Best flavor rdas

Thanks for the kind words. I too have used Cotton Bacon as well as COTN in it, and both were great, but I feel the rayon is better. Of course it’s much more of a PITA than cotton. I just got that Wraith from my wife’s cousin who doesn’t use it anymore because my GBOX battery door keeps popping open randomly and they don’t sell spare parts for it. The wraith isn’t a bad device, just battery life isn’t the greatest with it. So I will use it until I find a decent replacement for the gbox. Any suggestions on a great dual battery squonk mod? I’ve only been vaping since July 2018, so I still a noob.

4 Likes

Not so much a dual squonk mod, but two that are just killing it in my wheel house. Pulse BF 80W and Recurve Mech (know Ohms Law SERIOUSLY). The Pulse uses a 20700 (18650 with adapters) battery and keeps me occupied for most of the day. The Recurve uses a 21700 battery and hits dual/single coils with perfection. Do not use the Profile on that Recurve. Satan Chuck Norris punch to the face! That is what I use in my rotation. Do not limit your self to just dual battery squonks. Miss out on a bunch of stuff.

5 Likes

I’ve been eyeing the Pulse BF as well as the Topside. Not really interested in mech mods anyway.

4 Likes

Just my tried and true for daily use for the past couple of months now.

3 Likes

Is you GBOX issue due to the original squonk bottle?

4 Likes

Myself and a few more people un**cked the Gbox. It’s super easy.

Here is my old thread on how to do it:

5 Likes

@TheTinMan Not really. The bottom latch randomly pops open, dumping my batteries. Although the bottle isn’t great either, so the thread you’ve linked will help with the bottle. I’ve looked on the internet for a fix, but haven’t found anything yet.

I’ll look at your linked thread as well @adary. thanks for the link. Where can I get the magnets?

5 Likes

Look up hobby stores that deal with miniatures. The magnets i used are 3mm diameter

6 Likes

Well that was seriously helpful!! Ty ty @Deerslayer I’ll hunt up some rayon, gotta be a Sally Beauty around here somewhere, and give that a whirl. BTW, flipping brilliant idea to use the spare bit of wire at the ‘bend’ in the cotton to pull it through much easier. Makes SO much sense to me to end up with much much more wicking in and under the mesh, than needed outside for the ‘wicking tails’. And I’ll hunt up @TorturedZen’s great idea to swap out for a pen spring. Mine is still pretty ‘springy’ but might behave differently once I’ve got half a troll doll worth of rayon in there. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Thank you both so much… great ideas.

4 Likes

Just so you’re aware…when working with Rayon you need to be mindful of the fibers. It’s not like cotton where you can rip a piece off and roll 'er up. Rayon has a tendency to shed fibers, which looks like white dust. I use a black ohm meter to build my coils on and while working the rayon wick through the coils, fluffing and trimming etc…the dust becomes very noticable.

I wanted to comment about this because that dust is not something you want getting inside the atomizer or floating around in your juice. Whenever possible always use sharp scissors to cut rather than pulling off what you need for the wick. And before you juice up blow on the atty a few times to get any overlooked particles out of there! :+1:

7 Likes

No problem,@OddModicum, glad to help. I will say this: Rayon isn’t for everyone. People swear by it(myself included) and some people just don’t like it. If you can find a smaller package to try, then I would recommend doing so first so you don’t end up with 499 feet of rayon you aren’t going to use if by chance you don’t like it. I probably should have led with this before telling you to pick up the 500 ft box. I was able to try some from a local vape shop that sold it for 10 cents a foot before I bought 500 ft of it. If you want to try a little before you buy any, I can send you some if you want.

7 Likes

I think the new pulse with the Vandy chip and anti leak function would be a great mod the topside is amazing, but also quite pricey. If you don’t mind filling the bottle on the pulse then it’s a great sqounker!

5 Likes

I actually just bought one last night locally. I’d have to say it’s fantastic with the profile on top of it. Thanks @Skullblade789 for the suggestion.

5 Likes

You are welcome. The devices have worked for me quite well. Lightweight and good solid performance. The one slight issue I have is filling the squonk bottles. Not bad though and I always have a rag on hand. Be careful of the seepage on the inside of the mod. A quick swipe of a clean rag usually does the trick for me though. Glad you like it.

4 Likes

Just for the sake of sharing, here is my set up. Profile got a new drip tip as well.

Sorry for the mess in the background, we are currently remodeling the interior of our house.

7 Likes

With that click pen spring swap …are you cutting it to the same length as the original spring that was in the Profile?

3 Likes

What I did was just clipped it in half and trimmed it as needed until it fit, sort of like a trial and error. I made sure that after I finished trimming that there was a little bit of force pushing on the ceramic support. I’d have to take mine apart and compare the 2 to see if they are in fact the same length.
This is the thread where @TorturedZen posted about his spring idea:
https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/profile-rda-users-help/220689/37

Depending on the type of click pen, your spring length will probably vary.

7 Likes

Here’s my drop rda single coil flavor build with rayon.

2 26g cores with 32g wrap at .25 ohms. All kanthal. My device is set at 55 watts. It ramps up quick and gives a great flavorful vape. Between the profile with the wotofo mesh and this build in the drop, the profile wins, but the drop gives the profile a run for the money. Anyone would be satisfied with either. I do feel the drop is easier to wick with rayon imo.

6 Likes

@Deerslayer I’m still waiting to get my rayon, but I just had to send you a HUGE thank you for your images of rayon wicking with Profile. I’ve done same wicking with the wotofo angleted cotton (not quite a whole hank of it, but maybe 5/6 of the 6cm size?) in the Profile, and flavor is MUCH better, already. Mind you, I’d watched about 6 different wick build vids on Profile… your way is definitely best for me. Once I do it with rayon, should be even better. But the even better news for me… I bought a Vandy Vape Revolver RTA some time ago, and it was WRETCHED. Totally muted flavor, leaking so bad the whole tank would literally drain within about 2 mins. Totally unusable. I have a whole thread here with kind hearted peeps trying to troubleshoot my issues with this RTA from hell. Well, got new coils, that helped a bit… but what really made this tank usable and even noteworthy for me is your wicking method for the Profile! I figured what the heck, nothing to lose, and tried it… its not leaking at all, and the flavor, its like there’s been some sort of a breakthrough of muted flavor, and now it is crisp! Not quite the level of the Profile, but then that’s to be expected with a tank. Thank you!!! Your help turned my pretty lil VV Revolver rainbow tank into a functional device, instead of a useless, pretty paperweight.

9 Likes

You are so welcome @OddModicum. I’m glad you were able to get it to work with the wotofo cotton and as well as get the wicking right for your revolver rta. If you have any questions when you receive your rayon, let me know and I’d be glad to help.

5 Likes