Introducing the GC, Game Changer Homogenizer

Looks like the groove to me!!! Spot on!!

10 Likes

I have started a temporary waiting list and posted additional info about ordering in the vendor section as Game Changer Homogenizer Wait List. If you’re like me you may need to change settings because I normally ignore Vendor posts. :rofl: :rofl:

Rules are necessary and staff recently clarified them so if I am reading them correctly I need to direct you there for any self promoting purposes. I thank everyone for their interest and the response has been simply overwhelming. :smiley:

14 Likes

Thanks for the great photos and method info which will be very helpful. I need to clarify that Walt’s and yours among others are the larger size. The smaller size stator tube fits in small bottles and is the one @Sprkslfly has. 30 ml is I think the about lower limit on using the larger without a narrow container like a test tube or small graduated cylinder like Walt mentioned. IMO it’s a tossup on which to have unless mixing small testers will be your primary usage. I used a smaller size made by another company for the last 2 years and a design goal was to increase the throughput volume because sometimes it was aggravating when wanting to mix larger quantities. Walt’s input about the same smaller unit was instrumental in developing the larger size.

I posted in the Vendor thread about specifying which size and also the need to specify the rotary tool to be used to drive the homogenizer. Several pics were also posted.

13 Likes

Please place me on the waiting list for the small version please! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

8 Likes

Pop along to the Game Changer Homogenizer Wait List thread and send @anon36682625 a PM

8 Likes

:wink:… see you already found it, but, below is a link for others

8 Likes

For anyone who has ever mixed their own acids/additives the biggest pita is the time it takes to get the powder fully dissolved - the GC totally smashed it probably saved a good hour in mix time. Turn your speakers down before watching the Dremel is loud when the phone is close to it. (sorry for my shoddy camera work)

20 Likes

Wow, that final shot, should convince even the biggest critic. Very impressive.

11 Likes

Yep the proof is in the pudding nice one Simon real pretty to watch mate…

9 Likes

What is the hottest we should go with the vg and what is to low when heating it?

Also, what about cleanup? I am sure this was answered but I can’t find it. can you just put it in some water and let it run for a min?

3 Likes

60C is the sweet spot for the VG. And a few seconds in water or straight PG will do just fine.

4 Likes

Do you have to heat the VG or does it just help the GC do its thing? Also any idea if not heating would stress the motor of the dremel and shorten the life?

4 Likes

You need to heat the VG to 60C for best miscibility. @anon36682625 had a real nice video showing heated vs. not heated.

8 Likes

Yes.
Guitarded recommends 140°F (60°C).

Though I would say no less than 120°F (48.89°C)

Very likely.

Not worth the risk to either the dremel OR the bearings in the homogenizer.

7 Likes

Thanks guys! At least the GC doesn’t look like a $200 tool to the wife lol. She’s going to ask why I needed another dremel and now a hot plate as well :man_facepalming:

11 Likes

Man, waiting for my name to pop up on the list is killing me! Can’t wait to play with it.

11 Likes

I can’t wait to hear what you think about it @lostmarbles.

5 Likes

I’m sure it will be nothing short of orgasmic, my friend. :rofl:

7 Likes

9 Likes

@anon36682625, great video.

5 Likes