What do you really hate? (II)

Pointlessly long meetings where mundane whinging hijacks the agenda: They make my lines verge on canyons.

meeting

3 Likes

Smoke. So. Much. Smoke.

When the missus and I were deciding whether or not to rebuild in CA or move elsewhere, we joked that at least we wouldn’t have to run from another conflagration like the Camp Fire. What we didn’t plan on was half the damn state catching fire at once and making everything smell like burnt marshmallows. Can’t even get work done outside simply because within 5 seconds of stepping out the door my eyes start burning and my sinuses go into Niagara Mode trying to flush all of the crap out.

Such is another lovely day in Red Sky, CA…

5 Likes

Been monitoring all the activity up in your area. How far away are you from the fire? Last I heard it was about 45 miles from you. Had a good friend of mine travel from Grant’s Pass OR to Redbluff and she said the smoke was horrible. In some spots she couldn’t make out the stoplights. You be careful with all that smoke. Hope you and yours are safe.

5 Likes

Again… /sigh

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that @paingawd, as you’ve already had MORE than your fair share of sh!t. I’m going to keep you guys and yours in our prayers.

5 Likes

For newer members, …

4 Likes

We’re doing well-Only good thing about rebuilding in the burn scar is that there’s not much left to burn! :crazy_face:

The Dixie Fire is about 50-60 miles up the road, with the Monument and McFarland fires being about 100-150. The problem is that the M&M fires are west of us, with a strong wind blowing in off the coast which is pushing all of the smoke up against the Sierra and Cascade ranges. As it piles up against the mountains, all of that smoke has filled up the valley and has created a miasma of misery and PTS triggers. I’ve got family that has been actively battling the Dixie for three weeks and some that are getting threatened by the Caldor Fire.

Can someone PLEASE start up a raindance?!?!?!?!?

Thanks, brother. Big hugs to you and yours! Also to everyone else-We need more hugs, dammit.

4 Likes

Much love, my brother. Big hugs from smoky Paradise!

3 Likes

Hurricanes suck.

@whthek how you making out ?

5 Likes
3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Same story, different source, maybe won’t get flagged now ? Unsure …

4 Likes

Thank’s for askin’, SD! Right now, just breezy…my biggest concern is the 100ft. tall White Pine tree’s that encompass my entire neighborhood! With the ground being so saturated, because of this wet summer we’re having, I have an eerie feeling my new generator will be thoroughly ‘broken in’ before everything get’s back to normal. We shall see, right. Nickname given my area year’s ago…‘Whispering’ Pines…yeah right…:laughing: they snap off like twigs without too much force. Wish me luck!

4 Likes

How many Americans (or any civilians) will these injure ??

• -2,000 Armored Vehicles Including Humvees and MRAP’s
  • -75,989 Total Vehicles: FMTV, M35, Ford Rangers, Ford F350, Ford Vans, Toyota Pickups, Armored Security Vehicles etc
  • -45 UH-60 Blachhawk Helicopters
  • -50 MD530G Scout Attack Choppers
  • -ScanEagle Military Drones
  • -30 Military Version Cessnas
  • -4 C-130’s
  • -29 Brazilian made A-29 Super Tocano Ground Attack Aircraft
  • 208+ Aircraft Total
  • -At least 600,000+ Small arms M16, M249 SAWs, M24 Sniper Systems, 50 Calibers, 1,394 M203 Grenade Launchers, M134 Mini Gun, 20mm Gatling Guns and Ammunition
  • -61,000 M203 Rounds
  • -20,040 Grenades
  • -Howitzers
  • -Mortars +1,000’s of Rounds
  • -162,000 pieces of Encrypted Military Comunications Gear
  • -16,000+ Night Vision Goggles
  • -Newest Technology Night Vision Scopes
  • -Thermal Scopes and Thermal Mono Googles
  • -10,000 2.75 inch Air to Ground Rockets
  • -Recconaissance Equipment (ISR)
  • -Laser Aiming Units
  • -Explosives Ordnance C-4, Semtex, Detonators, Shaped Charges, Thermite, Incendiaries, AP/API/APIT
  • -2,520 Bombs
  • -Administration Encrypted Cell Phones and Laptops all operational
  • -Pallets with Millions of Dollars in US Currency
  • -Millions of Rounds of Ammunition including but not limited to 20,150,600 rounds of 7.62mm, 9,000,000 rounds of 50.caliber
  • -Large Stockpile of Plate Carriers and Body Armor
  • -US Military HIIDE, for Handheld Interagency Identity Detection Equipment Biometrics
  • -Lots of Heavy Equipment Including Bull Dozers, Backhoes, Dump Trucks, Excavators
2 Likes

I’m going to send them an email and see if they want to sell a few thousands rounds. Even with shipping costs it’ll probably be cheaper than buying it locally.

4 Likes

Hehe, watch out @natbone. In the current political environment, you might JUST be labeled as something “naughty”.

4 Likes

Surely they would WAIVE the “Adult Signature”, right ??

3 Likes

I’ll ask them to write on the shipping label, “No vape stuff in here.” That should satisfy the USPS.

3 Likes

Septic tanks…that decide to return their contents to its original owners.

7 Likes