Have enough nicotine for the long haul?

mikepetro, over on the ECF board put this nifty calculator together, and was kind enough to give his blessing to share it here on ELR.

Hey, we’re all in this mess together, right?

Fill in a few basic numbers, how much you vape & your nicotine strength. The calculator defaults to 100 mg / 1 liter, but you can change that, if you wish.

The calculator will tell you how long your stock of nicotine will last, at your present rate of consumption, and by playing with the numbers a little, it will tell you how much you need, to last a specific number of years.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByJGOatX48BARzlrQm5lTUh0VHM/

You will need to hit the download button at the top of the window,
and just open it in Excel or whatever spreadsheet app you use.

Worked fine for me, in Open Office

13 Likes

Pretty cool. I actually don’t use nicotine anymore. Been quite a few months but I appreciate the love being shared and spread in the vape community to help each other.

10 Likes

Maybe getting off the cigs has mental health benefits as well. Helping others.

5 Likes

Honestly, you may be onto something there.

4 Likes

Nice share! :grinning: Now I know that 1000ml of 100mg/ml Nic will last me about 3.8 years! With this calculator, I don’t feel so unprepared for the comfort of my vaping future; knowing how much Nic I will need for the years to come is awesome! :+1:

7 Likes

I honestly think the major nic companies hopefully will be able to get their stuff certified through the fda. I think the ones who will be eventually push around are the flavor companies…just not for 6 months after August 8th…when they realize the rest ofnthebplayers move into DIY

2 Likes

Damn, I’m good for almost 12 years!! :relaxed:

5 Likes

Its broken for me…

1 Like

Tell me what numbers you would put in the yellow boxes, from top to bottom, and I’ll send you a pic of your needs! :grinning:

4 Likes

Awesome!

3mg nic
10 - 15ml
50mg
500ml

Thanks!

3 Likes

Here ya go! :grinning:

3 Likes

Top man / woman! Thanks!

4 Likes

Oh, i got it working!

@d_fabes Remove the /view1 from the URL

3 Likes

FIFY @d_fabes :smiley:

5 Likes

Cool, I just picked up a liter bottle of 100mg and according to this, my wife and I can vape on that for 3.04 yrs.

3 Likes

Wow with those numbers I would vape 16425mg of nic a year!

2 Likes

Thanks JoJo!

Glad the link was fixed and everyone has it working. It’s a very useful tool.

As far as spreadsheets in general… 'ptooooie…hate 'em. But I’ll make an exception for this one.

4 Likes

I’ve created a windows application based on Mikes Calculations but am not able to PM Mike to get his approval to release it, if someone could help me out here, it would be much appreciated.

3 Likes

For those interested in the windows app:

3 Likes

I’m just curious how long with the nicotine last, even sealed and in the freezer it’s not going to last indefinitely. So what is the life span of frozen sealed nicotine?

1 Like