My Thoughts on the DNA 200 Chip

16 hours on a charge, that must be one very efficient chip. OK guys, I’m sold. :slight_smile: My next mod purchase will most likely be a DNA 200. The feature set and function alone are very appealing. Also, since I am in the habit of charging my mods every night before I go to bed, battery life shouldn’t be an issue with me.

2 Likes

can i re program that to say you forgot to turn the juice on i have a Goliath v 2 some times after filling i forget to turn the juice on be vaping along no burnt cotton no vape open the juice flow back in business

1 Like

My first day carrying the Vaporshark, thought I’d share how small this thing is…quarter for scale, of course…

There is sooooo much to learn…this little thing is pretty damn cool…

4 Likes

Day 2…we’re rolling…

7 Likes

I’ve found that I like higher watts as well. In fact I want to make a statement here and now about this chip and my previous perceptions of how temp control works.

I have been under the impression that watts needed just to be set high enough to reach temp quickly and that the set temp would take over. So with the DNA 200, at first I was having some weak hits and flavor at 40-45 watts on the Aromamizer. So I started cranking up temperature but it didn’t seem to have much effect. Then I connected to my computer and ran the Device Monitor from the Escribe software. I watched how my assessments were proven to be fact. I had 450 deg set but it wouldn’t reach that temp. It was 350-380 set at 45 watts. So I thought it needs more power to reach the temp and so I started bumping up watts. Sure enough. At 65 watts I was starting to get nice clouds but flavor was really taking off. I found my sweet spot for temp and flavor at 72 watts. This was for the 22ga Ti dual build with 2.5mm ID and 6.5 wraps. i then rebuilt (and loaded the wire profile) a 7.5 wrap, 24ga dual SS build on the Aromamizer. Tried that 45w 450F setting. Again…anemic. And again i brought up the Device Monitor and watched as I vaped. I found to reach the sweet spot on this build I needed to be 74 watts. The downside is it uses a ton more battery at higher wattage setting. The upside is…you can fine tune your own vape experience using the software. And the major point is…wattage is important to achieving the desired vape because obviously depending on your build, the device simply won’t bring the wire to temperature until the watts are set high enough.

3 Likes

I tried to explain this a while ago to somebody that said watts doesn’t matter with TC.

I noticed with DNA 200 I vape in a wide range of temps and watts. I feel it’s dependent on the juice. Yesterday I vaped all day at 92W and 480F. I changed juice today and I’m vaping at 45W and 380F. Yesterday I vaped fruits and today tobacco. I’m not using this TCM nothing like my other TCMs. I use to run my other TCMs flat out on Temp and 100+ watts.

2 Likes

Keep in mind it’s three 1300mah batteries. I also have the efusion like @SthrnMixer, but right now I have a 0.3ohm dual spaced coil Ti build using 30AWG Titanium and hemp wick in a Billow V2 shorty. So, by comparison my setup is on a different end of the spectrum. I am running <40W and I am very impressed. I like everything about it. Compared to the IPV3 LI, I think the temperature control works about the same. The difference is the thing hits HARD compared to the IPV3 LI.

As far as feel goes, it’s solid, small, pretty, and the buttons are friggin exquisite. Like@Pro_Vapes I hated my Smok, but got no credit and spent no time coming up to speed on it My purchase was an impulse buy and this mod is going to be great for travel. I hate having to pack batteries and a charger.

For all day, I would want something with replaceable batteries so I can change them out and keep chuckin. But as far as functionality and experience goes. . .I’m with @Pro_Vapes, no more Chinese crappola for me. My time is worth more than the price difference and it is OH so much more enjoyable to tinker with. I dont mind paying for the efusion at all. . .it’s friggin rad. The Cube 2 isnt even fit for testing. I’ll stick to my mech mod for that.

3 Likes

[quote=“therabidweasel, post:42, topic:34532”]
but right now I have a 0.3ohm dual spaced coil Ti build using 30AWG Titanium and hemp wick in a Billow
[/quote] for me titanium dose not even start to really work until you get below.1 like .06 .3 is about as high as you can fire titanium on some devices and .1 on others there is a good decision going on about tc titanium on this site and for some reason the lower the build in temp the longer the battery life

1 Like

How com it is that cheap. On most other sites, it is prized from 169 to 174 USD.

It’s at $169 on other sites because it’s the MSRP. The vendor I bought from is selling at what he thinks is fair price. But Hcigar has voided the 1yr warranty for them not selling it at the MSRP. I have a 30 day vendor warranty on two of the three I have. I don’t have problem with that. Some DNA 200 mod makers only offer a 90 day warranty anyway.

1 Like

I have the effusion 200 by lost vape and the volcano 200 waiting on the cloudmaker white out. The battery life is under believable. I don’t know if I could do mechanical again

3 Likes

I hope you meant to say unbelievable… my Hcigar DNA 200 has been off the charger for 5 hrs and I’ve only used 1\4 of the battery…

4 Likes

Thank you for the reply. It makes sense. Pitty I dont have the Money now. At that price I would have bought it in a HeartBeat :wink: Witch I already have two off. So I trust Hcigar to make solid mods.

1 Like

Yes I meant unbelievable, I will admit, the one I have my dropper on (lavabox, 900 3s) does not last quiet as long, buts still fan freaking tastic

1 Like

After three days I finally used one of other TC mods… but the DNA 200s are hard to put down. The future of vaping looks very bright. Just think… one day this type of TC mod will be standard issue.

1 Like

What are your thoughts or anyone else with the expertise on leaving a mod with LiPo batteries on the charger while using? I am at my desk at my home office all day and have been keeping it plugged in. I just wonder if that’s ok or a bad idea.

Built in passthrough is all good. The batteries are replaceable. As long as you don’t feel excessive heat, it’s cool. No pun intended.

I do the same.

1 Like

As far as I understand LiPos take a few charge cycles to “break in” - In the beginning the charges don’t last as long - but after a few cycles they do :smile: That’s what I read, anyhow. After that, I don’t see a problem with using passthrough :smile:

1 Like

MSPR is just what it says it is suggested resale price try and get around that a federal law out there called price fixing manufacturers can not tell anyone what to sell something for high or low now if it’s a clone then obviously a totally different story a couple of the other Chinese Firms have played that game communist China they get away with it you can’t take them to court

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: XCube 2 problems firing 0.1o and below in TC