Vape Mail 2020

Well, that’s disappointing. I don’t use TC in anything but my DNA mods, but knowing that it will be underpowered in wattage mode, might drive me nuts. I have one on the way and hope it’s an issue that a firmware update might fix.

10 Likes

Yeah, I only do MTL so it is very apparent with my builds. Am waiting on an answer from Lost Vape regarding the issue.

7 Likes

Oh man, I have been looking hard at the Grus. Then all of a sudden 3 of you aren’t that impressed with it. Not only y’all either.

I think I’ll pass on it. Thank you guys!

11 Likes

Wouldn’t bother @Dan_the_Man, just doesn’t hit like it should…

7 Likes

ive been putting it through its paces today and last night and i dont know if im just getting used to it but it doesnt seem as bad as it first did.
In wattage mode anyhow.
it just sucked in TC mode for some reason and ive given up.
I think mjag hit it on the head when he said it was probably 5 to 10 watts underpowered in power mode.
So nothing to major but with the odin mini and cold steel next to it, all with a freshly charged 30t it is just noticeable.
TBH i dont mind it though, its growing on me.
No real biggy.
I now have mine 5 watts higher than the odin and cold steel and its decent.
I like the feel of it in hand and it has a good ergo shape and fire button placement to it.
Wonder if they they can improve performance a bit with a firmware update?

7 Likes

I dont get it.
Ogre reviewed that Grus and all values are fine (IMHO).

Are the ones you are complaining about defective?

Mine is coming in and i will give U my Screenshot from 2020-11-24 15-25-12

when its here.

10 Likes

Best I can surmise is that Lost Vape is having QC problems. A couple things I can think of right off the bat would be poor manufacturing process or cutting cost by using low tolerance components e.g. a resister with a 20% tolerance is much cheaper than one with a 5% tolerance. I think the units coming off the line are inconsistent and folks may get a good one or a not so good one. Obviously I got a good one but from numerous reports other folks are not. Please do let me know what you get. I will be posting an update to my review within the next day or so warning folks about this apparent problem. Lost Vape returned an email for ianc13 and their response is that the tolerance is fine. I don’t see a 10% variance in resistance readings fine myself. 40 Watts becomes 44 watts and 400°F becomes 440°F. Not cool.

11 Likes

I will
1 Grus coming from FT
1 Grus coming from a spanish vendor.

Please let me know what/how to measure, i am a Dummy
with a lot of equipment.
Ohm will be easy but temp?
is [https://www.conrad.com/p/voltcraft-mt-52-handheld-multimeter-digital-environmental-reading-mode-cat-iii-600-v-display-counts-4000-122900]

any good? Have one here.

Voltage reading range DC (min.) 0.1 mV
Voltage DC reading range (max.) 600 V
V AC reading range (min.) 0.1 mV
V AC reading range (max.) 600 V
Amperage reading range DC (min.) 0.1 µA
A DC reading range (max.) 10 A
A AC reading range (min.) 0.1 µA
Amperage reading range AC (max.) 10 A
Reading range - resistance 0.1 Ω - 40 MΩ MΩ
Reading range - capacity 0.01 nF -100 µF
Frequency reading range 0,001 Hz - 10 MHz MHz
Temperature -20 to +1300 °C
DC resistance 10 MΩ
AC resistance 10 MΩ
Basic accuracy 1.2 %
Measurement type Average
Frequency range 50 Hz - 400 Hz Hz
Interfaces none
Power supply (details) 9 V battery
Height 170 mm
Width 78 mm
Weight 335 g
Calibrated to

Manufacturer’s standards (no certificate)
Reading category CAT III 600 V
Voltage metering AC/DC
Current reading AC/DC
Type MT-52
Display Digital
Display (counts) 4000
Dim (W x H) 78 mm x 170 mm
Calibration (to standard) ISO/DAkkS
Can be calibrated to ISO/DAkkS
Features Environmental reading mode
Temperature reading range (max.) +1300 °C
Temperature reading range (min.) -20 °C
A/AC reading range 0.1 µA – 10 A A
Reading range A DC 0.1 µA - 10 A
Product type Handheld multimeter

7 Likes

Have not used that meter but you can set it for Ω, put one lead in the red socket and the other in the black com. Measure across the coil with the coil not plugged into the mod. Hopefully you can get two digits to the left of the decimal point. Compare that reading to what your mod reads for resistance. If that doesn’t work just try other mod(s) and compare. That’s where the problem is. That effects the output in both wattage and TC modes. Oh, and don’t touch the leads when you do the measurement. Your body resistance will effect the reading.

OOooPs, never mind on the meter. Just read the specs (always read the manual last) and the meter only goes down to .1Ω It would need to go to .01Ω. Use other mod(s) to compare.

8 Likes

i have other stuff for ohm…
was asking about resister and temperature stuff…

can we continue via pm, donot wanna hijack this thread

5 Likes

You’re all good. Resister is Ohm. Don’t worry about temperature. It will follow the deviation in resistance.

7 Likes

Screenshot from 2020-11-24 16-55-21

9 Likes

I have my Grus arriving today. Will chime in once I’ve had it running for a few days :+1:

10 Likes

Just received today 3 x Blotto Bubble Glass (6ml) and 3 x Tauren Beest Bubble Glass (4.5ml)
Arrived well packaged in 15 days ($15.98 with free shipping) from China. Great job VapeGlassTank :+1:

15 Likes

Love those packing containers!!!
Wish all atty glass shipped that way!

12 Likes

Best glass packing I’ve seen - have had broken glass in the usual polystyrene boxes before. I’m sure I can re-purpose these as well.

10 Likes

Got these in last week

11 Likes

Thanks man. I still might get one. The problem for me is that I thought Lost Vape used better
material, as Ogre said, probably a QC problem. Should I flip the coin? They are going pretty cheap right now.

8 Likes

$24.99

9 Likes

im happy with mine for what i paid
Ive just been using it in power mode though.
Ive been meaning to muck around with TC again but havent got around to it…
I reckon, if you can get one cheap enough, go for it.
For $25 to $30 id say its worth it no problem.
See they are as low as $19 at eightvape?
Mjag’s your man for a better opinion if its worth it though.
I dont think i’ll buy another mod without asking him what he thinks about it lol.
Or the ogre

10 Likes