Sunshine Coast Strawberries & Cream TimTams

Nice. He must have played his Luck card at the right time!

4 Likes

Reading through this thread I had to go searching to see if I could find me some of these stateside. Low and behold, you can even buy them on ebay.

But it seems you guys are all eating these wrong according to one reviewer. I had to giggle after reading this review…

“These are gorgeous. I 1st heard about then when Natalie Imbruglia took a packet on the Graham Norton show and she showed him how you bite the opposite corners off and suck a hot drink through it and then the caramel melts. Heaven. Hurry up Mr Postman”

5 Likes

I guess she was telling the truth lol.

5 Likes

If you want to go really Aussie you need to do this with Milo

https://images.app.goo.gl/PtQpcxQd29nvJ1BS8

5 Likes

Ok, but to go true authentic Aussie, I assume I need the tea? We have shit for tea over here, which I prefer over coffee (except when vaping… go figure).

I have had pretty good luck with a Twix candy bar. So to take a completely blind stab at this I would probably go with

There are a couple flavors in this I have never used, but based on flavor notes and recipes, I think this would be a tasty vape :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe some Malt added to the chocolate ???

3 Likes

Oh, nice. I bet that would be good.

4 Likes

Oh that’s a good idea :pray: VTA Milkshake Base may work, tried in chocolate before.

5 Likes

I have a recipe ready to mix for that raspberry coconut thingy that @Englishguy showed us the picture

3 Likes

@marsh8 I would like to see that recipe as that raspberry desiccated coconut covered in dark chocolate is so good

4 Likes

Those look delicious!

2 Likes

yep its the real deal a good friend of mine when he found out it was changing bought up big… he was kind enough to sling me 30ml i use it very sparingly…hahahahha im sure yu know of him @woftam ???

3 Likes

i do like the look of this one @LordVapor unfortunately again imn short on the MF…:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Dude, if that is all you are short on, swap in TPA SB Ripe, and negate the MF Chocolate and have a go. This is afterall a blind stab at a profile. Please… have fun and report back. Group effort :wink:

And if it gives you a laugh… I can’t even mix this yet :wink:

3 Likes

Ok i think i may have the base nailed down i tried to dodge the INW addition just because i know there would be a few without it… this rendition seems to be getting close there is some dryness to the biscuit profile which i think is necesary… one thing i do know is i could just vape this as is… its delicious

your thoughts …!!!

3 Likes

I still need to merge the Strawberry Layer down which has been the problem in my previous post i know your all thinking Gawd damn the deutch is high… yep your right it is… but the TimTam has a glossy almost ganash choc layer to it… which i found Cap’s MM helped along nicely… im gonna start throwing some strawberry at this monster…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

So many ideas but so hard to get the flavours…
For the Aussies, where do you get the flavours that are not available at Flavourworld?
Not many Aussie vendors will break the shipping ban here in South Australia so am curious…
Love me a nice Tim Tam, usually by the whole packet!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

Has anyone tried Walmart? I’ve bought TimTams there, although it was the Mint variety.

EDIT: Found them here.

https://theaustralianfoodshop.com/product/arnotts-tim-tam-crafted-sunshine-coast-strawberries-cream-160g/

Standard tracked shipping is $9.05, but could take 10 -27 days

4 Likes

Heyo…I’m not attempting anything because I’ve never worked with chocolates before but I just got the VTA Chocolate Mousse which is supposed to land smack in the middle of a milk and dark chocolate. @SessionDrummer reviewed it recently, remember? Would it be helpful to this mad chase?

3 Likes

That is one that I considered, never got around to trying it in it. Got distracted…
I am going to try and make a banana chocolate pudding with it this morning.

Because after 2 attempts, I figured it was one of those ones that you chase until the cows come home.

7 Likes