What do you really hate? (II)

A post was merged into an existing topic: For those who want to talk ! (Politics)

Fidalgo has got it

2 Likes

That’s my point, there is so much wide variety of discussions about everything to nothing scattered throughout the entire forums. It is hard to know specifically where to post.

3 Likes

Your more than welcome to post political stuff here…https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/for-those-who-want-to-talk-politics/263558

4 Likes

It’s a bit confusing, let me break this down for you:

The pub is for everything under the sun, just no politics because that’s a paddlin’, only but not always vaping discussion, you can be cryptic about your stance, but you can’t be political, you can detail articles that point fingers at a party or ideology, but make sure it’s not entirely possible but if you do, that’s a paddlin’. Don’t say you’re right or left handed, I know I know, but it could be misunderstood and you will get moved to the politcal post. You can talk about covid, even though policies from a certain party are usually the ones in question, don’t say anything, that’s a paddlin’

So before Fidalgo says his piece I’ll touch up on some topics that he copies and pastes from notepad everytime I get in shit:

-This is a vaping forum, you always talk about things that are not vaping on a vaping forum.
-People don’t want to talk politcs on a vaping forum.
-Post politics or everything in another section not accessible by most users, because it’s not a vaping topic.
-We’ve been through this many times before.
-I’m not upset, I’m just not happy.
(((Post Moved To Politics)))

Take it away FIDDY.

2 Likes

Let me make this simple for you @Joel

Forum rules regarding politics …This was the first approach in March

Hello everyone!

I just want to address the issue that has been raised here on the forum lately. Politics.

Discussing politics can be polarizing and divisive. We are a forum of DIY e-liquid mixers, and that is our main goal. Everyone, even complete beginners, should feel safe about posting questions and other stuff regarding e-liquid mixing.

We are a community if DIY’ers. But we are also all social animals and would like to talk to like minded people about something other than what this site was created for, so we have The Pub where you can discuss music and other non-polarizing subjects and that is fine.

This is also an international forum. While American politics can be interesting (for many reasons), far from everyone wants to read or hear about it.

While it is possible to have a discussion and debate over politics and still be friends and civil to each other, political posts should be somewhere where no one but the ones seeking it would see it. Henceforth, topics regarding politics should be made in The Saloon . And even then, you should consider the contents of your post before posting. We don’t want 10 new political threads per day. We want perhaps one or two threads where people that feel the need, can debate each other (we might even have suitable threads there already). Of course they can always debate in a private message (even more than two people).

We also have the Discord chatroom (which I really should visit more often).

Political posts with regards to vaping could be considered OK, but I’ll leave that up to your own consciense (and to our hard working moderators).

Flag the posts that you feel shouldn’t be in view of everyone and the moderators will consider it, and will possibly magically be teleported somewhere in The Saloon .

Also, if you read something that you don’t like - either flag it or ignore it. You do not have to react to everything. If you don’t like ice cream, you don’t stand outside the ice cream parlor screaming that you do not want ice cream. Nor do you, if you like ice cream, stand outside and try to force people to eat ice cream. That would just be weird.

Give love. Receive love :wink:

Happy vaping, family!

Lars

This is a few months later reagrding politics , religion and guns

Hey all!

A while back we made an announcement regarding politics on ELR forum . We tried pushing that stuff into The Saloon , which is a bit more “Wild West”-side of the forum.

Something like a month has passed since, and we have observed and discussed it a bit more.

The general consensus among us, is that having political discussions doesn’t bring anything positive to the forum.

Henceforth there will be no public topics regarding politics, guns or religion.

You are of course welcome to discuss these topics in messages amongst yourselves, but any public topics or posts will be subject to deletion at the moderation teams’ discretion. A possible exception are non-polarizing political discussions that concern vaping (on which I assume we’re all on the same side).

If you come across content that touches on these topics, flag it and we will deal with it.

We need to get back to what we are here for. Our goal is to return this community to what made it so great in the first place: A family of vapers and DIY mixers all dedicated to the growth and prosperity of this great hobby of ours. A place where anyone can come and feel welcome, share in the fellowship of this community, and help keep vaping alive and well. The ELR Forum should be a place where you can come and chill with your friends.

Shortly threads will start to disappear from view as the moderation team converts them to private messages.

:heart: The ELR Forum Team

6 Likes

Fidalgo is not wrong, a lot of people don’t want to look at or have feelings about certain subjects. He told me this is a vaping forum only and we should respect that. It is just confusing because it seems like certain subjects are brought up in every posts throughout the forum that are out of place. I think we all need to make a more concentrated effort and put corresponding topics being in their “correct placeholder”.

6 Likes

Thank you, hopefully we can clean up the placeholders.

5 Likes

Watch out fiddy, she’s after your job

2 Likes

Never! I would talk current events all day, every day, but it would be a turn off for so many, so I need to go to proper placeholders.

4 Likes

Now @Joel based on this there shouldnt even be a Political thread in the saloon. I am not having this conversation with anyone. I have crested a thread where you are welcome to post whatever you want if that not enough that is too bad. I dont move or remove everything but based on the Forum Rules regarding this I can…

4 Likes

I know man, I’m just fuckin’ with ya

3 Likes

It is a tough one …I have tried to keep it simple regarding politics and created a thread for it and try to move the more aggresive posts that can be seen as offensive to that thread. If you ever have any ideas or think something is out of place just PM me i feel im pretty fair even with Joel and he drives me crazy lol…

4 Likes

Derailed threads is a specialty so i let the conversations go and the thread usualky get back on track . We also have a lot of thrrads that fizzle quick…We had a member that kept on ooe ing threads abkut cake questio s so j created a thread for Cake questions to resuce the open threads with 1 question and 2 answers

5 Likes

You know I am a strong believer in conservative values, but I also believe in debating the issues with those that disagree rather than censoring anyone. With that said, I agree this particular subject should be put in it’s proper “placeholder”. After all, I would get p/o’d when I am talking about wanting to get advice about a particular mod or flavor, etc and someone comes up to me and calls me names for my own beliefs. It has nothing to do with getting proper advice on said mod or flavor.

4 Likes

Then I want to make sure I thank you for your guidance in keeping us all in a safe forum.

4 Likes

I hate the fact, that no one is really even talking about this …

I of course have my theories, and seems some other people, might be on the same track …

ProudSoutherner

5 December, 2022

“The person, or persons, who did this knew exactly what they were doing,” Fields said. “We don’t have a clue why.”

I have a working theory: It was a test. A group wanted to know whether it could disable a power substation, so they picked a rural area in a sleepy part of North Carolina to try a couple: not much in the way of cops – pretty much “soft” targets. Now that the FBI is on the case, though, I’m sure the perps will never be apprehended unless they happen to be conservative parents who are unhappy about their local school board decisions.

Jay Nygard

5 December, 2022

This is a terrorist attack, plain and simple, no matter who did it. Gotta wonder why the power companies do not have those places monitored given their dollar value and potential for attack.

dragonman

5 December, 2022

What is the FBI and Homeland Security doing about this. This is like a terrorist attack. The FBI and DOJ are watching protesting school parents and prolifer groups. Homeland security is letting everyone in. Good job .

@joel ??

2 Likes

False flag

3 Likes

More like trial run …

1 Like

Been following this story too. It is reported that it was a deliberate attack because of the pinpoint accuracy of the directed damage. My state of Oregon and even WA had deliberate attacks on the grid as well. I remember when Newt Gingrich talked about fearing an EMP attack.

2 Likes