What do you use for measuring?

Yes I learned my lesson the hard way :astonished::joy: no more pressy tips!!

2 Likes

I was filling my tank in the car before work one morning and boom there it was all over me and the car. I was not a happy camper.:sob:

2 Likes

Hate to ask,cuz I know you have answered before somewhereā€¦ where do you buy those please?

You should be able to find what you need with these links. If you want just the caps to fit flavor bottle you need the 24-410 size capsā€¦

Amazon search for bottles, click

Ebay search for bottles, click

Thatā€™s caps for 4oz - 16oz flavor bottles @Alisa

3 Likes

i use theseā€¦options are goodā€¦:smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve looked up scales a need to see if one I have goes to 0.01ā€¦ Then will go from there .

2 Likes

Right now I use syringes & droppers & mix in a 4 oz. Measuring shot glass. Scales where ordered tonight along with a Joyetech eVic VTC Mini. Iā€™m looking forward to mixing by weight & learning to wrap SS coils.

3 Likes

Howā€™d this work out for you? Holding on to one pipette for old time sake or for use with wizard lab vials? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Iā€™m still using syringes! The scale I ordered was defective so had to do the ā€œRefund Danceā€! :dancing_women:
Decided on a different model after that which hasnā€™t arrived yet. :mailbox_with_no_mail:
Iā€™ll post what I think of the change but after seeing a scale wig-out, Iā€™ll keep my syringes in the mixing kit. :wink:

4 Likes

I keep a few pipettes and syringes around for good measure myself. :wink: They do come in hand, even after you start mixing with a scale.

Good luck on the next scale! Hope it proves to be a happy one this time! :grinning:

1 Like

the only thing I use syringes on is my nic:slightly_smiling:

5 Likes

What kind if scale did you order from an where ā€¦

I-2000 500g x 0.01g Digital Scale w/ Weighing Tray
500gx0.01g, Silver / SKU: 2050005
Ordered from: www.fasttech.com

Itā€™s a really nice scale thatā€™s sensitive enough it registers a drop! I pour most things straight from its bottle!
It doesnā€™t do the auto-off most of these scales are known for but will stay on for 60 seconds without additions. Iā€™m able to put together a 10 ingredient recipe without it ever shutting down, just remember to hit the tare key to zero it out betwwen additions. It has auto calibration also. Just read the small leaflet that comes with & it explains all.
It was a bit more expensive than the others but I have to wait close to a month to receive shipments here in the states and didnā€™t want to risk ordering a $1.99 scale, this one is currently listed for $13.35.
Good luck!

2 Likes
1 Like

Iā€™ve been using syringes which is okay for now, itā€™s cheap and reletively effective. I do plan on moving to the scale though as I like my measurements to be as precise as possible (my g.f rags me for it.) I just donā€™t think you can get the same degree of accuracy with syringes as with a scale, even if itā€™s an incredibly small increment. Now the question is, which scale to get.

2 Likes

I also use that same scale. Thanks again to @LordVapor for that :slight_smile:

I have this scale, itā€™s marked as model i-2000.
I think there are bad version of this as mine will slowly drop its value.
for instance, i just turn on scale and placed tray on the scales, this came out as 21.09g but in the 1 minute i just left it (before it auto shut off) it had dropped to 20.90g.

I also tried blowing on the scales to stop it shutting down, it dropped to 20.66g after a 2-3 minutes, i could see it dropping 0.02 grams every 15 seconds.
If i power of the scales and back on the lid weighs the same (21.09g)

I have seen that you can turn the auto shutdown off by holding down the tar button until number are shown then you choose 0 to disable. Mine does not do this so i believe i have a cheap copy of the scales.

Does anyone else notice a drop or can disable the auto shutdown?

1 Like

I have the Etekcity one from Amazon. I donā€™t use the tray at all and have a little bit of fluctuation, but itā€™s usually only if I have the fan on in my room. It has a hard time registering a single drop, but I know from experience that it is almost always 0.03g so if Iā€™m close I just do a drop and call it even. Sometimes blowing on it after I add a drop or two will help it stabilize, sometimes it goes to where I know its supposed to be but will drop back down. Overall though, I have enough experience with it to know how it works and it isnā€™t really an issue. I like it well enough; it was cheap, itā€™s small, gets the job done, and itā€™s super light.

I know there are a couple that look similar and if yours doesnā€™t let you change the shutoff it may be that it is a cheaper version, like you said. You could try changing the batteries for some better quality ones. You might be better off just getting a new scale if itā€™s giving you trouble.

4 Likes

I am looking for another scale but this one will do for now, i just have to record each value before adding each ingredient, power off and on then compare.
Even with this it is still better than using syringes which i would be if it were not for this site.

3 Likes