Medicine Flower contains PG

This thought crossed my mind as well. Holding all further speculation until we hear from MF directly. Lots of speculation embedded in the thread. Iā€™m confident that weā€™ll get some straight answers when Alysia(sp?) jumps in here.

4 Likes

On a different noteā€¦Kaiā€™s Virgin Vapor might need to read this threadā€¦ Iā€™m 99% sure they use MF and NF.

4 Likes

Hell yeah, Itā€™s an open secret that they use MF.

Sorry for more speculation, but i think the problem here is that, for whatever reason, people have had it firmly lodged in their brains that PG is a petroleum product. And when people have banged on about PG allergy , theyā€™ve geberally bought that asumption hook, line and sinker and declared thatā€™s the reason why PG is bad for your health. " Itā€™s a petroleum product! Itā€™s used as an antifreeze in cars! Stop vaping antifreeze, people! itā€™s unnatural. Canā€™t be good for you. " Of course, people laughed at that "ā€œlogicā€, but nobody laughed at the outdated idea that PG is a petroleum product. That was simply accepted as a fact by all and sundry.

Enter organic flavours and juices. If they were adding petroleum products to their product, they could not, by law, describe them as organic. Therefore they dont contain PG. QED. Totally logical!

I mean that one false assumption could all-so-easily have led to the other, without anybody troubling to check.

Now, one question iā€™ve been desperately trying to ask is : can we please all reconsider that assumption that petroleum based PG , and petroleum based PG alone cause PG allergy? because. so far as i can tell , itā€™s grounded in nothing at all but that same old original false assumption. It might happen to be true, but can we please accept that itā€™s unfounded, and that we don;t actually know?

3 Likes

& @anon28032772 - Gracious!

5 Likes

FIVE

My emoji icon doesnā€™t workā€¦ :frowning: apparently, it works if I start the process with eyes : then if I use a smile or frown )

4 Likes

Yep, :smile: and Iā€™m very much hoping that the system finally shuffles the posts in this thread and the other one (Medicine Flower Suppliers ( UPDATED 2021)) back into the right order before we get the visit from MF royalty! @woftam was confident (-ish) that would happen eventually, but iā€™m seriously beginning to doubt it.

I think I should note that here that my confidence in MF is such that I was definitely not deterred from posting their latest sale in the proper thread.

On the allegen front, gotta say that if (as I suppose) itā€™s not the PG itself causing reactions when vaped, but rather the impurities in it (which would vary with source) then this verges on homeopathic concentations -in this instance- doesnā€™t it?

I mean, how big a % of that PG would consist in impurities? 1% ? less? (That would vary with manufacturer , ofc, and I imagine that MFā€™s ingredients would be at the purest end of the scale)

Then weā€™re adding , what? maybe 1% of that 1% to our juice. Not to mention that the PG is mixed with other ingredients, ofc, . so weā€™ve got further dilution on that account.

So, it could be that weā€™ll be ""luckyā€™ā€™ to get one single stray offending molecule in any given puff, couldnā€™t it?

Ofc thatā€™s not to say that stray molecule couldnā€™t cause havoc with the hypersensitive. nor that it couldnā€™t serve to sensitise folk when encountered on a regular basis (which is actually my biggest concern). But I do want to put this into perspective

2 Likes

Iā€™m stearing clear of speculation! :wink:

3 Likes

I donā€™t blame you :laughing: ofc, maybe we;re getting ten molecules per puff, or even zero molecules once the actual figures roll in ā€¦and once we know whatā€™s really to blame for our PG reactionsm (if we ever do) But if it ainā€™t the actual PG molecules (which are surely the same regardless the source of the PG) then it;s impurities.

So we can change the figures in the light of hard info, but that above logic tells us that weā€™re talking of extremely weak concentrations here, just on the basis that we;re diluting MF considerably (fact) and MF is highly concentrated (fact) thus contains loads of flavour molecules , not leaving much room for PG.

Basically , i wanna reassure Alysia that we;re not looking at a mammoth problem here, just something totally unexpected which might turn out to be pretty damned signifant to a few of us.

EDIT: @delltrapp is definitely using the likes as placemarkers. I just caught him liking this post the very second I posted it :laughing: . Gotcha!!! :rofl:

4 Likes

Update regarding Alysia here is a email I received this morning ā€¦

Hi there.

Thank you for the invite.

I will have to jump on beginning of next week.

Access to internet for the next 3 days will be in and out.

Thank you so much for including me in the thread.

I will look forward to sharing with everyone.

Kind Regards,

Alysia Gaye

CEO/Perfumer

Medicine Flower

10 Likes

hmm @woftam, @daath. the system still hasnt put the posts here back into chrological order, since they got shuffled about., making this conversation seriously disjointed. Can anything be done? (iā€™m still crossing my fingers that Alysia hasnā€™t tried reading this thread yet )

4 Likes

Is MF PG free now?

2 Likes

I was excited for the community, not myself :wink:

2 Likes

They are not. They just use a special VG derived PG that seems to be friendly to those that are usually irritated by or allergic to common PG

1 Like

Correction, that we assume to be friendly. Seriously, itā€™s such a tiny quantity, it must amount to near-homeopathic dilutions when mixed. So,it might just be that nobodyā€™s noticed yet. Did anyone ever find out if itā€™s corn-derived? thatā€™'s the million dollar question. from my own POV. But then, on the other hand, if it *is *corn derived, it isnā€™t that special

(Seriously, have had to be ever more strict re. eliminating corn from my diet. gone is everything that might have been sprayed with citric acid (that is most fruit and veg) now, Iā€™ll be subsisting on air , at this rate :(. So that question actually matters to some of usā€¦ or, well, me anywho. Must I steel myself to give up MF too?)

2 Likes

These are cold-processed using extraction without the use of any colorants, fillers, diluting agents or preservatives. Wildcrafted or sustainably grown and non-GMO. Purchased mine on Amazon actually (hey I had free gift card LOL) Is this the same thing? MF Dark Chocolate https://amzn.to/32ITkeR

2 Likes
2 Likes

If you go through Medicine Flower or Good Earth Beauty, they throw in some sample sizes and you can even request the samples you would like to try.

2 Likes

Thank you for that, I was waiting until they emailed me this.

1 Like

I would have done that, but like I said I had a free gift card and wanted to try this

2 Likes

Michelle there is PG in some MF flaves ā€¦it is a vegetable based PG I go came from the owner of MF

3 Likes