What Do You Really Hate? (III)

Aw hell, brother. My condolences. Wishing you peace in this time of grief-HUGS

4 Likes

Thanks @muth, I clicked through some of the other links from your link and found this:

Which in turn was referencing this paper: https://academic.oup.com/ntr/article-abstract/16/10/1319/2509282

That paper had a couple of sentences in the abstract:

Increasing voltage from 3.2 to 4.8V resulted in a 4 to more than 200 times increase in formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, and acetone levels. The levels of formaldehyde in vapors from high-voltage device were in the range of levels reported in tobacco smoke.

So moral of the story is err on the side of lower power / heat…?

I just checked my Vaporesso XR Luxe Max. I’m using an MTL 0.8 ohm pod at 14W. That implies a 3.3V (Voltage = sqrt(Power * Resistance)), which is on the low end of the quoted 3.2V to 4.8V range. 4.8V at the same resistance would imply 28.8W, which is way out of range.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot @paingawd. It seems you and I were just doing this before, with our other clan loss Kit Kat. Thank you brother.

3 Likes

Aww man, I’m sorry to hear this. Had to accompany my ex to put her dog Buddy down a couple of weeks ago. Saying goodbye to a member of the family always hurts. Sorry for your loss my friend.

4 Likes

Thank you @Lostmarbles. You are 100% correct, as always.

4 Likes

Oh, I’m so sorry to hear this, SD. You know that I know. Please take advantage of the thread on Pet Loss when you’re ready. There’s some excellent support on those pages. May Swiper’s loving spirit Godspeed to the Rainbow Bridge :rainbow: :heart:

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be too concerned. My understanding is that it takes an enormous amount of heat (more than the average vaper would use) to produce that effect. Plus, he did say it was his conjecture and not 100% proven yet. Whatever the case may turn out to be, no one claims vaping to be 100% risk free, it’s a harm reduction method. The proof is in the pudding. Has your health improved since you quit cigs and started vaping? Mine has. My doctor is happy so I’m happy.

4 Likes

Good stuff @muth.

2 Likes

Thank you very much @muth, and yes, I know what you’ve recently been through. I hesitated to post anything, because you guys don’t “know” our pets. Who comes to a mixing / DIY site for pet loss LOL. Either way, I had some people texting asking if everything was OK, because I’d pulled back a bit, so I felt I should post something.

We rescue (save) all of our animals, and some (most) are really in need. Most are complicated, and can really take some time and effort, BUT, once they make “the turn”, it’s a success story. Sometimes, just sometimes, you have a REALLY hard luck case, and it doesn’t seem like ANY way, it will work out. Then, as if by some miracle, it does. Those “miracles” are the hardest to loose, and the hardest to let go of. This WAS the case with Swiper. We just lost another one of our adults not terribly long ago, and Kit Kat, was also one of those special cases.

I think @paingawd messaged me some really kind, and thoughtful words when we lost Kit Kat. The more you invest, the longer you have, and the deeper the connection, the harder it is, to break it.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing those details. All our animals were rescues too and I think you know that Nikko was a difficult case as well. Your arrow goes straight to the heart…I get it.

4 Likes

He kinda looked like my Sis. If I know her, she likely looked him up and down at the rainbow bridge and said “Whatevs, dude” :laughing:

8 Likes

I had 4 dogs at one time. All rescuers. Because they were roughly the same age, they all passed within a year of the previous one. It was a very tough stretch. I have one of the four left and she’s getting on in years and I’m dreading thinking about when her time will be up. In the meantime, she gets chicken, fish and steak cooked by me every night and a lift up and off my bed when she needs it. They aren’t pets, they’re family and they contribute in their own way. Absolutely nothing wrong with posting about them here and anyone having a furry, scaly, feathery family member knows this.

7 Likes

That is what I am going through at the moment, I have 4 dogs and all are between 12-14 yrs old and I’ve rescued them all since they were 1 year old or younger. I feel like it won’t be long before I have to release my 2nd oldest.

8 Likes

I understand what you’re going through KC. It’s sad, but we hold on to all the smiles they provide while they are here

6 Likes

Wow @Lostmarbles that is the worst, for lack of better words. Thank you FOR rescuing, for every one we save, it’s one LESS, that NEEDS to be saved. Thank you.

5 Likes

I know that feeling @KC111. Live every day with them, as best as you can. Worry about the rest later. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s Holiday fun time!

6 Likes

Sorry to hear this KC111. I remember the day Nikko’s vet gave me that look and told me to start thinking about letting him go within the next couple of weeks. I’m sure I turned pale as a ghost. I agreed to administer palliative care as long as possible and my vet sympathetically understood. Turned out that Nikko lived for another year! A year that I’ll never forget and am so grateful to have had. Geez, just talking about it brings tears to my eyes even now. Damn, I miss that guy, he was so special to me. Hang in their darling, we’re here if you need us.

5 Likes

She’s beautiful!

3 Likes

Oh em gee !!! I heard about this on the radio and of course you come to my mind. I remember you and @mjag were trapped under the heat dome last year. Please please be careful. I still can’t get over the 16% humidity. That is an unknown phenomena here. How does everything not dry up and crack?

5 Likes