WHAT Has Made You Smile Today? (III)

14 Likes

But is it… in some instances?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

Point well made @Ianc13.

5 Likes

Simply rain and lots of it. We’ve been having fires breaking out all over the place and this is just what we ordered. Thank you rain gods :pray:

10 Likes

Hope you get just enough to balance things out. We got so much, it closed off main entrances/exits in and out of the city. This went off and on for about two months. Normally it’s a 15 min drive that became a 1.5/2hr descent into hell with the idiot drivers.
I live in the desert so everything looked like a soggy beach with no ocean. Although there was a video of a guy tubing just outside the entrance to Palm Springs. That was weird to see.

6 Likes

What kind of effect will that have on the desert in the coming weeks?

4 Likes

The amount of weeds that have popped up is unlike anything I’ve seem in the 20 years I’ve lived here. I’m sure we’ll have a horrific allergy season. On the plus side, it did create a super-bloom wildflower event that was fantastic. Normally everything here is brown in every direction, this spring it looked like a Monet painting on a black and white background.
Lots of waterfalls in the mountain walls of the valley too. Short lived, but spectacular. Wish it were like this year round, but then it wouldn’t be a desert.

6 Likes

Wow, take any pix of it? I’d love to see it.

5 Likes

It’s been beautiful weather. 70+ highs & 50+ overnight low. Wintered over Pepper plants are ready for the New Season.

11 Likes

No, I don’t have any, but I’ll see if my ex does. She just got her Naturalist certification and volunteers at one of the preserves.

4 Likes

Having an odd event outside my personal office: This was the sound of a rather large pressure release from an exploding bottle at my window - without any source after inspection: It’s always nice to know that I annoy the vexatious weaklings. Me not giving a shit reminds all that silly games are just tiresome.

The smile comes from their failed attempts to scare me.

6 Likes

They look very healthy. Will you plant them or mount them as hanging plants?

4 Likes

haven’t posted for a while on here figured it was about time.
I was torn between what made me smile and vape mail.
technically it’s both. yesterday i received a pure selfless act of kindness from a member on here I don’t even know “AH-HEM Cough cough” @Pastorfuzz.
sorry to blow up your spot on your selfless act… but, it if anybody is new and sees this,
this is what kind of community this is.
I just happen to ask about Rick sugar daddy sweetener. I couldn’t find it at DIY FLAVOURS… plus, the whole controversy that session drummer spoke about. The next message that came across was send me your address and I will send you a bottle free of charge!. that made me smile! That’s what kind of community this is In my experience anyway thanks for listening

15 Likes

That’s what we are here for. To help each other out.
Enjoy

12 Likes

@D-a-M-o-N, that’s just HOW he is.

7 Likes

He’s been doing it, for QUITE a while …

9 Likes
9 Likes
7 Likes

@Jetz does the same, even offered to send me a different type of sweetener that was clear instead of opaque. There are some really good people on here that go above and beyond.

7 Likes

@Ianc13 I’m glad you posted this, as I was going to say the same thing about Darren (Jetz), but didn’t want to, as he DID ship me flavors to review, BUT, the fact remains that if indeed, the DIY/Vaping Community is but a SMALL part of their (FLAVRZ) business, and I believe they/we are, then he’s REALLY making a “Good Showing” here, and I hope that people are noticing that.

When he started posting some of his FLAVRZ recipes, I noticed there was a fair amount of “Blow Back” about the brand, and an almost assumption that they were rebottled/re-branded. Right out of the gate. This was WELL before he contacted me for any reviews. He clearly, and articulately made his case, explained what (and even HOW) the did what they did, and there was STILL apprehension. Maybe that’s good, I mean, why not.

He contacted me regarding the reviews, and since I HAD seen the comments on his recipes, I felt, this was the PERFECT TIME to see what was what, and I felt like I needed to be the guy TO do it. Very shortly after I started reviewing the FLAVRZ flavors, I knew they were NOT rebottled/re-branded. Some were GREAT, some were good, and some were so so, and I tried to report my findings as such.

I’ve watched how patient, and active he’s been, trying to help explain, and RE-explain their brand, take some hits for the flavors not being super strong, etc., and he just still keeps coming back, and offering up help, recipes, and more.

The moral of MY story is, I watch closely when people contact MFG’s, especially with questions, or problems, and I watch how they are answered, or handled, and that says a lot. I think for many reasons just like this, when I’m asked if I would BUY flavors from @Jetz, even IF they aren’t the strongest, or shipping from around the world, that I say, “Yes, I would”.

I wish MORE vendors/MFG’s did that. I’m currently testing their Shortbread, and it’s got some damned buttery GOODNESS going on, so let me stop this rant, and get my ass back over to the FLAVR review thread, and keep knocking them down.

8 Likes