Coil Building show offs!

ruined i am, he just waltzes in…drops some immaculate build, and waltzes out again, not a care in the world…no thoughts for the destruction he’s left behind…(sniff)

4 Likes

What the heck did you do cut yourself making coils… LOL

well, i made this anyway lol, first time with ribbon,no idea what you’d call it…:confused:

9 Likes

Dirty wicking still in them lol

2 Likes

Can we name it ??? I’ll say Frankenpugs … LOL

3 Likes

I like it :+1:, it certainly is a fugley beast :laughing:

3 Likes

You’ve made a variation of a helix build.

Twisted frames, Clapton centre, helixed with Ribbon.

:+1::+1: good job.

Sorry about dropping in a flitting out again

Been prepping for a 6 hour drive tomorrow for a holiday.

So had to clean my gear down, charge my batteries, rebuild some devices etc.

Just threw a 22gTi build in my griffin for the journey.

And pugs I’ve only been building for 18months!

Stick at it.

Get the basics down and then progress.

:+1::+1:

3 Likes

is that what it is?? haha, cheers man much appreciated, I’ve been doing it a week lol, I intend to crack on with it though, If I come up with anythin half as good you in 18 months I’ll be more than happy :+1: lol,
Thanks again dude, enjoy your trip :+1:

1 Like

The Pugly Bastard Coil. LOL
Nice job, bro!

2 Likes

@Jondamon I’m just gonna leave these two links here. Look how far you’ve come, my friend. :wink: And now you’re all grown up and entering coil building competitions and building for profit. Well done! I bailed after that first twisted I did. LoL

9 Likes

love it haha :clap::laughing:

basic stuff really but my first Fused Clapton - duel 26 SS 316L core with .5mm SS 316L Ribbon clapton, 3mm ID
My best for flavour to date, getting the basics down before I make any more ‘frankenpugs’ coils :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

it’s growing…:worried: …lol …

3 Likes

Just got some flats wire today. What size are you using and is it ss or k

I’ve got .5mm and 1mm, and they’re both stainless :+1:

1 Like

Today’s offering
32 on 26 kenthal clapton with 1mm ss ribbon paralleled with 26 ss all hugging each other in a heartwarming wiry embrace at 6 wraps 3mm ID, 0.08ohm …lovely…but a bit lowly on the ohmage

10 Likes

Very nice. Bet that Tsunami really heats up

1 Like

little too much for my liking lol, I took them out soon after, I’d like to do the same build using much…much…finer wires :confused: …still learning :+1:

3 Likes

“Still learning?” Well, your stuff looks great. Looks like you are gifted and I can wait to see your builds two months from now.

4 Likes

wow, thanks man, that’s a really encouraging complement :+1:

I’ve literally only been building for 8 days (thought it was longer but I just checked)

it’s those kind of comments that will keep me cracking on!
thanks again :grinning::+1:

6 Likes