sure he was a corrupt cop in his last life.

8 Likes

He looks like he sounds haha Total bad@$$!!

1 Like

He is force to be reckoned with but heā€™s also a sissy about a lot of things. He has bad separation anxiety so if we go out for a weekend he canā€™t be bordered. We have to pay my nephew to stay with him. He doesnā€™t want to be left alone - but he cant stand being in a car either. He starts panting and yawning and drooling all over the inside of the car and runs between windows. Crating him is a nightmare. If we go for a 5-6 hour ride he has to be in crate so he doesnā€™t drive us nuts so he will stand up the whole 6 hours whining. He is over protective of me to the point of being kind of border-line not safe to strangers. He hates teenage boys. If he sees one walking by the house heā€™ll sit by the window and growl under his breath till he cant see them anymore.

2 Likes

Things I need to make my life more Awsome pertaining to ELRā€¦
I need some sort of a chart that shows how much juice 1% is in 30 ml and 2% is in 30 ml, ect.
And maybe another one for 50 ml. I suppose if it is 100 ml you are making the percents and the mls would be the same. Eventually/soon Iā€™ll just make it myself, but someone whoā€™s good at this sort of thing might be able to make it up in only a minute using appropriate software.

I need someone to walk me step by step making and posting a recipe. Or I give up and I need to tell someone what I mixed and let them do it. Iā€™m willing to hire someone.
I spent a couple of hours putting in all my flavors in my flavor stash the other day. I pay $10 an hour or trade similarly. I tried to post a recipe, but it says thereā€™s something wrong with my amount of PG. Canā€™t figure out what Iā€™m doing wrong!

Iā€™m scared to post here about what I want to sellā€¦That people might think Iā€™m trying to make money off of them. Is it appropriate or where should I post itā€¦ if itā€™s okay and there is a thread for that. I have a bunch of vape stuff I want to unload or retire after I try it and move on. I donā€™t want much, only 1/4th what I paid plus shipping. I need to get rid of it so it doesnā€™t look like I have too much stuff! Eleven mods on the table is enough. Although I sayā€¦ If I have less than 20, itā€™s not too many (relating it to the number of cigs in a pack).

Someone needs to do mod repairs. Iā€™ve given away 2 broken mods and I have 2 right now that arenā€™t working. Anyone know what to do with them? One out of the 2 did get repaired and I let him keep them.

1 Like

@Ken_O_Where
Is that a new recipe that ended up tasting like douche water? Asian flavors ?

1 Like

Got ya covered on the first partā€¦let me know if this works.

I can also help walk you through creating a recipe on the site or try and diagnose why youā€™re having trouble. Send me a PM! :slight_smile:

@daath will have to answer about selling stuff. Thatā€™s all him. :wink:

Thanks JoJo. I was able to save it. Ahā€¦ I donā€™t know. If the recipe says 2.3%, then a chart still wonā€™t help me. Itā€™s okay.
I have issues and canā€™t handle any stress. For example, I used to balance my checkbook and stuff, but now-a-days there is something wrong with me and I canā€™t even handle simple things.
Yes, itā€™s very sad. I do alright. I make myself good ejuice, and Iā€™m happy and thatā€™s all that matters. Iā€™ll get to doing what I want eventually and in time. I think I know whatā€™s going on with the recipe making. All the flavors are PG based and it ends up thereā€™s too much PG for the ratio Iā€™m asking for. Another day.
I will remember and call upon you later if I need help. Thank you very, very much.

1 Like

A method to search for recipes by flavors, (not just your own) and to autocorrect the existing flavors to exist under the current names and correct any misspelling. I really like this site though, one of my most used websites for the past two years.

You can search for recipes by Flavor now.
Click on the flavor, then scroll down and you will see ā€˜REcipesā€™. Click on that to open
it up and see them all.

Also, you can help ā€˜clean upā€™ the database by using the ā€˜Duplicate checkerā€™ . I wish more
folk would pay attention to how they enter flavorings too.

3 Likes

I was more along the lines of search by how they have the search by stash, just search by all ingredients. not just one at a time.

Yes, the flavor name database needs cleaning up, if thatā€™s possible. Recently I added all my flavors to my Flavor Stash list. I was trying to put some in correctly rather than using an entry that was already in there and had an error, but it seemed like it wouldnā€™t take my entry. Iā€™m not experienced with using it, and Iā€™m not sure of itā€™s abilities or use. I did see that it would be nice if the list was not so extensive because there are thousands of entries in there that make no sense. Seems some people wanted to put the flavors in there with numbers or symbols in front of the name and stuff like that. I wish the flavor database could be cleaned up and all those odd balls were removed. That way, you could just bring up the list and pick flavors to add to your stash list. As it is, there are too many odd ball duplicates in there.

1 Like

If you follow these steps you should be able to create any recipe you want on the site:

1. On the homepage of the ELR, login and there will be a ā€˜Create recipeā€™ tab on the top next to the ELR logo. Click it.
  2. Put in the amount you want to make in ml.
  3. Choose your desired nic strength.
  4. Choose your PG and VG ratio. 80VG/20PG is what I make. This means your flavor total cannot be over 20% of the entire mixture. If you put 30% you will not get an error saying that there is something wrong with your PG amount as you would if trying to mix 25% total flavoring in a 80VG/20PG recipe. The max that would be able to make would be 75VG/25PGā€¦ Or if you like Max VG, you check the box for it and it will automatically adjust the VG/PG ratio according the amount of flavoring you use.
  5. Put in the strength of your nicotine concentrate. I use 100mg so I put 100.
  6. Now you need the ratio of your nicotine concentrate. I use 100% VG so my only PG comes from the flavoring I use in my actual recipe unless I need more to hit my 20% mark, then I add some PG to the mixture.
  7. Now you want to input the flavors you are using for the recipe you want to make. Add a flavor by clicking on the ā€˜Add Flavorā€™ box and simply type in the flavors name. A list will pull up with all the ones stored into the internal flavor list, not just yours. Find the one you are using and click it and put the percentage in that you want to use. (Cool little note here, you do not need to manually add any flavors to your stash. Once you create a recipe with that flavor in it, it automatically goes into your flavor stash).
  8. All the flavors you just put must not exceed the amount of PG you want in the VG/PG ratio. If you are not using 100% VG nicotine, then you must also account for that.
  9. Lastly, save your recipe either private or public. Also, once you have created a recipe and say you use 2.4% Blueberry from whatever vendor. The amount of juice that 2.4% is in ml is displayed as the far left number under the ml column. No need to do any calculations to see how much 5.75% of a flavor is in ml.

Hope this helps you out!

3 Likes

I honestly just think its not possible to keep people from typing in silly flavor names and it would take forever to delete the nonsense ones. I was thinking more along the lines of if the search bars automatically suggests potential matches(of ACTUAL flavors not fakes), then we could just click it and keep goingā€¦I was trying to just eliminate the headache of dealing with the others altogether, unless you limit what people are allowed to input into their recipes when they save them and that would kind of change the site I think.

1 Like

Not sure if you knew this but you can search by recipe and stashā€¦when searching through recipes you can click on some or all of your ingredients to search recipes including those ingredients that are checkedā€¦

1 Like

Is there a way to make the searches match exact spacing/spelling over Capital Letters and/or date(I think lol sorry I cant figure out how they sort currently)? Seems like it goes by capital letters or date created before closer matches? ā€¦that could help with searches a lot if its easy to change. Having a hard time getting flavors to pop up when typing them in. Example I did "Oba " or ā€œOba Obaā€ and it came up with a bunch of Tobaccos still not sure if its the way its searching or sorting but I am gonna get itā€¦I just dont wanna input any more incorrect flavors as we have already seen it making things tougher ā€¦does it sort flavor searches by date created? Sorry guys I like asking questions :stuck_out_tongue: I know your probably already working on things daath I really just love to brain storm Ideas to see if I could help make something easier to someone else somehowā€¦

Edit: I may have even confused myself a bit more hopping back and forth from flavor stash and flavor list They do seem to search differently between the two a bit so switching back and forth is NOT helping me figure it out lol but I am determined to stop putting in incorrect names accidentally!!(I just did it again, Im just too used to hitting enter after inputting info I guess its a bad habbit

Yet another edit lol: I dont think I should have been searching, posting or even something simple as inputting flavors as tired as I was when I wrote that post(long day and had just finally opened vape mail, wanted to mix too but I knew that was a BAAAD idea!!) Anyways I think I was mainly trying to make a note to have someone who knows the search patterns to help me figure it out so I know where in the list to look first just to save myself some time. I really get A D D and lose focus while I am doing things like this, for instance I kept typing in my flavoring under stash search instead of add new and taking a second to even realize what I just did :ghost:ā€¦So I hope I am not being an oddball and I appreciate anyone reading my ranting and hope its got some purpose to it and not just all madness, just hope no one takes offense. I want to reiterate how much I absolutely LOVE this site. I have at least 4 browser tabs of ELR open at all times. I really enjoy being a part of the community and appreciate all the help I get here along with being able to use this incredible site, and for FREE which happens to be my favorite price(although I will definitely be donating very soon to show at least some of my appreciation)

Iā€™d like a filter on the homepage to show recipes that contain no warnings

2 Likes

Is there a way to search for juices with 0nic?