What Ya Vaping/Mixing Today (Part III/IV) 2019/2020

I couldn’t answer that Luke, don’t have the WF. Honey puffs has that honey note but I don’t get a lot of honey in this, it’s the combination with the butter that works, could boost the Golden butter up to 3% (I mixed another version with 3% butter also) adding Milk and Honey with the WF may work :ok_hand:
Edit: if the WF has a honey note to it, go for it :yum:

4 Likes

Hope Everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, now that the main course is over, time for a dessert vape and some Football :sunglasses:

10 Likes

I used to have a cheaper one myself and ended up with the LB-501, too. Just a few bucks more and a lot less headaches.

4 Likes

Hey Rocky :smiley: Unfortunately the recipe linked to the flavor notes page instead of the recipe.

3 Likes

@Rocky02852 I’ve been meaning to ask you and some others how you get images in your recipe notes box? I tried dropping google images and no go.

3 Likes

You can find the free photo’s on pixabay. Go to Canva and put them in a photo. Download the photo from Canva and upload it to IMGUR then after it uploads click get share links. Then copy the BBC Link for forums and put that in your recipe description. I think I did a post topic on this here in the forum somewhere

Found it Create Photo Recipes

8 Likes

Thank you. I have an Imgur account but Idk what pixabay or Canva is. Guess I’ll find out. Why does it have to be pixabay?

5 Likes

They are free stock photos so you don’t get hit for copyright infringement

5 Likes

Yes @muth it’s a One Shot, Very Good and Rocky Approved :ok_hand: it’s available at Chefs and at Diyflavorchaser.com
@SessionDrummer did a review on it, maybe someone can link it, (on my phone atm)

5 Likes

@Rocky02852

Frooty Loop Donut (Luke Loop) 15% (3-15-20) – Onboarding with number TWO in this series from @lukeloop. What do we all (most of us) just HATE, every time we try out a new donut ?? Well, it’s either PLAYDOH, or it’s not even CLOSE to a donut, or at least those are MY fears. Well, I’ve got grrrrrrreat news, as there was NO Playdoh in this one, AND, I got Donuts !!! That’s already TWO major hurdles overcome, just out of the gate. Regarding the donut (doughnut) I actually wish I could have had just a little bit MORE of it, BUT, even at the level it was at, I got quite a nice little serving up of a cakey donut that that layered in perfectly WITH the Frooty profiles in here. Nothing greasy, or deep fried, which were two more plusses in my book, but a mid level cakey donut. Onto the Frooty part. Obviously Luke wasn’t about to throw in any lemon pledgy-ness in here, and he didn’t. The Frooty (loops) part was actually very interesting, and I can’t tell exactly how he did it, but it was a layered approach. No off-putting lemon, yet still present, and maybe a smidge of lime, and I def. picked up on an orange push. Not bad, not overbearing, but it seemed to really pull the froot loops into a nice even sled, that the donut was riding on.
Sweetness was higher, but nowhere close to commercial levels (as checked by lack of coil gunk), and it almost had that lip smacking effect, which again, was perfect for this recipe. About the only thing that seemed it could be boosted might be the donut, just a smidge. The donut seemed to do double duty here, first as the donut, and 2nd as almost a grain booster for the loops. I think trying to do a donut that’s perfect for EVERYONE is impossible, and this one was about as close as you could get, with only minor markoffs for almost enough donut. One of the BEST looper-esq mixes I have ever had, and I’ve had a LOT**. 9.75/10**.

??

9 Likes

Got Honey Puffs? :yum:

9 Likes

oooooooo looks tasty Rocky

7 Likes

Thanks Luke, it’s definitely different! That Popcorn is one potent flavor, and really PoPs here, so to say :crazy_face:

5 Likes
8 Likes

Me and Grus had a wonderful Vape day today with @SmokyBlue’s Twisted Fried Pretzels,

It was like taking a trip to Philly, you know that magical place,

I gave this Pretzel mix a thorough checking over :ok_hand:

I’ll admit, I was skeptical at first but wanted see how good this pretzel vape could be. However, I was extremely surprised with the flavor in this mix and I swear I can taste the crunchy sweet pretzels! The caramel flavor is perfect–not too overpowering but not so subtle that you can’t taste it, and adds a wonderful dimension to this mix. And the saltiness of the beer nuts just adds to the yumminess of this recipe, I am definitely going to be finishing off this first 30ml in short order !
Very well done @SmokyBlue :tada:

15 Likes

I totally forgot about OoO Caramel Popcorn, it was pre-2020 though so I blame 2020…stupid year.

I gotta dig that flavor out, definitely a good flavor that I have inexplicably forgot about.

9 Likes

Yeah I forgot about that one too, probably haven’t used it since 2019 either :man_shrugging: But been on a OOO kick lately :call_me_hand:
I’ll have to pull out my Mom & Pops Calipitter chow, the Popcorn’s good with that, think it was 6% Cali, 1% popcorn :yum:

5 Likes

One Shot I got from @zippy at diyflavorchaser.com

I’ve been dying to go to Italy for years, I’ve eaten so many caprese salads I’m surprised I’m not bleeding tomatoes and sweating mozzarella!
But when it comes to gelato’s and more importantly coffee’s yeah that’s my soft spot. And this mix didn’t disappoint!

Mixed at recommended 20% , 3week steep

It has a very pleasant coffee flavor thats not too heavy or overpowering. I can’t pick out which coffee is used here, so obviously a well thought out blend and nicely balanced with the sweetness of the gelato base. The gelato here is perfectly creamy and spiked with espresso and hazelnut, with a hint of caramel, this recipe is pure deliciousness. :yum:

11 Likes

That one is a 10/10 @Rocky02852.

https://www.diyflavorchaser.com/product-page/italian-cafe-gelato

Italian Gelato (Made In Italy) 17% (3-14-20) – FIRST one on deck, and excited as hell to try these out, as @zippy currently has no less than TEN different mixers one shots available on her site. I currently have a go to Caramel Macchiato and was curious to see how, or if this was comparable. I don’t know who the “Italian” is, but I think I need to meet him now, as this one was exceptionally delicious !!! In a nutshell this is an Espresso Gelato, but that really doesn’t do it justice. Being a big fan of FA’s Espresso, I had assumed that would be here, but curiously not. The coffee/espresso’s presented as more complex than originally assumed, and it seamlessly layered into the creamy gelato base. Gelato is simply Italian ice cream, but it differs from American ice cream (basically) by using more milk, less cream, little to no egg at times, and is much denser. This mix perfectly captured that aspect of it, and I got some hints of hazelnut in there, which only worked to deepen this mix even further. Quite a lot going on here, and fairly complex. Continued vaping just left me wanting more hehe. The espresso/coffee although forward, didn’t overshadow the creamy backend, which proved to be a skilled approach. Mid level sweetness pushed this into an ADV category, the forward and rich espresso gave it the punch, and the entire mid to finish of the vape, the creamy sweet gelato finished it out. You may not always be able to explain a “complex” mix, but you’ll know it when you taste it, and this IS one of them. It is interesting to vape, as the hard hitting espresso/coffee front end, never overshadows the creamy sweet gelato. Very intriguing vape, and handily a 10/10.

10 Likes

I could concur with that, would it / could it replace my own coffee ADV, hell no! But yeah 10/10 from me for dessert type coffee vape, it’s damn tasty :yum:

8 Likes