WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (III)

The first two layers I get. It’s the last one that gets me in trouble. I got the two layers correct and the top is yellow.
It’s setting the final corners that fucks me up. Again and again.

Me too! Found two cupboards full of NET’s when I started emptying out cupboards I was going to throw away. I had to pack them up too for the eventual move. I completely forgot about most of them.
I’m about ready to go when it comes to packing. All I need is the house.

7 Likes

I know the feeling. We had a tree fall our house a couple of years ago and insurance put us up in a motel for a month… not a fun thing at all.

5 Likes

Finding this delicious gem of Chicken of the Woods today! :drooling_face: :yum:

11 Likes

I’m still in my old house. They want to renovate soon and get rid of us. They have to find me a house first.
One I like or I’m not leaving. They know that. I want to live close to my favourite park and a decent garden for the dog and myself naturally.
About the same space as I have now but not lots of little rooms. Big rooms please.
I’m waiting. As soon as they offer me something I like, I will be ready to move over as soon as the floors are ready.

5 Likes

Great find @mstokens !!!

6 Likes

@mstokens I had no idea. Birds of a feather …

3 Likes

We had 3 huge oaks in the yard… promptly had them cut down and removed. Now I rely on my neighbors for shade :sunglasses:

3 Likes
6 Likes

I solved both of them this evening. Well, night.

7 Likes

Philly isn’t ALL bad.

10 Likes

I just solved the cube in 8 minutes. That’s a step up from 9 days.

7 Likes

There must be some kinda trick to that?! How TF do they do it in like 10 seconds?!

4 Likes

Are you sure they didn’t just unbox the bloody thing?

6 Likes

I used to do them all the time YEARS ago @D.Sims. You choose a solve color, and work to solve the face for that color, and work down the layers. As you move down the layers, there are only soo many different patterns of colors that need to be moved/exchanged/shifted/rotated. There are defined moves for each pattern. It becomes muscle memory, or at least it did for me. I can still remember the patterns, but I can’t remember all of the moves. I never came close to 10 seconds, but it’s all about the patterns, and associated moves required.

6 Likes

6 Likes

I remember throwing many against a cinder block wall. Problem solved :laughing:

10 Likes

I just pulled the stickers off :grin:

10 Likes

At least you had the patience to peel them off :wink:

9 Likes

![Productvisuals_Speedcubes-QiYi-mini-3x3-sleutelhanger-3-1|475x500]

I have a lot of throwing to do in that case. I think I’m hooked. Why didn’t I discover these things before?
I bought a yo-yo too. I must be regressing to former times. What’s the word for that again? :thinking:

8 Likes

Love yo yos! Don’t remember many of the tricks, but there is some satisfaction in the feel of it slapping into the palm of your hand. I got a few Duncans around the house that I find when I’m cleaning up or looking for something else. Finding forgotten yo yo = instant distraction.

9 Likes