What have YOU done for ELR lately ? What's ELR mean to you?

You’re dealing with a drummer here… :wink:
They go down to 8ths, 16ths, and thirty-seconds.
grins

5 Likes

Please don’t take offense… but, this thread is funny to me in a way and in other ways, not so funny. However, the thread does make people think.

For me, it brings back memories of social life family gatherings with my ex-wife. My ex-wife had an aunt, who, at every family gathering… which usually centered around people sitting at a table and stuffing their faces with all kind of crap that they didn’t need to put in their body… would require everyone in the family to stop shoveling food in their pie holes just long enough for them to stand up and tell what Jesus had done for them since the last family gathering.

Well… They found out pretty quickly that they had a heathen/atheist in their midst, when I stood up and walked away from the table when it came my turn. :rofl:

That moment was so uncomfortable for everyone in the family, I was henceforth excused from every future family eating meeting. :sunglasses: Standing up for what you believe has its benefits. :grinning: The benefit of that action was me, being able to treat myself to a nice, quiet steak or bbq dinner somewhere else, during the hours of the “blessed” family get together.

But… I digress. :wink: So… this one goes out to you, Ex-Aunt June!

What do I do for ELR? :thinking: I herd cats!

:laughing:

14 Likes

Irony, no? :wink:

4 Likes

I try to teach beginners how to use the ELR calculator to figure out what median flavors are, how to adapt recipes, and list their flavors here so others can help them learn by seeing how to build recipes by mixing up some of the great recipes already here. There is rarely a day that goes by that I don’t push our group into using ELR. It’s the easiest calculator to use and on the recipe side, it’s the most valuable tool a mixer can have.

9 Likes

Who doesn’t like cats ??

5 Likes

There’s a new Sheriff in town

6 Likes

Meet “Marshall Law”, the baddest cat you ever saw sheriff the humble town of Saint Eagle’s Craw ! :clown_face:

3 Likes

When I was around 6-7 years old, my parent broke it to me that “Santa Claus” was in reality “fake news”. They were a bit shocked when I immediately then nailed them on their similar insistence that certain “holy figures” also existed. They were taken aback by that - but asked me if still wanted to attend Sunday school (to me, unwelcome mind-control). No. Did I then still want to attend church with them ? No. Mortified they were, but I do thank and respect them for honoring my individual wishes expressed.

6 Likes

Raven, I haven’t seen you post anything on my thread that relates to what you have done for ELR, helped any members, etc. Could you please move your pollution to another thread.

4 Likes

Well, with my short experience, I can not do much for ELR, I make a donation from time to time, I try to answer the newest than me, and little else. I bite my tongue to not politicize the forum … And I receive a lot, a lot of knowledge from very advanced people in the mix … Thank you all, and don’t forget that if you visit Barcelona, I invite you to a beer

10 Likes

Outstanding @Gus6, thank you very much, and stay safe over there.

9 Likes

Yeah, missed a few cats. Just saying.

For me, and for ELR, I try to be nicer. Let me tell you, that is the gift that keeps on giving!

I also try to make people laugh. In these times stress can build and we just need to have a good laugh. I know I have made @SmilingOgre snort a leg bone out of his nostril a time or two.

11 Likes

Yah!! The State of Rhode Island finally caught up with the extra 600 a week Unemjoyment payments, retroactive,now I can donate too! (And pay the mortgage!) woohoo!

10 Likes

I always read your SFT, and find them SO useful. Helped me out no end, and saved me a ton of money. So a huge thank you for that. What have I done? Well, I respond to people’s queries if I’m able to help. I donate when I’m able, as this site has been invaluable to me in my mixing career, and, to be honest, I don’t know how I would have managed without it, certainly in the early days. There is another site doing a similar thing (mentioning no names) but for me ELR is much easier to work with, has many more useful functions, and I’m old school anyway, and if it works, don’t fix it. I try to be helpful and positive, but, like everyone else here, I’m human (well, as near as damn it) so forgive me if I don’t always live up to my own high standards. Stay well everyone. Peace.

9 Likes

And I thought I’d gone over the top with 300.

5 Likes

Hello ELR family…, really… truthfully… I haven’t done shit here to help any1…, I’m still considered a noob I guess… thank all of u for everything u do & have done…, not just for the help or the deals u guys find & post…, @anon84779643 & @SessionDrummer and any1 else who has helped any1… thank u ALL for biting ur tongue to help us beginners out…, there is a LOT to read on ELR & some ppl probably get tired of searching thru dif. posts for an answer to a question…, but thank all of u for everything u do…, it means quite a bit to have a little guidance & kind words thru all of this *ignorance- I guess u could say… something tht just about all beginners have🤭

7 Likes

@Steve68 great post, and thank you very much for your kind words, and giving back to ELR.

3 Likes

Thank you @St3v0. :wink:

4 Likes

I could post up a couple recipes that I made, but I’m not sure if anybody would like any of them…, when I first started conversating about DIY last year I was looking on the web for flavors & saw that TFA had hellaciouslly cheap prices, so I ordered quite a few bigger bottles… I hadn’t read anything about mixing or anything of that nature…, I just made bottles up off recommended percentages & my thoughts… A couple of them have been ok…, but I have got more misses than hits with different batches…, & I finally started doing a little research on mixing & I c where I’ve made a lot of mistakes🤨 I could find the recipes & post em if anybody wants…

4 Likes

My thoughts exactly. But you can share here without making them public on the other side.

5 Likes