Which flavors are the best?

So what’s the best way to find out ahead of time which brands are the best in certain flavors? And just how much better are they? Like for instance, Capellas seem to have the best vanilla custard and just how much better is it?

1 Like

Hey Whiterose0818. Welcome to ELR… you can find several full threads about vendor flavoring throughout this forum. Just do a search on the vendor or flavor you are interested in. Here’s one such thread: http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/the-flavor-apprentice-reviews/14186/46

4 Likes

Here’s one on Capella flavorings: http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/capella-flavor-reviews/16082

3 Likes

Here’s one just on Custards: http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/custards-youre-favorite-custard-mix-and-maybe-a-recipe/20675

2 Likes

Just invited you to a few threads…lots to read and many opinions to ponder! The search box will take you to many topics which discuss flavorings. There are many flavoring reviews on the forum as well! Happy hunting! ; )

3 Likes

Welcome ! You’ll have hours of reading lol ! For the most part it’s what taste good to you. Yes there are some favorites among us DIY’rs and then there’s the subjective taste issues with saying one of the flavors suck while to someone else it’s an amazing flavor. I would keep a list of the horrible horrible flavors voted by many key word ( yet you may end up liking it ! )

TFA is usually what most of us start with and branch out from there. There is still many TFA’s I use in my daily go to mixing. But for starters start to get acclimated to different vendors as well as there percentage ratios when you do buy a flavor.

Great places to buy in the U.S.
Bull city vapors
Cat house vapor
Ecigexpress

PG/VG : essential depot
High desert vapes
ECX ( ecigsexpress )
It’s cheap anyhow
Go for kosher but USP grade only

Don’t be overwhelmed there is a DIY beginners section start there !

Nicotine: don’t go cheap on this I promise you’ll thank me later.
Carolina xtract
Heartland
Vaperstek
Nude nicotine

*** this is only assuming your totally new to DIY sorry for redundancy if not :blush:

3 Likes

wow…that was/is a great response! thanks so much for that wealth of info…especially the list of great places to buy…
yes, i am completely new to the DIY. i am still doing the collecting of info/knowledge as i continue to gather supplies and slowly, but surely, put together a workstation…i am completely open to any and all info/tips/help/wisdom…
i have been vaping for a year now and i am so very excited about making my own dope(thats what i call juice)!
again, than you so very very much! and feel free to offer any and all comments/advice in any way…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just a request… PLEASE don’t call it ‘dope’ in public.
We have such a hard time as it is with Government regulations and such.

2 Likes

Here is a great way to find out the best flavors based on personal preference and flavors most used right from ELR extensive database.

Go to the flavor list.

Click on the “ratings” tab. All the highest rated flavors will be listed in order.
Click on the “recipe” tab to get the most commonly used flavors.
For help deciding on a specific flavor brand type in your flavor like “vanilla cream” or “cheesecake” then click the “rating” tab. The brands will be listed highest to lowest. You will also get to see what versions are preferred overall like vanilla cream v1 or vanilla cream v2.
Personal suggestions are always helpful but this is also a great way to find out on your own.

1 Like

I have to put a good word in for One on One flavors. their cookie flavors are bomb and tobacco flavors are tight. NicVape I just got so I will let you know about them but their raspberry smells good. Capella flavors are probably the best value(most concentrated) for your money and their sweetener is my favorite I have tried. I used to use more flavor apprentice but all my favorites of theirs got flagged so I tend to only use their safe for vape flavors. So really read their descriptions.

1 Like

Thank you and your welcome ! Alisa and Jimk won’t steer you wrong follow those links ! And Yes build a clean area that you can work at ! Here is a pic of mine it’s simple and small I can keep it clean that important since well duh … We inhale this dope ( as you call it he he )

I keep my flavors / NiC /pg/VG in my craftsman. Simple yet functional.

3 Likes

Wow, thanks, this is very close to what I was looking for!

1 Like

Amy, i would like to say thanks for posting this pic of your workstation…i am still building mine, so i wont post a pic just yet…but i am curious: is there a place around here where i can look at other peoples workstations?

2 Likes

I’m not Amy, but a lot of people have posted pics in the Storing and Organizing thread.

3 Likes

Thanks @JoJo that’s where I was headed !
JoJo is our resident secretary ! She knows the books ! ( threads too !)

1 Like

I have been stalking JoJo, Amy and a number of other girls, (bowing my head…and guys), I didn’t say that did i? I’m new to and the wealth of info I have learned from these great people is amazing. I’ve learned so much from them. Read, read and read some more.Everytime I have a question I look up a thread from here that resembles what I’m looking for and “BOOM…THERE IT IS”. Sometimes in the form of an avalanche. But that’s good. I have avoided many mistakes from the advice shared by these wonderful people. They are amazing.

3 Likes

One way I found to figure out what is really good is to go to “Flavor List” and you can see which flavors are used most often by the larger number of recipes. You can also click on “Recipe” and sort them by most high review. I’ve been saving (copying and pasting) them into a Microsoft Word document. This time I’m keeping the hyperlink so that later I can tell who made the recipe and go back and rate it. Most recipes only have one rating - so sad. We need to RATE the recipes we try so that people can see what’s good and what’s best!

I think JoJo actually posted that info in a list if I’m not mistaken

Hi btw Joya

There have been many threads about flavors and which ones are best and worst. :smile:

4 Likes