Vape Mail 2020

yeah ive looked at the 3000
Im wondering if it wouldnt be to bad considering how much actual use it would cop?
If your using them for prolonged periods, polishing, engraving etc yeah, it probably craps itself pretty quick but a zap here and there with the GC might not be to hard on it?
The 4000 is clearly a superior device
cheers bro, most helpful.

one other thing if you dont mind buddy
Whats your GT sonic UC like?
Im tossing up between that and the other similar models on ebay (branded yosoo among other names)
The gt sonic has a 1-99 minute timer and the other 1-30 mins.
Everything else looks the same but the gt sonic is $30 to $40 bucks dearer.
I like the look of the GT sonic but i wouldnt mind some hands on feedback first?

3 Likes

First up with the 3000 if you buy it new it will be under warranty so it may well be worth the gamble. Due to the low torque load compared to other dremel tasks I don’t think the lower power level should be a problem. My GT Sonic is great. Had it a couple of years. Heating function is good (and accurate). I use it for cleaning attys, keeping VG warm, and degassing mixes. Can’t remember how much I paid (will get back to you on that). Was only 8 days delivery from Ali Express

6 Likes

I picked up the Dremel 4000 from Mitre 10, and being a clever bugger, I checked out Bunnings and found it cheaper, and then told Mitre 10 that I wanted their lower price guarantee, and they cut Bunnings price by 15%.
So far I’m very happy with the 4000.

7 Likes

Bunnings and Mitre10 had them both in stock last month now they’re both sold out. How much did you pay for yours (if you don’t mind me asking?)

6 Likes

I’m not sure of the exact amount but I think it was just under $200

6 Likes

Mitre 10 online has a 4000 kit listed at $219, but it’s out of stock

6 Likes

just got a cold steel, a grus and another sx mini t class
Also grabbed a 510 adapter for my voopoo drag max and an auguse draw RTA to try a little MTL
I thought the little belt case that comes with the cold steel was great until i realized its a bit pointless when it wont really work or be of much use with an atty on the mod?
Why would someone want to carry just the mod around on your belt?
Its a nice little mod however
You were so right about the grus being underpowered mjag.
Its not quite as noticeable in power mode as it is in TC.
I need to add at least 50 to 60 degree F in TC mode to get a decent toke.
Its still ok though
also had some aussie coils arrive
thanks to Ianc for the tip

8 Likes

How you liking the Grus @bede1? It’s great looking but not sure if mine has an issue maybe. Waiting to hear back from Lost Vape.

14 Likes

i like it but as i wrote, its noticeably underpowered.
In power mode its not as bad but in TC its considerable

Ive been sticking to power mode though and strangely enough after using it all day and night the less the underpower issue seems to be there.
So yeah, in power mode im liking it.
Im vaping at 10w more than i normally do and it seems fine.
Whats the issue with yours?

8 Likes

@bede1, Same underpowered issue and reading coils well under what every other mod says they are. Also, my TC just doesn’t seem to work. Goes straight to temp cutoff regardless of what coil I have on it. Have a query in at Lost Vape presently so be interesting to see what they say.

6 Likes

Well, that’s disappointing. I don’t use TC in anything but my DNA mods, but knowing that it will be underpowered in wattage mode, might drive me nuts. I have one on the way and hope it’s an issue that a firmware update might fix.

10 Likes

Yeah, I only do MTL so it is very apparent with my builds. Am waiting on an answer from Lost Vape regarding the issue.

7 Likes

Oh man, I have been looking hard at the Grus. Then all of a sudden 3 of you aren’t that impressed with it. Not only y’all either.

I think I’ll pass on it. Thank you guys!

11 Likes

Wouldn’t bother @Dan_the_Man, just doesn’t hit like it should

7 Likes

ive been putting it through its paces today and last night and i dont know if im just getting used to it but it doesnt seem as bad as it first did.
In wattage mode anyhow.
it just sucked in TC mode for some reason and ive given up.
I think mjag hit it on the head when he said it was probably 5 to 10 watts underpowered in power mode.
So nothing to major but with the odin mini and cold steel next to it, all with a freshly charged 30t it is just noticeable.
TBH i dont mind it though, its growing on me.
No real biggy.
I now have mine 5 watts higher than the odin and cold steel and its decent.
I like the feel of it in hand and it has a good ergo shape and fire button placement to it.
Wonder if they they can improve performance a bit with a firmware update?

7 Likes

I dont get it.
Ogre reviewed that Grus and all values are fine (IMHO).

Are the ones you are complaining about defective?

Mine is coming in and i will give U my Screenshot from 2020-11-24 15-25-12

when its here.

10 Likes

Best I can surmise is that Lost Vape is having QC problems. A couple things I can think of right off the bat would be poor manufacturing process or cutting cost by using low tolerance components e.g. a resister with a 20% tolerance is much cheaper than one with a 5% tolerance. I think the units coming off the line are inconsistent and folks may get a good one or a not so good one. Obviously I got a good one but from numerous reports other folks are not. Please do let me know what you get. I will be posting an update to my review within the next day or so warning folks about this apparent problem. Lost Vape returned an email for ianc13 and their response is that the tolerance is fine. I don’t see a 10% variance in resistance readings fine myself. 40 Watts becomes 44 watts and 400°F becomes 440°F. Not cool.

11 Likes

I will
1 Grus coming from FT
1 Grus coming from a spanish vendor.

Please let me know what/how to measure, i am a Dummy
with a lot of equipment.
Ohm will be easy but temp?
is [https://www.conrad.com/p/voltcraft-mt-52-handheld-multimeter-digital-environmental-reading-mode-cat-iii-600-v-display-counts-4000-122900]

any good? Have one here.

Voltage reading range DC (min.) 0.1 mV
Voltage DC reading range (max.) 600 V
V AC reading range (min.) 0.1 mV
V AC reading range (max.) 600 V
Amperage reading range DC (min.) 0.1 ”A
A DC reading range (max.) 10 A
A AC reading range (min.) 0.1 ”A
Amperage reading range AC (max.) 10 A
Reading range - resistance 0.1 ℩ - 40 M℩ M℩
Reading range - capacity 0.01 nF -100 ”F
Frequency reading range 0,001 Hz - 10 MHz MHz
Temperature -20 to +1300 °C
DC resistance 10 M℩
AC resistance 10 M℩
Basic accuracy 1.2 %
Measurement type Average
Frequency range 50 Hz - 400 Hz Hz
Interfaces none
Power supply (details) 9 V battery
Height 170 mm
Width 78 mm
Weight 335 g
Calibrated to

Manufacturer’s standards (no certificate)
Reading category CAT III 600 V
Voltage metering AC/DC
Current reading AC/DC
Type MT-52
Display Digital
Display (counts) 4000
Dim (W x H) 78 mm x 170 mm
Calibration (to standard) ISO/DAkkS
Can be calibrated to ISO/DAkkS
Features Environmental reading mode
Temperature reading range (max.) +1300 °C
Temperature reading range (min.) -20 °C
A/AC reading range 0.1 ”A – 10 A A
Reading range A DC 0.1 ”A - 10 A
Product type Handheld multimeter

7 Likes

Have not used that meter but you can set it for Ω, put one lead in the red socket and the other in the black com. Measure across the coil with the coil not plugged into the mod. Hopefully you can get two digits to the left of the decimal point. Compare that reading to what your mod reads for resistance. If that doesn’t work just try other mod(s) and compare. That’s where the problem is. That effects the output in both wattage and TC modes. Oh, and don’t touch the leads when you do the measurement. Your body resistance will effect the reading.

OOooPs, never mind on the meter. Just read the specs (always read the manual last) and the meter only goes down to .1Ω It would need to go to .01Ω. Use other mod(s) to compare.

8 Likes

i have other stuff for ohm

was asking about resister and temperature stuff

can we continue via pm, donot wanna hijack this thread

5 Likes