Wip 2019/20 edition

I hope it is okay to start a 2019 work-in-progress thread. If not, moderators feel free to delete this!

5 Likes

Down the rabbit hole I go! Who has some advice for the elusive blue raspberry catagory?

4 Likes

I hate to start off right away hijacking with a noob question, but how, when I’m looking at my recipe, do I copy it so it pastes onto my post like the one above?
And commenting to the question of the value of a “work in progress recipe” thread, I think its brilliant. I don’t have any friends that have the least bit of interest in my recipe development, and I get eye-rolls when I’m at a function or party and I suddenly blurt out as if I have turrets, “CORN BREAD WITH MAPLE SYRUP AND STRAWBERRIES!”.
So having an outlet to share not only what you’re shooting for, but what was your inspiration and why have you chosen these particular flavors, could help folks to get into each others heads a bit.

8 Likes

If you go to your recipe and click on it, you are able to copy the link. You can come over to the forum and paste the link so we can see your work!!
I usually put a space between the link to make sure it pastes right.

The circled part is what you copy after you click on the recipe

This is you inspiration, it comes in different ways to different people. At first, it is tough to mix and match for everyone (I say this as an assumption). But, there are great threads on here for that as well!!

I started by mixing different fruits I thought would work well together. Same with creams and bakeries, ect.
This made it a bit of a challenge. A very helpful way is to single flavor test. Always remember that mixing is an art not a science!!! I hope I answered you correctly!

2 Likes

There is a few threads for this already, I just wanted to start a fresh one for a new year!!

You can look up what you would like to learn about by typing a subject in the search bar

3 Likes

I see! Disregard previous comment. I missed this part. I’ll delete it. Thanks, @Laura5!

3 Likes

Thank you Laura, so simple!
I knew it would be.
As for the cornbread and strawberries, I’m not working on that, it was just an example of how I can be miles from my mixing room and still annoy people with my flavor brain.
One that I am working on is deep fried ice cream. Its too early though.
I have a lot of recipes I’m proud of, those are the ones I’ve made public.

3 Likes

Only blue raspberry I have used is LB it was good enough I didnt feel the need to buy another

4 Likes

The new one from Nic River might be a Cracking good time

3 Likes

Nice!! I’ve bought that and tried it way back a few years ago…I’ll have to purchase again! Refresh me, sweet or candy? Sour?

2 Likes

Have you tried it?

2 Likes

Nah, been hearing and seeing a lot of hype about it…

3 Likes
2 Likes

I only have the cream fresh and shisha strawberry. How much steep time? And would you be open to more strawberry…the ones that come to mind : sweet strawberry, alpine strawberry ect.
I guess I’m always looking for a pleasant strawberry mix and this sounds really good.
Also, why the cream??
Lots of questions…whoops

2 Likes

The cream is a trick I was told about in chat last night, really helps the Soft Banana along because it’s an over ripe banana… It’s not overly strong in Strawberry per se, was looking for something more banana heavy with some strawberry… I used the King (pazzo) because it’s a candy-ish strawberry taste and the shisha because I like the exhale I get from it, leaves an almost floral not for me. This is the first time I’ve used sweetener too because I learned that the citric acid in it boosts fruit flavours and other sweeteners have malitol in them, which could mute from what I gather.

I usually post recipes to get feedback in the comments and share some music. I usually listen to random stuff while I mix, so I like to post the tune of the session and I figure it’ll invite some more experienced folks to make suggestions as I usually just mix other people’s recipes.

6 Likes

Oh boy @Laura5 its veen so long since I have used it… I would say that it is candyish with a touch of tang … Im not huge on Blue Raspberry but I’ll mix a tester up tonite

3 Likes

Hype??? Its an old ttied and true flave… Hype is something like Yoghurt Drink a horrible flavor liked by YT personalities then other people repeat the info they heard lmao JK ( not really jk )

4 Likes

Bahahaha
That is totally not me!!! I still have a lot to learn!! Including and not limited to, expanding my use of flavor lines!!! The music thing is cool though!!
And sounds like a good trick!!!

3 Likes

Oohhhhh I’m still working on being able to mix with dairy and yogurt flavors…I had a fruit loop cereal once and it was disgusting. I have PTSD now…

5 Likes

Omg Fruit loop cereal is what got me off of cigarettes lol… Loved cereal Vapes …

3 Likes