Your Favorite Mod

OK. Dropped my mod last night and the battery shorted out. I didn’t know a battery could fly that far. Needless to say the mod is no longer usable for it’s intended purpose. Paper weight possibly but not vaping. I’ve used a Voopoo Drag for a couple of years now and found them very durable and a consistent vape. But before I ordered another I thought I would ask here. Yeah. I get the whole corporate problems but for the cost, durability and delivery (did I mention the cost?) is there a better mod out there? Not much of a pioneer. The Indians killed most of them.

5 Likes

Prepare yourself for 1000 posts with 1000 different suggestions.

Do you vape in power mode or TC?
What is your budget?
Do you mind where the mod comes from? (china, usa, uk etc)
What wattage/ temp do you vape at?
Are you vaping dtl or mtl?

All these will help people narrow it down for you (but you will still get heaps of different answers)

13 Likes

Flood gates opened!

I’ve been happy with the Smoant Charon Mini. If you look around they can be had cheap. It does a good job in TCR mode and Power mode. Feels good in the hand and has been suprisingly durable. It has a nice fire button.

https://cheapvaping.deals/goto/link/37857/2

6 Likes

My favorite is my new Steamcrave Hadron 220. I can certainly recommend it.

5 Likes

Customizable, well crafted, DNA60, AIO.

7 Likes

Still using my paranormal 250c, but currently looking at some vaporesso for my side mod. Gen looks good, as is luxe.

4 Likes

Today it was the YiHi SX mini. Tomorrow isn’t here yet.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Source: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/6toAAOSwopRYc8Wz/s-l400.jpg

2 Likes

I have several mods from when I bought everything I could get my hands on.
I lost one to a watery death when I put it In a cooler while shopping when it was 116 outside, so two of my rigs were placed precariously in a tumbler which of course fell over and dunked my rigs. One died and one just kept right on vaping, once I shook the water out of it. It was the Aegis legend by geekvape. I now own two. The only negative is that it is a little heavy so not so great if you’re walking around with it in your pocket at work, but otherwise wonderful and doable. It requires two 18650 batteries.
But there’s two other in The Aegis line worth looking at, one is the Aegis mini. It is delightfully small and light and my favorite for walking around with. It fits beautifully in the hand and pocket. It maxes at 80 watts, and the battery is built in. Lastly is its bigger brother, just slightly bigger, called the solo.
It is 100 watts max, and requires one 18650 battery.
All three are wonderful, you just have to think about what one would work best for you.

7 Likes

If your cheap like me then go for an Eleaf Istick 200w tc, you can find them for $15-20 online, I’ve had the same one for over 2 years, use it daily in a rotation, it’s been dropped a few times and one time I set it in my buddies cup holder in his car right after he put a cup of ice water there (it was dark out lol). Here is the only sign of age on the whole mod.

7 Likes

ATM the Vaporesso Gen

4 Likes

The Vaporesso Gen is a damn good mod. If your into Temp control you might look at something else though.

@JiM210 put a link for the Charon Mini for 30 dollars and HELLS YES it is worth that for sure. I did a longevity review on it and it’s a good one. My friend put it on the roof of her car (twice) and drove off and the thing just keeps on keeping on.

Check out this thread here for some ideas. https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/c/hardware/reviews oh ya and this thread for deals Good Deals 2019!
Black Friday 2019 (NO ROYAL HUNTER RDA)

6 Likes

@Dan_the_Man Yes, thanks I have the Charon Mini as well :smiley:
Personally I find the TC on the Gen to be fine, and with the V1.3 firmware update even the STC has got better.

4 Likes

Maybe I got a defective one. I did have a paint “glitch” at the 510 and With temp control, it doesn’t work right on mine. I can use temp control using kanthal or I can use SS in the Nickel TC or Vice Versa. It’s also supposed to stop me from getting dry hits, which it does not. I am interested in the firmware update though. I’ll have to go get that done. Thanks.

2 Likes

Smoant Battlestar, if you can find one. I’ve a few of them and they’ve still used daily. Never had any problems with them and the form factor is great.

6 Likes

I have so many mods choosing a favorite would be like asking a mother to choose a favorite child. I carry two mods at all times, I think best bang for the buck for me is the Tesla Nano 120 watt, simple no frills and hits hard!

The worst mod I have is the SnowWolf MFENG UX, pos imo

5 Likes

I’ve owned several TC mods over the years, with all the latest and greatest chipsets. But the only one (that I’ve found) that will prevent dry hits consistently every time is the Evolv DNA 250C. With the “Replay” option enabled no other device can touch it!

5 Likes

Maybe the answer is to get the Voopoo Drag 2, I love mine except for the crappy finish that scratched up in no time, had jwraps make me up some custom skins for cheap money.

3 Likes

Power mode, budget is open but as little as possible {$40?), don’t mind where it comes from, vape at 80 watts or so, and dtl.

Thanks!

3 Likes