5 Likes

I’ve tried 3 chrome, firefox and safari

I’m out of ideas now, tried again this morning

3 Likes

Yes steep time is a huge difference …SC hands down

4 Likes

Just picked up some more, thank you!

4 Likes

I’ve finally gotten back around to testing this one. I’m glad I mixed 3 different concentrations 9%, 13%, and 16% totals. I’m seriously liking this at 16% it has a great mouth coating feel and it tends to linger on the tongue just like a fine quality Irish Cream.

I’m going to be trying a few subs (gonna try subbing with SSA Chocolate Mousse, Cap Vanilla Milk Froth, FE Caramel Mocha, and SSA Ice Cream Vanilla) seeing as how VTA is getting harder to find.

6 Likes

Currently going back to one of my recipe ideas that showed some merit. My Maple Glazed Long John, and since I bought of all of these FLV flavors for the contest, I figured I might as well use them for their intended purpose. I found that I was way off on my usage of certain flavors. The maple flavor conflicted “A WHOLE LOT” with the Crisp Donut, almost as if both flavors were fighting for dominance. So I stripped it down and started over. After retesting Crisp Donut I found out that I like it when used at half the recommended %. and then adding in some Fried Dough and Sweet dough it creates a much better doughnut flavor.

The Original (no longer avail but it shows the flavors and %.)

And the Rebuilt Version

6 Likes

Happy Juneteenth America, today is a day dedicated to celebrating accomplishments, justice, freedom and the continuing struggle for equity!

5 Likes

I love Maple and find it so hard to get right. Thx for this, I’ll try it. Missing one flavor though, the Crispy Donut :roll_eyes: Btw, what’s a Long John? Is that some kind of Texan thing?

2 Likes

I’d love to know how that goes because I’ll be able to mix that one. Just need the Nomz Whiskey (cream)

2 Likes

I think it’s a Canadian thing. I grew up outside of Niagara Falls. Whenever I’d go into Canada I’d get a Maple Long John it’s just a rectangular donut filled with custard and a maple frosting on top.

3 Likes

I think its like a chocolate eclair , no ?

4 Likes
5 Likes

A long John is a 1 1/2" by 3" by 8" sweet dough usually frosted with a white vanilla icing. I have seen them with chocolate icing too.
Lived in a Swedish neighborhood growing up and on the weekends my parents would go to the local Swedish bakery any buy Long John’s and cinnamon twists. Same dough but covered with cinnamon sugar. Loved that bakery.

5 Likes

My current diamond in the rough is OOO Vanilla Maple :ok_hand:

5 Likes

I wonder why it gets low ratings, nothing wrong with Aunt Jemima pancake syrup imo.

5 Likes

Only with maple instead of chocolate according to Duckie.

4 Likes

Darn and I just ordered from them for the 30% off sale. Thx for the tip @robrrt1

4 Likes

I have it all 'cept the Walnut (VSO). Don’t have any walnut except a Bitter Walnut. I wonder how the other brands fare up?

4 Likes

Been meaning to ask some of you. When I mix others’ recipes I like to use the same or close to it gear so I know what your taste experience is. What’s your daily driver(s) @STR8V8PING ? Next time I mix one of yours I’ll try to duplicate the experience.

4 Likes